Let's make our own LD hypnosis file

LOL…I too have listened to the WarpmyMind files…and i agree with the verdict on the guy’s voice…I just couldnt listen to him for longer than 10 secs.

Anyway…just letting you know that I have been recording some scripts too but instead of using any theta waves i used the reverb features from Cool edit Pro…at times i also experimented with sound forge’s Sonic Foundry.

Sound Forge has a preset called Dreamscape…it adds a kind of “dreamy” effect to spoken words (what else)…I tried it and the first night i listened to my CD…one of my DCs said…“Hey you are Dreaming”.

I also experimented with locating the sounds from left to right over time…and this had an entrancing effect…it would seem as though the sounds are passing from my left through my head then to my right then reversing direction from right to left…made me trancey…very quickly.

Would you mind uploading one of your scripts to me? It sure would help get the ball rolling and I would love to hear the effect your talking about. I’ll send you some FTP info just in case.

Certainly…as soon as you are ready!!

Mentap, check your private messages.

This sounds like a good idea, I’ve got audacity and a microphone, I also have a friend who’s realy into the music/sound creating stuff.

You have my help if you want it.

mystery

Cool. Thanks, Mystery.

A problem I found with the warpmymind files, besides the pervert voice(and website content… lol), is that his LD inducitons are too complicated and I don’t think that he has even a mild understanding of lucid dreaming.

Ideas for the script…

I think it should have simple suggestions like…
“You are finding your subconcious taking over”
“You are are concious of your subconcious”
“You are a part of your dreams”

etc… none of this… “if the people around you behave different”… “as soon as you notice odd things happening”

I don’t that your subconcious has an idea of “if”

I do think that his relaxation script is fine, but I just don’t buy his lucid dreaming script… it is just too complicated…

I’m not saying I know the best way to do this, but I think that we could definitely do a better job with the script just sticking to basic commands and suggestions… even like “You will plug your nose and breath in”… I mean, just imprinting a reality check into your dreams could be a huge help.

Thats what we need, those kind of suggestions, toadstool.
I absolutely agree that we need reality checks mentioned and less complicated inductions. You hit the nail on the head with that one.

I’ve been thinking about this also. I listen to ocean waves everynight and occasionally have water in my dreams. Do you think its possible to create a dream sign like that?
If so, we could you a theta-like ocean wave background noise, which I already have that I use to induce those vibrations that some of are familiar with… and make a suggestion that
“when you see waves or water you will hold your nose and try to breathe. If you can breathe you become aware and consious…etc, etc…”

The background noise could either be used separately as a tool when you go to sleep or as the actual backgroup for the script…or both.
Either way the key is the script.
This is where someone who is versed in the application of hypnosis will come in handy. Actually nailing down the wording.

wow good call with the ocean and water thing… thats what I was trying to say… you need to be specific like that… he was just SOOOOOO vague.

Out of all the views this subject has gotten, I’m suprised more people haven’t offered some input / advice , etc.
What I will say is that the people that have contibuted will be the ones that get a PM of where the MP3 files will be WAAAAY before I post it publicly. And when (or if) I post it publicly it will be for a limited time.

I actually jsut got some software that can layer the different audio tracks etc… and I have a low voice… and I know how to make binaural beats into mp3s… soo if you want to send stuff my way

here is also a link to one of warpmymind induction scripts… i think his induction scripts are fine

warpmymind.com/Scripts/FocusInduction.txt

I’m going to put some fine tuning on a script I was working on, probably pretty amateur, and I’ll send it to you with that wave thing I was talking about and you add your ideas and lets give it a go.
Thanks toadstool.

If you wish, and have time to it, my tip is also to make a hypnosis file like a science fiction radio drama. (A kind of radio drama with replies and talking.) Mostly for them who not are able to lucid dream.

I got this idea because I have tried to set my alarm clock to alarm 2 hours before I usually go up from bed, and then turn on the radio. Then go to sleep again, and I sometimes have dreamed about what they talked about on the radio. That was cool :smile:

Maybe if people listen to the same CD every night, they finally realize that they are dreaming some day. And I think if it is a science fiction drama, it will be easier to realize that it is a dream, because they dream about things they don’t experience when they are awake.

Anyway, just my toughts. If my idea is irrelevant, I accept that.

Any viewpoints to this?

hahaha… good idea… have you ever heard of over the edge?

this one is called spooked and it would be cool to make one where some one calls in during a dream, but they don’t know they are dreaming… and they have been dreaming for a lifetime or something… or maybe multiple LDers call in…

nvo.com/cd/spooked

or the trip receptacle
nvo.com/cd/trip/

Thanks for the links.
Hope I get more time to listen to this audio records soon.
By the way: Are they made for dream control or lucid dreaming?

They aren’t dream related but they are cool radio shows :smile:

i like this idea! i just got back from being away from this forum for a long time and found this tread, great! i havnt listend to the warpmymind tape so im not totally aware of what we´re trying to create here, ill do some research and then i´ll see :smile:

anyway it sound like a really good idea to have a theme, if its science fiction or the ocean or something like that. so one can “program” ones subconcious to ask itself, “is this a dream” whenever it sees the ocean. scifi is good cause you will experience strange things wich only can be possible in a dream. and the ocean is good cause you can do a realitycheck everytime you see it in waking life wich may help programming your subconciousness.
also we have to do some research about what words our subconciousness understand like said before, maybe it doesnt understand “if”. like it doesnt understand “dont”. so if we tell ourself “dont think this is a dream” the subc. will believe we tell it “think this is a dream”
maybe someone knows a shrink (spelling?) or maybe we can send a email to the lucidity instetute and ask them for such things. or some other institute for dreaming/subc.

also i use to make psy-trance and still have some very powerful programs wich i can still use. so i can do about everything possible with a voice one can do nowadays…its not very hard…
good luck to us all!!! :smile:

Sorry for not sending you the script yet, toadstool. I’m in the process of changing jobs and I have to finish all of my projects with the old job before I start the new one… and that’s made my workdays around to 10-14 hours. Doesn’t leave a lot of time for much else but sleeping. But I have had some of the coolest dreams and even added another lucid one as well so I guess I can’t complain too much…
Hey! maybe I’m on to something…
Pure exhaustion + high anxiety + aching feet = lucidity…?

Anyway… that sounds cool, mindexplorer. Once I get the script to toadstool and he records it, then maybe he can send it to you (or just send it back to me and I will send you the FTP info) and you can do some cool things with it (put some stank on it).
And I know this first attempt may not be the end-all-to-beat-all (did I say that right) but I just want to see what we can come up with.
I figured it would take a few tries anyway before we stumbled on the right formula.
And yes I do wish we could get a pro involved in the actual wording. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed that one will stumble on this thread …but I guess thats not a bad idea about sending the script to someone that might give of us some pointers. Might just have to do that.

maybe its a good idea to post the script here (or make a new tread for it) and let everyone suggest things to change or any new ideas…

i know how it is… no hurry… I’m always working any way.