Getting Lucid + Sleep Times

Guys, I’ve been here for a while now, with varying levels of interest in LDs. Still, for 2015 I’m aiming to get serious again, but I’m having some hard times and I’d like some advice from the more prolific.

MILD and WILD have mixed results for me. Still, most of my LDs were DILDs, which are pretty much hard to expect. Sometimes WBTB with WILD work for me, but mostly don’t. I’ve recently tried FILD, but either moving my fingers keeps me awake or I forget to move them as I’m falling asleep.

So my first question is… What works best for you guys? What technique/tricks/tips/habits?

Another thing I’ve been wondering about: I usually go to bed around midnight and wake up at 7. Is there an optimal bedtime that works for you guys?

Try sleeping in late. :smile:

Your sleep schedule sounds good to me but sometimes sleeping longer than you need gives your body rest but your mind awakens. I get some of my longest LD after a long night sleep and then staying in bed enough to nap off into sleep again. It’s essentially WBTB but combined with getting more than enough sleep.

I’m experimenting with WBTB + WILD at the moment. If I know the alarm is going to be going off soon I really struggle to get back to sleep, but on a Saturday night when I know I can get up as late as I like, it works. Well, last two weeks anyway… This was after around 7 hours of sleep. So oversleeping seems to be the key for me.

Over 90% of my LDs are DILDs though, which I try to improve the odds of by focusing on my awareness, reality checking frequently during the day, and repeating my mantra “I will have lucid dreams tonight.” whenever my thoughts turn to dreaming.

Hmmm sounds good :smile: I’ll definitely try it, guys. I’ll let you know how it goes.

Thanks!