is it possible to LD the entire time you're Dreaming?

in other words, is it possible to get to a point that every single dream you have turns into a LD and you could LD indefinitely until you wake up in the morning for work/school/etc…?

would really like to know this.

The answer to your question: Yes! :content: And you can too! I would highly recommend consulting the threads involving LD methods to get started on learning how to initiate lucidity, and search around for info on lucidity aids such as reality checks! :twirl: This forum has tons of info, and it’s all for you to use to grow in your progress as a lucid dreamer!

Yes. This though caused me to give up doing lucid dreaming for years as when I reached this point of all night awareness, every night… it felt like my brain was getting no real rest at all.

It was extremely hard after about 5-7 days and nights of constant awareness to break the habit of just going into a lucid dreaming state instead of a normal unaware sleep state where I could truly rest and get a break. (I got scared that I may never been able to “switch off” my brain ever again).

that does sound scary. but i thought that when you are dreaming, your are out of body? if that’s the case, you shouldn’t worry. plus, I’ve read that during sleep your brain works much harder vs when you’re awake.

so, did you go back to having LDs every night, all night?

nods you are out of body when dreaming/asleep.

This doesn’t mean you cant suffer from mental fatigue if you have constant awareness. Don’t forget either that anything we experience while lucid, we also think about during the day too… (so it can be like living a double life if one has full time awareness during the night too though you are still you then too).

Don’t worry about this happening too much all night awareness doesn’t seem to be that common and I have hardly come across anyone else who’s experienced this. (I’m a yogi so my experience may be atypical to the norm, I guess though if I was doing other yogi techniques and stopped thought flows at times, void like state, during meditations, I wouldn’t have got mental burnout when I was asleep but aware)

No, I never got back to that happening. Id had taken years 5-6 years?? of working intensely on LD for that to happen in first place.

Last year or the year before when I spent about 5 months devoting some time into working on my LD skills again, I got to the point of being able to WILD around 50% of the time I tried, day or night (mostly I did this during a short afternoon nap).

At that point I just gave the LD stuff a miss again for a while but when I had got to the point of being able to bring on a WILD at will much of the time, I wasn’t having much sleep spontaneous awareness coming in and was only getting one spontaneous LD about once a fortnight, unless I was having a good spontaneous run in which I can get 2 or 3 in a week (but not for all night). this is on top of the WILDs.

Anyway, I’m not a natural when it comes to LD (unlike some I never had a LD as a child, I only did once I started working on things) but my experiences show if you work at it enough, it’s possible to become quite good and this and for it to even become spontaneously effortless.

you say you a ‘yogi’ what does that mean exactly? i keep hearing about ‘yogis’ and how they can have spontaneous OBEs/LDs, but it’s like there is “yogis” that do physical yoga, and “yogis” that do meditation yoga. but wth is a “meditation” yoga exactly? you meditate while you do poses?

I follow that path. Yogis tend to all forms of yoga from the enlightenment forms of yoga and physical forms. A yogi path sees both the mind, physical body and spiritual body as all very important so yogis work on all areas. My teacher, was mostly trained by tibetian yogis but he also incorporated other higher teachings from others too.

Things like OBEs and clairvoyance and other things “naturally” happen along the yogi path as part of the enlightenment process and the yogi meditations can trigger things off. Ususual abilities are not actual goals of yogis as they can pull a yogi away from the spiritual path if misused or got too hung up on eg clairvoyance is very common among advanced yogis even things like telepathy are sometimes used among the very advanced yogis.

Yogis gain what is called Siddhi (Psychic powers) … lucid dreaming (ability to control ones dreams) is actually one of the Siddhis if my memory is serving me correct. Siddhi powers - You may of heard of Yogis who can sit naked all night out on ice and melt it around them and sleep out there sitting and not freeze to death… its true. That is a Siddhi. I only have some minor Siddhi manifestations eg I can make my body suddenly very heavy so I cant be picked up.

I once played this prank on some firefighters during an exercise they were having where I was a volunteer casuality. It was really funny when two of these burley men found they couldn’t lift me (I was small size too at time too) and they had to call in for more help. I then made myself light and they nearly threw me after having to try to heave me to try to lift me a few times as they weren’t expecting a change of the weight. They were left very confused :smile: . That’s a minor version of the Siddhi in which someone can make themselves appear heavy.

Someone who does a form of yoga, isn’t necessarily a yogi. It’s a whole lifestyle thing with a life goal of enlightenment with a lot of different practices which come into it… some even sexually abstain due to yogi teachings.

Actually yogis do meditate with poses :smile: …using what’s called mudras. We don’t commonly meditate on our heads as some may believe lol.