Lucidity Challenge 48 - Task 3 - VampireVolfGame

Lucidity Challenge 48 Signups (Name - Personal Goal)

1. Thorn - Become my avatar
  2. sea-dove - Rob a bank
  3. Koal44 - LD Quest 99 “The Beauty of a Pie”
  4. obfusc8 - Use Iron Man’s Hulkbuster armor
  5. James_UK2008 - Become an Anthro Dragon

Koal44, since the Quest is already worth points, I’m going to need a separate goal. On the bright side, you can still do it for big points :content:

Ok then my personal goal will be to create a DC that have superpowers to do solve the dream problem at my place (teleportation, making people fly, transform everything…) :smile:

10 More people to reach our minimum!

1. Thorn - Become my avatar
  2. sea-dove - Rob a bank
  3. Koal44 - create a DC that have superpowers
  6. Scipio Xaos - S̶P̶A̶A̶A̶A̶A̶A̶C̶E̶! HULK SMASH. (I.e. Hulk TF.)

So… yea… It’s been too long that I’ve had this goal… I should really get to space. :razz:

… wait… what’s this? I’m getting… ANGRRRRRYYYYY!!!

1. Thorn - Visibly and tangibly increase in musculature
  2. sea-dove - Rob a bank

I changed my personal goal, as I forgot that Scipio, I, Mew151, and Letaali had an in-joke from the Mumble discussion about LC 47 that we said we’d act on. Thanks to Mew for reminding me and to Scipio for taking the plunge with me. :tongue:

2. sea-dove - Rob a bank
  7. Montebest - Grow a tail

v-Old goal-v

[spoiler]Honest lucidity
Wow, I haven’t been on here in a while… Getting lucid is hard, and I can’t remember the last time I was able to make concious, thought out decisions in a dream. Sure I sometimes do things I would want to do anyway, but I don’t often feel like I’m actually controlling what happens. Maybe this time.[/spoiler]

After some thought, I don’t think the point structure for this contest really allows for that kind of a goal. So, I’m going to grow a tail!

2. sea-dove - Rob a bank
  8. Susan_Y - Draw/paint something in colour while dreaming

I usually dream in grey-scale or greys+browns+yellows, not full colour. The idea of this goal is to have a dream in which I make a painting in colour, and to then try and reproduce it as a real painting when I’ve woken up. Dreaming making a monochrome pencil sketch is easy; but things go wrong when I’ve tried colour.

8 down, 7 to go!

Ancient Egypt, in the style of H. P. Lovecraft We haven’t started yet, so no points there, but my first dream after sign-up was pretty cool. I hadn’t realised before how Lovecraftian the human heart is. Ok, so someone having their heart removed from their chest cavity is pretty Lovecraftian to start with, but the actual organ – with attached aorta etc., is kind like of H.P. Lovecraft’s monsters. Also I think that was the first time I’ve taken drugs in a dream. No luck on my personal goal, as it was in black and white. Even if my life-drawing sketchbook turned into the Necronomicon.

Hey, sounds awesome! It’s a shame I can’t give you anything yet.

In the interest of time, if we can get to at least 10 people, I’ll be willing to start this upcoming Wednesday.

2. sea-dove - Rob a bank
  9. stari_maga - Cover an object in frost

Because yes, I do want to be Elsa. Or have some sort of sparkly magic powers, at least. I’m mostly just focused going to be trying to work on recall and lucidity, though, because I stopped practicing and having fun goals helps me focus on that stuff for some reason.

2. sea-dove - Rob a bank
  9. stari_maga - Cover an object in frost
  10. Letaali - Explore the frozen planet

I have been busy with university. Hopefully I get more sleep and some lucid dreams during the challenge.

OK, that’s the 10 we need, though I’d really like a few more before the challenge starts. Look for an update on Wednesday at 11:59pm CST.

Lucid dream

I guess we can’t score points until midnight tonight, but that was a lucid dream, 10 minutes subjective duration, which is long for me. I managed about half of my official personal goal, as I managed to change my vision from greyscale to colour. (And I made a colour drawing of the dream image as soon as I woke up; but I didn’t actually draw something in the dream and then copy it on waking, so haven’t quite achieved the goal yet). I also did some personal experiments I’d been meaning to try, which aren’t part of my official personal goal for this challenge (e.g. swimming underwater).

If you keep this up during the LC, you’ll have a good run :content:

someone add me up properly ;3. im on mobile and… reasons, i dont want to frustrate myself too much to prevent demotivation.

Personal goal - to win a significant battle against my sc.

any setting, any form. as long as i know it was my sc and the outcome was truly satisfactory. i dont mind losing the war again in the end, but at least once, at least one serious blow… or a cunning new trick that worked… or at least not breaking up and still standing for too long, against impossible odds… SOMETHING tangable to grasp… something… at something that i find by acident and sc is too late to notice…

THE WAR STARTS NOW

Task 1 - An Adventure in Time and Space

Welcome, LC 48 participants. I welcome you all to a new challenge, one that will test your skills as one of LD4all’s top dreamers. But the challenge will not happen here. No, not yet, at least. Instead, you will come with me to another time, another place. You may not see home for a while, but that’s just how I want it. Now, come with me.

Alright, everyone on to the TARDIS! Yes, yes, I know, it’s bigger on the inside. But we’re not here to play with dimensional physics! No, we’re on to somewhere much farther. Hold on!

Ah, we’ve arrived. Out everybody, out!

The story

[spoiler]/me opens the door to reveal the inside of a stone structure. Torches burn from the wall, and small openings in the wall (windows, perhaps?) reveal a green countryside with a grey sky. From the tapestries on the wall you realize that this is a medieval castle. It’s hard to tell what the country of origin is, but your attention is caught by two tapestries. One depicts a mage and the phrase “Magia est potentia.” Another shows what looks to be a stargazer with “Science vincit omnia” sprawled underneath.

[i]You can hear shouting from down the hall. Rhewin leads you to a large chamber. A man sits on a throne with two other men in front of him. They resemble the men on the tapestries, and they do not seem to get along very well.

“You live in a world long past dead,” one exclaims. “If you had your way, we’d still be in caves and depending on your protection!”

“Your inventions doom us all,” the other hisses. “I’d rather live a thousand ages in a cave than live with the consequences of your sacrilege against nature!”

"Silence! the man on the throne demands. “The two of you will bring down my kingdom! No more of this bickering! Either bring my kingdom prosperity, or the two of you will burn at the stake as equals!”

The apparent king on the throne gets up and leaves the room, a series of servants following. The two men glare at each other until they notice you and the rest of the LC participants. Rhewin does a slight bow.

“Lord Veahan of Magic,” he bows to the man on the right, “and Lord Szijak of Science,” he bows to the man on the left. “I have brought champions for you both. As promised, they will give whatever it takes to further your cause. That is, whichever team it is that wins.”

The two men look on solemnly, waiting for their champions to choose sides.[/i]
[/spoiler]

Well, here we are. Lord Veahan of Magic and Lord Szijak of Science require champions. We’re in roughly the year 800 CE, and magic and science rule equally. From our own history we know that science wins, but that was decided on the edge of a knife.

You will choose a team, Magic or Science. PM me your team choice. Do not discuss your choice with anyone. I will assign you to a team on a first-come, first-served basis. If you wait to choose, do not be surprised if your choice is gone. You have 48 hours to pick a team.

In the meantime, enjoy your time in the Dark Ages. Assuming that’s possible. Please note, tasks do not have to be done in this time period. You’re LD’ers, you’re free to do what you want.

Task 1

• Explore a castle +20 pts. You can visit a stony fortress like the one above, or perhaps you’ll visit a palace fitting of Queen Elizabeth II.
  • Save some villagers from the tax man +20 pts. Think Robin Hood! Well, you could also save them from the IRS since you’re not bound to one time, but that just doesn’t sound as romantic.
  • Joust +30 pts. Ah medieval Europe. Isn’t the violence wonderful? And for those of you who don’t know, jousting is riding on horses at high speeds toward another person in armor with a really long, pointy pole :happy:.

You have 48 hours to PM me your team of choice. If you do not give me a team within 48 hours, you will be randomly assigned. We have enough participants for one team of 6 and one of 5. Once one team has been filled, you will be automatically assigned to the other team.

Team Challenges here

Awesome story. This happened before this LC, but I tried to use a TARDIS for my personal goal in a lucid dream once. The damn thing didn’t work. It was pretty cool looking though. Shiny white walls and floors with green lights/panels/buttons. The problem was finding any planet on the computer. Maybe I should have summoned a tech support or a doctor.

Come on! I’m a Technomancer! Is this really fair? :tongue: Joking aside, I’ve sent you my PM and just wanted to point out it looks like you mixed up the colors based on what Red and Green say in the Story. Or is it Red and Green? :razz: