Lucidity Challenge 48 - Task 3 - VampireVolfGame

Had 3 LDs here this morning which at around at least 5 minutes a piece makes them a medium length for me. In #1, I successfully had a two way conversation with an Alien (PloKoon) this time around (assuming the previous one wasn’t eligable for points).

I had a long lucid dream where I did the monthly quest and alchemy task. I manipulated the ground to be softer to dig. It became almost like liquid, really easy to dig. I found an artifact for the monthly quest, although it was nothing fancy. Just a blue, metallic shovel with a brush.

Dream, in which I discover a copy of the Theodor Herzl Colouring Book. (As far as I know, this book doesn’t exist in the real world). This is a near miss on my personal task (draw or paint in colour in a dream and then reproduce on waking). I had colour vision in the dream, and partly coloured in one of the illustrations, but I didn’t quite feel up to reproducing it in waking life. This is also a near miss on the jousting one, as the science fiction alternate history version of the Crusades within one part of the book has at least a horse, and suggests the distinct possibility of jousting.

I had a NLD where I sold something to a DC. Basically I was in some old house with my friend who I was trying to convince to buy “membership” to a company I owned.

The “membership” only costed 2 million dollars a month… I don’t know what kind of perks he would get from being a “member” at my business, but it must be good for 2 million. xD

Anyways, I know I am not part of the Smuggler team, but I wasn’t sure If I got half points or something for completing their tasks.

Here’s a short lucid where I did something from Task 1 followed by an NLD’d portion of Task 2.

A Lucid Moment and Space ~ Short Lucid Dream ~ Alchemy, and Visit a Space

Stats so Far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 3
Short LDs: 3
Medium LDs: 1
Long LDs: 0

Task 1:-E White Magic | Explore a Castle | Exploration | Alchemy
Task 2:-E Sneak into a Building | Visit a Space
[/spoiler]

Dream, in which I fail to get to a Sleater-Kinney concert but do get to drink a beverage that’s pretty much like mulled wine. Probably too close to mulled wine to count for the “food that doesn’t exist on Earth” task, even if it was billed as a traditional recipe from somewhere in the dream. (Eastern Europe I think? Ok, another Transylvanian local speciality appearing in my dreams. And it was red, too).

In the second dream here, I end up working a retail job and thus sell things to DCs. I never get to process a transaction, but from one retail employee to another, I assume we both know that actual selling doesn’t take place at the cash register. :tongue: I do manage to convince some DCs to make a purchase that they may not have made without my assistance. The dream was definitely influenced by other tasks as well, such as a zombie infestation, but I don’t think I actually accomplished any other tasks.

Ok, I can finally start responding normally.

@sea-dove: as long as you knew you were dreaming, it’s a lucid dream. The level of lucidity doesn’t matter for the LC. And that is, indeed, chaining. Also, in your attempt where you kept dropping in and out, did you loose lucidity or actually wake up and go back in to a dream?

@demented: they way I read that was three LDs chained together through DEILD, yes? That would make them one long LD for points purposes.

@obfusc8: congrats on the record! As for the tasks, I’ll count your upgraded eyes as using cyber tech. Also yay personal goal! Also longest LD! You’re having my luck from LC 47 :razz:.

@Susan_Y: while that’ super cool, you’re right, the ship did need to be spacey.

@Jer: I think that is definitely close enough to talking to an alien… you asked something and they responded. Also, that is definitely a smuggler-ish thing to sell for sure. Half points for the cyborg!

@Thorn: that’ll work for hacking.

@james_UK2008: not much of a response still includes talking to an alien. Yay!

scores are updated

Task 3 - VampireVolfGame

[u]The Story[/u]

SPOILER - Click to view

Rhewin lets out a sigh of relief as the TARDIS finally hums back to life. He pats the console and then wipes of a small speck of dust with his handkerchief.

“There, now, good as new,” he says to no one in particular.

A knock on the door grabs his attention. He opens the door to find the entire LC group, all of whom seem to have been turned into cyborgs.

“Ah. No solicitors, please. We’re quite well, thank you.”

Rhewin shuts the door and goes back to cleaning when he finally realizes what he just saw. Scrambling, he turns on the TARDIS’s monitors and reviews the last week and a half. In the monitor he sees the groups going their separate ways and to the three factions.

“Now how on earth did they even find such horrible places?” he yells to no one.

Over the week The Cyborg Armada continued to grow in power, until finally it had basically taken over the world. While the Space Knights fought valiantly, the cyborgs overwhelmed them. The Smugglers thought they might be safe hiding silently, but they were found.

Clearing his throat, Rhewin walks calmly back to the doors and opens them once more.

“Erm… come in, please.”

Thorn, the most transformed and active of the group, steps forward.

“Your… body is imperfect. We will make you perfect,” he drones.

“Yes, alright, I hear you. Just come on in.”

The cyborg LCers follow, droning on about bodies and imperfection. Once they are all aboard, Rhewin presses a button on the console and the doors close.

“You will be perfect now… Rhewin,” one of them says.

“Oh for goodness sake, must I always be cleaning up after you?”

Rhewin hits a button labeled “EMERGENCY BILOGICAL RESET” and the TARDIS jumps into flight.

Everyone is knocked down by the force, but something more is happening. The TARDIS (breaking quite a few Laws of Time), erases the damage done to the LCers bodies in the last few days. When it finally stops, everyone is back to normal.

“Now, we really must talk about the consequences of wandering off on your own. Why-“

The TARDIS lands again with a thump and the lights go dim.

“Oh dear. I was worried about this,”
Rhewin says as he turns on a few emergency lights. “Drained her power. Oh, she’ll be fine, but we’re stuck again.”

A confused person begins to ask a question.

“Um, what just happened? The last thing I remember I was-“

“No, no,”
Rhewin says while bringing a finger up to his lips. “Don’t think about it. We don’t want your minds splitting apart in a temporal anomaly caused by memories from two parallel existences.”

“I-“

“Quiet.” Rhewin sighs again and looks around. “Well, I guess we’ll be continuing the LC wherever we are. But this time I’m coming with you. Obviously you can’t be left alone, given the last two tasks.”

The group walks out into a medieval looking village. There is a town square with a fountain. The buildings are empty and no one is in the street. The town is nestled in the mountains, with large boulders blocking all streets leading to the outside.
Rhewin looks around suspiciously. There is clearly something familiar to him about this place. When someone asks him about it, he just shrugs.

“It just looks like somewhere… or maybe two somewheres. Not sure, it doesn’t quite look like either, but neither is where we should want to be.”

Suddenly the TARDIS’s doors shut behind the group and it teleports away. Rhewin’s eyes widen.

“No! Come back here! Don’t do this now, silly thing!”

“Are we stuck here?”

“No! I mean yes! I mean, for now. The TARDIS has phased out of the time stream. She detected some form of danger that would be terrible than having to temporarily leave us. Unless we can sort it out…”

Laughter sounds from a castle at the far end of the village. The castle is close enough that it is also clearly abandoned. A shadow, thin but ominous, floats down to the group. Rhewin steps in front of the others. Something is familiar to some of the group, but no one can quite make it out.

“Who are you?” The shadow asks. “I didn’t think anyone would make it into this town unless I called for it.”

“I see no reason to an-“

“Rhewin. I have wondered if I would ever see you here. You’ve been to the other two villages, but never here.”

“I say again, I see no reason to an-“

“Let’s play a game.”

The shadow wisps around Rhewin, leaving him holding a book called the “GM Manual.” The shadow then disappears with more laughter. Rhewin swallows and slowly turns.

“I’m sorry,” he says, “very sorry. But things are about to get ugly. And the only way we get to stop it is to play the game.”

Rhewin looks down, ashamed to face the LCers. Behind him a sign hangs slights eschew.

It reads “Welcome to Llaca, the Village of Peace.”

Let’s play a game, shall we?

For this Task, you will be randomly divided into three separate teams: vampires, wolves, and villagers. YOU CANNOT SHOW PROOF OF WHAT TEAM YOU ARE ON FOR THE ENTIRITY OF THIS TASK.

The point of Vampire Volf Game (Volf, because a vampire can’t say “W,” get it?) is for each team to try to overtake or eliminate the other. If you’ve never visited wolfgame/vampiregame/vampire volfgame on the forum, check it out here. It can give you some insight on how the games work.

Obviously in the LC we’re much more focused on dreaming, but we can still have some fun. The rules are different from the real WG/VG/VVG, but you’ll see some similarities. Every day you will vote for one player. The team of the person voted off will lose one task off of their team advantage score (the individual player will not lose pts for the task completed, however). A person voted off cannot vote, be turned into a vampire, or be hanged again.

I will reveal the team of whoever was voted off and who voted for whom.

Everyone will have access to a villager’s discussion page. Yes, everyone. On that page, you can discuss who you think might be a wolf or a vampire and who you might want to vote next. Keep in mind, the vampires and wolves can pretend to be villagers here and may try to sway the vote, though neither team will know who is on the other.

The vampires and wolves will know who is on their team and have a private discussion. Villagers, however, will not know what team any other player is on until they are voted off. AGAIN, YOU MAY NOT SHOW PROOF, LIKE A SCREEN OF MY PM, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES OF WHAT TEAM YOU ARE ON.

Each team will also have a second vote. The second votes go as follows:

The Villagers
Once a night, the villagers also get to pick one player to protect. This will keep the vampires from turning them or the wolves from killing them. The outcome of this vote will not be revealed unless the vampires or wolves make an attempt on that player. If no one wins a majority, I will randomly select someone.

The Wolves
The wolves can choose one player to kill every night. Once that player has been chosen, they cannot vote again for the remainder of the task. The wolves could try to kill off a few players and then power vote to knock down a competing team. The wolves will vote with each other and one person will PM me. If no one PMs me or if I get more than one PM, I will check the wolf discussion page. If there’s no clear choice, I will choose. You can bet if I have do that, it’s gonna be a wolf.

The Vampires

Initially, only two players will be vampires. Every night they can choose one other person to join the vampire team. Any contributions that player makes after turning will go to the vampires. If that player has already contributed more than 3 advantage pts, the vampires get ONE (1) bonus advantage pt. If a wolf is turned, they can reveal their fellow wolves to the vampires, but cannot tell the wolves they have been turned. Like the wolves, one person PMs me. If no PM, I’ll pick for you. You don’t want that.

If you really don’t want to participate, that’s ok. Any missed votes will count as “random.” You won’t hurt your team, but you might not be helping.

Q&A

SPOILER - Click to view

What if an entire team is voted off?
That’s ok, they are not out of the game. They can still win advantage by completing tasks. After all, there’s only going to be a total of 6 votes, so only a loss of 6 tasks counted to advantage at the very worst.

Why can the vampires and wolves be in the villager discussion?
That’s the nature of the game: you don’t know who you can trust. Yes, that means the wolves and vampires and coordinate better, but the game wouldn’t go anywhere if they couldn’t.

How can the villagers coordinate if they don’t know each other?
That’s where things get trickier. Talk to people. Try to find voting patterns. If you notice 5 people all vote for one person and there are 4 wolves, there’s a good bet there’s a wolf in their midst.

Isn’t this the LC and not WG?
Yes, which is why the game is secondary. It scores you no extra points and can only help you get team advantage. This is just for fun.

What if I don’t vote?
Don’t worry, I will pick randomly for you. Unlike WG, there is no penalty to you. Just understand, you may not like the outcome if you leave everything up to chance.

How to the wolf kills/vampire turns work?
The teams decide who to pick and then PM me. If I get no PM, I’ll check the discussion and go with majority. If there’s no majority, then I decide. You don’t want that.

This task requires daily participation, from me as well (I hope you can see why I waited until I was free now). Please check in once every 24 hours for your vote.
Due to the nature of this task, there is no team task requiring the use of another team member.

I WILL PM YOU YOUR TEAM IN 24 HOURS. DON’T WAIT 48 HOURS TO CHECK BACK OR YOU’LL MISS OUT!!!

The Tasks (finally)
Role play: Pretend to be someone else in your dreams! I don’t require much, just role play like someone else. Of course, DCs should acknowledge you as your RP, not as you. +10pts

Make a wish in a well and see what happens: Yeah… do I have to explain? Make a wish, toss something in the well, and see what happens. +20pts

Fly over mountains: Llaca is in the beautiful mountains. Why not enjoy the scenery while you’re here? +20pts

Cyborg Team Advantage
Pick and upgrade and give it to yourself and a teammate (cannot be combined with the other upgrade task). Your team needs to be specific. Give me a specific place that you will perform the upgrade and what it will do. Again, this cannot be claimed for both the advantage and original team task at the same time.

tl;dr
I will place you on one of three teams: vampire, wolf, or villager.

Once a day, you will vote for one player. The player will be “hanged” and their team will lose 1 task in the advantage count, but will not lose their individual points.

I will send out a Doc for everyone to discuss who to vote for. Everyone will have access to this doc.

You can claim to be on any team you want, but you cannot show proof, like my original PM showing what team you are on.

Wolves and Vamps have their own private doc.

Villagers will also vote for one player they think they should protect for the night. I will pick randomly if there is no majority. This vote is blind, like the vote for who to hang, but you can also discuss it in your doc. Again, the Wolves and Vamps could try to influence this vote by pretending to be villagers.

Wolves can pick one player to attack per day. That player will lose their right to vote.

Vampires can pick one player to turn per day. The turned player will then give advantage to vamps on any task they do after turning, and will give one bonus advantage point if they already have done more than 3 current tasks. Turned villagers or wolves can reveal their previous team and known team members to the vamps.

Wolves and Vamps must PM me their choice or I will look for a majority consent in their doc. If I can’t find a majority, I will pick randomly. You don’t want that.

People who are voted out can still earn advantage pts for their team, but cannot vote, cannot be hanged again, and cannot be turned.

/me is confused, but pretends to understand. Log onto docs. Vote for people. Roger that.

Right so you knew I’d attempt a WILD after the new tasks this morning… Thought I’d missed the task but turns out I was still dreaming. :tongue:

Medium LD with lucidity regained. Flew over mountains. Giant spiders lived there, and they are apparently territorial and aggressive. :wam:

Task 3 looks interesting :happy: I’m excited! I wonder if there will be team specific tasks again, because the scores would reveal what team you are on.

I changed my avatar to fit the task. :content:

hey Obfusc! happy the conversation helped you in some way, did you say STAR WARS BOARDING GAME?!!?
James you summoned Plo Koon ?!!? thats so COOL O.O

this is probably the best sentence ever.

so yeah, havent been around for a while, some other exciting things popped out in my life, we’ll see how this goes on for me, new task 3 does sound easy enough!

completely forgot about the lightsaber… … . . . . … … . . this weapon is a jedi’s life! how could i!?

ohh yeah, completely confused about the game, will roll with it |:

influenced by One Piece i got to see Shanks in a sort of a dream =D

Yeah I was loosing the lucid dreams completely and dropping right out and then going back in (after a pillow repositioning …eyes open… roll over to my side and a quick leg stretch in bed to get comfortable again).

I reentered within 1 to 3 mins or so of the dropouts. So that would be waking up and going back in to a dream. Wake up is a funny term to use seeing I still had some physical body awareness while I was dreaming of being elsewhere. I was in very very light semi lucids (hence the drop outs, I wasn’t getting enough opportunity to stabilize myself into the dreams).

Did I wake up? That’s a tricky question when one is lucid as I consciously was already awake the whole time, I didn’t go to sleep in first place as my body didn’t full fully asleep, I was partly (I cant say I woke up when I didn’t full properly asleep). Half asleep dreaming gives crappy dropping out WILDs…

I have a learning disability and cant absorb large blocks of new info so trying to read and comprehend the instructions for that game is just a jumble inside my head (I have read and followed the game in posts at this site but still didn’t comprehend). So I’m taking the opt out option. I’d love to play it if I was feeling up to it.

Does this mean I’ll miss lucid dreaming tasks? :sad: (though I’m not about to run out of those here!! haha. I haven’t managed to do one yet!). I wasn’t able to comprehend how it relates to lucid dreaming tasks?

hmm… sweet sweet in between state…

OK, I’m about to send roles out, but let me make this even simpler for people having a hard time with the game.

The game is just for fun. Your primary focus is still doing tasks like normal.

While it might sway team advantage a little, you should still focus on tasks. The only thing you have to do is vote based on your team, and your PM will make that a little clearer.

As for how team tasks will work since the teams are hidden… well, you’ll see shortly.

Task 3 Team Tasks
Things will work a little differently this round because the teams are hidden. The team tasks are worth the same amount for anyone regardless of their team. You also might notice that points may vary from team to team. That’s OK, anyone can earn the same number of total points if they do the whole thing.

Villagers
Create a mob: what’s a good ol’ fashioned monster hunt without an angry mob? Get the crowd going! Start a riot! It doesn’t have to be all medieval with pitchforks and the like. I… suppose it doesn’t even have to be a particularly angry mob, but when has a happy mob ever done anything. Note: by mob I do not mean the mafia. 20pts

Wolves
Turn into a were-creature: Yes, I know this game has wolves, but I’m not so evil as to restrict you to one transformation type. Turn into some kind of were-creature. I will define a were-creature as being humanoid with animal/monster-like features. You can decide if you want to be mostly human or mostly animal, just so long as it is a combination. And yes, I suppose furries count. You’re welcome, TF fans. 30pts

Vampires
Drain a DC: Vampires live by drawing off something else’s energy. You could do the classic blood sucking, but you could go for things like dream power, life force, or … erm… adult energies and whatnot. Heck, if you really want to, you could be a cyber-vampire that draws energy from technology. Get creative! 20pts

Co-op Task
Reveal someone else to be a vampire/wolf: accusation is the name of the game in wolfgame! Accuse someone of being a vampire or a wolf and then prove it! Proof could come from things like causing them to transform, making them confess, or doing it the WG/VG way (a hanging). However you can think of, really. Bonus pts for accusing someone else in the LC. 30/30pts.

I am PMing roles out now. You will have specific instructions based on your team. I need a vote by this time tomorrow night. If you’re not sure what’s happening, don’t worry. It’ll make sense after one or two votes.

Also, one last bit of house keeping. The order that the votes go in this time are the wolf kill, the vampire bite, and the villager vote.

For example, if both wolves and vampires attack me, I am attacked by wolves and lose my ability to vote. Then, I am turned into a vampire. I can earn advantage for vampires, but still cannot vote. Then, I am hanged by the villagers. The vampire team loses 1 advantage because I am on their team. Again, that example is only if all three teams pick me in one night.

Long story short, wolves, then vampires, then villagers.

Being voted out, means the villager vote then? If you are hanged, then you are protected from vampires and wolfs for the rest of the game? Or is that latter quote just null?

had a short lucid!
nothing task related i believe so ill post a short overview of it here.
i was actually going to sleep with a certain goal to perform while lucid which is not LC related (shame on me…) although i guess if i would have done it it would have counted as healing.
in the middle of the lucid i got confused with another decision, which one to do, ended up doing none before waking up.

gist of it is.
got lucid, upped level of lucidity to be more stable, was chased by a group of zombies (never had a zombie dream, guess its because every second member here always talks about zombie dream !$?!$?) knowing its a dream i pushed their face back so they can give me a room to do what i want.
which is an indication of not high enough lucidity cause i could have just turned their way and wish them away.
they kept following so i flew away … over … a… city -.-
yep, not mountains…
i look back and the whole bunch of them are flying around gathered net to each other behind me xD it was a bit funny, i pushed their face away so theyll stop following me, landed in a small soccer court.
thinking about hot girls a bunch of people, between them, hot girls showed up. (summoning? or was it something specific?)

thinking… thinking… decisions… decisions…

woke up.

if any of you are interested, the intention i went to sleep with was about effecting the physical body through dreams. i wrote about it here:
https://community.ld4all.com/t/physical-healing-through-lucid-dreams/40108

and unrelated, if any of you are interested in facing fears through dreams, lucid or not, i will continue to sponsor myself and turn your attention to this link here:
https://community.ld4all.com/t/overcoming-fear-through-dreams/40109

Now Rhewin wouldnt it be compromising to write our vampire/wolfi/human task related dreams in public? i see how it can confuse others but… should we PM you those which are related to the 3rd task?