Lucidity Challenge 48 - Task 3 - VampireVolfGame

hmm… sweet sweet in between state…

OK, I’m about to send roles out, but let me make this even simpler for people having a hard time with the game.

The game is just for fun. Your primary focus is still doing tasks like normal.

While it might sway team advantage a little, you should still focus on tasks. The only thing you have to do is vote based on your team, and your PM will make that a little clearer.

As for how team tasks will work since the teams are hidden… well, you’ll see shortly.

Task 3 Team Tasks
Things will work a little differently this round because the teams are hidden. The team tasks are worth the same amount for anyone regardless of their team. You also might notice that points may vary from team to team. That’s OK, anyone can earn the same number of total points if they do the whole thing.

Villagers
Create a mob: what’s a good ol’ fashioned monster hunt without an angry mob? Get the crowd going! Start a riot! It doesn’t have to be all medieval with pitchforks and the like. I… suppose it doesn’t even have to be a particularly angry mob, but when has a happy mob ever done anything. Note: by mob I do not mean the mafia. 20pts

Wolves
Turn into a were-creature: Yes, I know this game has wolves, but I’m not so evil as to restrict you to one transformation type. Turn into some kind of were-creature. I will define a were-creature as being humanoid with animal/monster-like features. You can decide if you want to be mostly human or mostly animal, just so long as it is a combination. And yes, I suppose furries count. You’re welcome, TF fans. 30pts

Vampires
Drain a DC: Vampires live by drawing off something else’s energy. You could do the classic blood sucking, but you could go for things like dream power, life force, or … erm… adult energies and whatnot. Heck, if you really want to, you could be a cyber-vampire that draws energy from technology. Get creative! 20pts

Co-op Task
Reveal someone else to be a vampire/wolf: accusation is the name of the game in wolfgame! Accuse someone of being a vampire or a wolf and then prove it! Proof could come from things like causing them to transform, making them confess, or doing it the WG/VG way (a hanging). However you can think of, really. Bonus pts for accusing someone else in the LC. 30/30pts.

I am PMing roles out now. You will have specific instructions based on your team. I need a vote by this time tomorrow night. If you’re not sure what’s happening, don’t worry. It’ll make sense after one or two votes.

Also, one last bit of house keeping. The order that the votes go in this time are the wolf kill, the vampire bite, and the villager vote.

For example, if both wolves and vampires attack me, I am attacked by wolves and lose my ability to vote. Then, I am turned into a vampire. I can earn advantage for vampires, but still cannot vote. Then, I am hanged by the villagers. The vampire team loses 1 advantage because I am on their team. Again, that example is only if all three teams pick me in one night.

Long story short, wolves, then vampires, then villagers.

Being voted out, means the villager vote then? If you are hanged, then you are protected from vampires and wolfs for the rest of the game? Or is that latter quote just null?

had a short lucid!
nothing task related i believe so ill post a short overview of it here.
i was actually going to sleep with a certain goal to perform while lucid which is not LC related (shame on me…) although i guess if i would have done it it would have counted as healing.
in the middle of the lucid i got confused with another decision, which one to do, ended up doing none before waking up.

gist of it is.
got lucid, upped level of lucidity to be more stable, was chased by a group of zombies (never had a zombie dream, guess its because every second member here always talks about zombie dream !$?!$?) knowing its a dream i pushed their face back so they can give me a room to do what i want.
which is an indication of not high enough lucidity cause i could have just turned their way and wish them away.
they kept following so i flew away … over … a… city -.-
yep, not mountains…
i look back and the whole bunch of them are flying around gathered net to each other behind me xD it was a bit funny, i pushed their face away so theyll stop following me, landed in a small soccer court.
thinking about hot girls a bunch of people, between them, hot girls showed up. (summoning? or was it something specific?)

thinking… thinking… decisions… decisions…

woke up.

if any of you are interested, the intention i went to sleep with was about effecting the physical body through dreams. i wrote about it here:
https://community.ld4all.com/t/physical-healing-through-lucid-dreams/40108

and unrelated, if any of you are interested in facing fears through dreams, lucid or not, i will continue to sponsor myself and turn your attention to this link here:
https://community.ld4all.com/t/overcoming-fear-through-dreams/40109

Now Rhewin wouldnt it be compromising to write our vampire/wolfi/human task related dreams in public? i see how it can confuse others but… should we PM you those which are related to the 3rd task?

Dream

I got more than I bargained for when I tried to do the wishing well task. I was expected it to be “just like any ordinary wishing well” except it turned into the ocean of LCL from the Neon Genesis Evangelion manga/anime, with myself as Asuka (though I think I stole one of Misato’s scenes as well).

The LCL ocean in Evengelion is kind of a wishing well isn’t it? (And Gendo wishes to be reunited with Yui, with the usual fairy-tale bad repercussions). I’d like to claim points for the wishing well task, and the roleplaying one (for either rp’ing an Evangelion character, or a character from a hentai doujinishi that gets taken by her boyfriend to a hot spring for the weekend).

I had a lucid dream! I think I’m going to claim it as a medium since short for me is freaking out and waking up.

Also, there were aliens, although they were ghost aliens.

I wondered if I was dreaming in this morning’s dream.

And a nice long lucid here where I attempted 6 tasks but only completed 4. Totally had a chance to catch up with obfusc8 there (okay, not really :tongue: ).

Scipio Finally has NanoTech ~ Long Lucid Dream ~ Move Something with your Mind, Vampires, Use Cyber Technology, Hack Other Technology TASK 3 EARLY

Stats so Far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 3
Short LDs: 3
Medium LDs: 1
Long LDs: 1

Task 1:-E White Magic | Explore a Castle | Exploration | Alchemy
Task 2:-E Sneak into a Building | Visit a Space | Move Something with your Mind, Use Cyber Technology, & Hack Other Technology
Task 3:-E Vampires
[/spoiler]

I completed the subtask where you hack technology/ control tech with your mind!! I know that you said things like “driving a car” doesn’t count for controlling technology , but In this ND, I controlled a vehicle completely with my mind! There was a cord that plugged in the back of my cyborg head which allowed me to drive with my thoughts. It was pretty cool. Also some random DC came in and hyjacked the car with his mind. He was absolutely crazy. ( I don’t know if this would count for the use cyber tech with your body task too? Up to your judgement)

Full ND can be found here:

SPOILER - Click to view

I got a new car. It was a car that could directly interact with your thoughts. There was a cord that plugged in the back of my head. All you would have to do it think and the car would react. I drove the car around and thought it was really cool. My dad was in the passenger’s seat and he needed to get out so I pulled over at the side of the road. I waited in the drivers seat for him to come back… After waiting a couple minutes, An asian man who I did not recognize stepped into the car. He was completely drunk… Without asking,he plugged in his mind into my vehicle. Now there were two minds, controlling the same vehicle. With his mind, he made my gas and brake pedal disappear from underneath my feet. They reappeared underneath his feet, on his side of the car. He slammed on the gas petal and we started going 100’s of kilometres per hour. Fortunately the steering wheel was on my side of the car still. I could not control the speed, but I could steer. So I started frantically swerving(with my mind, of course) trying to avoid a collision. It didn’t really work, and I ended up crashing into a building- but we didn’t stop; He kept going forward. We hit a couple smaller things like posts along the way but It didn’t stop him… Eventually the car gave out from all the beating, and it stopped running. As soon as it came to a stop, I got out of that car right away. I did not want to be anywhere near that crazy man. I ran into a house on the side of street. I didn’t know the people that lived there… It was a couple who answer the door- They seemed very nice. They had 2 children. I asked them if I could hide in their house and they let me. I turned on the news and saw my face everywhere… I was wanted for reckless driving worldwide. I suggested to them that maybe I should call the police, turn myself in, and explain the situation. The couple said that isn’t a good idea because the police won’t believe me… So I went with them into an underground bunker where we would hide out until this whole mess cleared up. While I was down there, I got the urge to secretly call the police, so i did. I went against their suggestion and turned myself in. However, they were right. The police were not friendly towards me and did not believe me. i was sentenced to prison

@Letaali: that’s right. If you are voted out, or “hanged,” your current team loses 1 task counting toward advantage, you can no longer vote, the wolves can no longer attack you, and the vampires can no longer turn you. The first quote you posted is an example of the order events go in.

@Awe: anyone on any team can do any of the team tasks. It does not reveal what team you are on by posting a team-based dream.

@Susan_Y: that is a normal dream, correct? Also, I didn’t see you actually wish in the well…

@star_maga: congrats! Did you speak the the alien ghosts?

@Jer: I’ll count that for hacking.

scores are updated

The results of the vote will be up shortly after midnight.

The story

[spoiler]The whole group wanders to the town center. Rhewin is rubbing his hands nervously, occasionally stopping to pull out the GM Handbook in an attempt to find a loophole.

Finally the clock strikes and time is over. Rhewin collects the votes with a grim face. But wait, there are no where near enough votes. Rhewin grins, maybe there is a way out!

But no, a sudden gust of wind from the castle blows the remaining votes. It would seem that a non-vote only turned into a random vote. Rhewin clears his throat.

“Koal44, I’m sorry.”

A bright flash of lightning strikes and Koal44 has disappeared from the group, leaving only a crater. There is no hint he was a wolf or a vampire. The group’s apathy had killed an innocent.

“Well… better luck tomorrow,” Rhewin says, almost sounding like he is reassuring himself as much as anyone else.[/spoiler]

[center]The Wolves Attacked
The Vampires Turned
The Villagers Protected

Koal44 was voted to be hanged.
He was a villager[/center]

The Villager Team loses 1 task from its advantage count. Koal44 can continue to contribute but can no longer vote, be attacked, be turned, or be hanged.

The votes: (player - who they voted)
Letaali - JamesUK2008
Koal44 - Obfusc8
Obfusc8 - Susan_Y
Scipio Xaos - Zellonous
Thorn - demented

Everyone else either failed to vote or picked “random.” The random number generator chose Koal44. What a shame.

By the way, you need to PM me your vote for who to hang. I am reading your topics, but anything posted there is not official.[/center]

Rhewin has given me his blessing to post the Cyborg Team Task for last week’s winners. Only obfusc8 and I worked in the group document, and we both agreed that we wanted to make our upgrades other cyborgs, attaching Megazord-style to create a huge mech. Getting a teammate involved would be done by simply having the teammate be one of the cyborgs attaching to you, although it’d certainly be nice if you shared a consciousness in the form of the combined mech instead of just snuffing out the teammate’s free will. We also needed to specify where the upgrade would take place and decided that the attachments would go under out feet so that the dreamer gets to perceive his new form from the head of the mech.

had a none lucid dream, medium size if it counts, just not as exciting since your not lucid…
i had a baby |:
actually felt a bit irritating tending to it. thought how we love scans that lets us know everything is alright with our babies before they come out, while i was examining him, “ah five fingers left hand, five fingers right hand, nine fingers right foot … say what!? ohh ok what can you do…”

i was constantly changing between DC’s in this dream. anyway at a certain point someone stole him, i ran after them, took him back (he was folded in this dark little blanket) i actually kissed him 1# , idk… this whole baby concept in the dream was weird @%^
point is, i waited till i have my swords to punish the guy who stole him, my lightsaber swords!! wait for it… my toy lightsaber swords… YEAH there were TWO toy lightsaber swords… dual wielding… yea!..

i dont even know if i want to count this as something -.-"

Normal dream in which I stick memory cards and circuit boards on myself and then pretend to be a robot to escape some cyborg cultists. :tongue: Erm. Yeah. Apparently that works. So… ‘Roleplaying’ a robot?

Wait, do we not know who the wolves killed? I know the vamp-turning is supposed to be secret, but…?

Anyway, I did talk to them! They were like, “Don’t talk to this thing, it’s a ghost,” and I was like, “Wait, you’re ghosts too!” So not exactly an in depth conversation, but it was a conversation!

Yes, I lost lucidity during the hypnagogic hallucinations. I guess that was a “miss” – the dream resembled the task I was trying to do, but not closely enough to score the points for it. (Nothing thrown in the well, unless you count my body as the thing that was thrown in the well, and no explicit wish). Still, at least it was cool.

No points scored last night. At least some of the dream was based on the Neon Genesis Evangelion anime. The plot was bizarre and made no sense whatsoever. (Which was probably appropriate, considering the last few episodes of the source material).

I had a spontaneous LD on entry to sleep when I wasn’t really trying. It was about 3-4mins so a short LD (I wondered if it was an OBE as I wasn’t sure with this one but I do think now it was probably just a LD). [community.ld4all.com/t/sea-doves-lucid-dream-journal/40036/1)

I didn’t work on any of the tasks as I was too intrigued by a guy I was experiencing. He was covered in tattoos including one of the chest ones which looked like latin so I asked him what it said. He replied something like “Dreams can assassinate” or maybe it was “dreams can be used to assassinate” (I was going to get on with the tasks after I finished finding out who he was).

Didn’t get any tasks last night… I guess I will try again tonight.

But I did have this ND where I wondered if I was dreaming, but didn’t become lucid. This dream was basically screaming in my face that it was all a dream and some how I didn’t catch it…

SPOILER - Click to view

Our school was having a professor from another university come down to teach us. He was giving the class a lecture on lucid dreaming. At this point I wondered if I was dreaming, but never became fully lucid. The professor had grey hair that was styled like in a bowl cut, along with bright blue eyes. During the lecture I sat by (irl friends name) . Afterwards I went to go talk to the prof in person. I asked him questions but he never gave me direct answers. He looked me in the eyes and said, “We are very similar”. It was after that I asked him whether he did his job for the money, to which his response was “ What money? I’m just a figure”. ( WL note - This guy was practically straight out telling me I was dreaming and that he was a “figure” made by my subconscious. How did I not become lucid??)

+5 points is better than none I guess!