Lucidity Challenge 48 - Task 3 - VampireVolfGame

Page 11 of 16Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Author  Message 
Awe
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: a lot.

PostPosted: Wed 08 Apr, 2015  Reply with quote

obfusc8 what techniques are you using for lucid dreams?

Current LD goal(s): stability of lucidity + reaching the blueprint level
obfusc8
obfuscate! :P
cookie lover
obfusc8 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Awe wrote:
hey Obfusc! happy the conversation helped you in some way, did you say STAR WARS BOARDING GAME?!!?

Damn straight I did! :D

As for techniques, well I started with MILD and can still be heard muttering the odd mantra to myself while studiously 'checking my fingernails' (hand reality checks).
But lately it's all about All Day Awareness (or in my case, as-often-as-I-remember-awareness) and mixing in a bit of WILD. (I'm not much good at WILD but I'm experimenting.) Basically, if I do fall asleep instead of WILD then hopefully good awareness gives me a chance for a DILD. That's the theory. Was working well last week, not so much this week. hmm

Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Letaali has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 105

I turned into a werewolf in a non-lucid dream.

Dream

Current LD goal(s): Reach the Frozen Planet
sea-dove
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 100+

Another LD challenge miss cry though I got very close. This LD was about 20-25 mins long so for me its counted as a medium length LD.

Went to bed intending to trigger a WILD so I get into my new WILD position and try to go to sleep. I decide to do exactly what I did the other day when I ended up with the chain of 3 dreams. My intent, an effortless LD on falling asleep.

This works, within 10 mins I find myself suddenly in a LD.. I'm in darkish shop (I forget the first 5-10mins of the LD though I certainly was lucid.

I decide to stop looking around and start to think about what task I should do as I want the early bird points I start thinking of our latest tasks. I firstly think about he flying over mountains but seeing I'm the middle of the city, I decide one of the other tasks may be easier.

I decide to try to do the turn into a werewolf thing but before I start the challenge due to too many recent LD dropouts on entry, I decide best stabilise myself first, I'll be pissed off if I loose this lucid before I get to try to do anything. I choose to on this occassion to just rub my hands together briskly while thinking .. I'm in a lucid dream... feel my hands, I spend a couple of minutes doing this
(usually I use more complex stabilisation techniques but I'm in a hurry to get on with the LD challenge tasks!).

I go out seeking a werewolf to bite me to change me. Having had the fly over a mountain thing in my mind I decide to fly to search the ground below for one
(wow... I'm usually crap at flying and usually scared of this as I've crashed and it hurt before but this time I wasn't over thinking things and just easily flew).

I'm flying over parks. To my amazement there are colourful little dragons flying about too. (I'm amazed to see this as generally my LDs are much like real life unless I bring something strange there and I cant ever remember having a dragon in my dream before).

I fly for about 5 mins but are only spotting dragons and people so I decide to land and do an on foot ground search for a werewolf. I look in a couple of well lighted places but no werewolves to be found so I start to think of what dream symbolism may go with creepy things like werewolves and decide .. well probably dark. So I start looking in dark places for one.

I enter into a creepy dark shed purposely holding the thought, there is going to be a werewolf there! (trying to manifest one). The smell of moldy hay hits my nose as I enter the shed, its so dirty in this place, it's discusting and hence I start to seriously worry about "I'd better be in a dream right now or otherwise I'm right now walking around in a dark place filled with rats, spiders and goodness knows what!".

It's so real like, the reality of the smell of the molding hay and this place, I'm starting to not be sure if Im dreaming or not but force myself to continue as there is no way I'm going to chicken out and try to wake myself up to make sure I'm in a dream and loose my chance for more points. "Oh well if this isnt a dream, what's a few rats going to do to me I think, though I'm scared of those, lets be realistic about this, what's worst for me.. risking this may be real or loosing my LD?." I decide to loose my LD would be worst I think to myself

I decide this starting to doubt my LD is bad and will end up likely causing me to loose my lucid dream consciousness if I allow these dream doubt thoughts to continue, so I decide to slam the doubt away by focusing intently on the lucid dream task. I put all my thought into "This is a lucid dream, Is there a werewolf here?" I think to myself.

There is movement and there is something in this dark shed with me. I think at first its a person but then when it speaks due to its voice, I start thinking it is maybe a werewolf? I don't know but it then starts talking about werewolves. He's wanting to give me a lesson on them. I get excited "Oh great, he'll teach me how to change into one", (I wasn't feeling like I could just change without help). ..

So he (the werewolf?) starts to give the werewolf lecture "I'm here to teach you about the ............ werewolves finger"

"OHHHHHHHH NO!.. this isn't the lesson I want". At this a huge wave of disappointment hits me and I drop out of this dream.

When I woke up my heart was racing (my body doesn't regulate its adrenaline properly and I haven't been bothering taking my pills to stop huge adrenaline spikes which then hugely spike my BP up to dangerous levels.. maybe it was that which woke me.. that dream did give me quite a rush.. looking around in the dark waiting for a werewolf to jump me and the surprise I got at the end).

When I dropped out, I woke up in bed and know I can at this point easily put myself probably straight back into this same dream but I also aware on waking I've already forgot some of this lucid dream. So instead of focusing on getting back in, I lay there for a couple of minutes focusing on the dream, trying to bring the full recall back but don't manage to remember right back to the start, though regained my memory of the dragons and flying.

I seriously do need to work on my dream recall right now **sighs I used to have great LD recall in the past, so this is another new issue for me, it's like I'm starting all over again**. So I decide to get out of bed and post this here.

This way when I go back to bed and try to dream chain and possibly go into one again (I often can run with them once I have one) no-one can think or say that I didn't wake up properly in between my LD attempts and hence only give me 5 points for going back to a lucid dream)

So my plan now is to get out of bed and type each one out between the chaining (doing all this typing may make it a little harder to get back in ..I guess I'll get to see just how much computer light affects this. It's my confidence levels at the time which play a big part of my success at dream entries.. if I truly really believe I can re-enter one, I often can).

Oh crap I just read my task list again and saw I only remembered 3 out of the 4 new ones during this lucid (I'm avoiding the drain energy from something as I once did psi vamp stuff and don't want to trigger that in anyway for me). If I'd remembered "accuse a DC of being a wolf/vampire".. that one would of been simple to do with all the people about and I finally would of gained my first actual task points.

Current LD goal(s): Talk to Jesse my Tulpa
drd
a drd
Somniologist
drd has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 134

I had 2 short LDs this week

Current LD goal(s): Ride teh Smokeyz
sea-dove
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: 100+

PostPosted: Thu 09 Apr, 2015  Reply with quote

I just become lucid right towards the end of a dream. I was lucid for too short a time (short LD) to get to do any tasks.

She reaches out and I see there is a knife on the ground she's reaching for, she grabs it.

I'm shocked I'm about to be cut so this brings me to sudden awareness into this dream. I'm now lucid in it.

I make a grab for the knife but by now her own hand has reached it and it's in her clasp. She viciously pulls the knife back, slashing my whole hand open. The shock of my palm being slashed wakes me physically up.

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

I'm heading back to bed, trying to make it to 3 LDs tonight. I NEED some task points, I'm finding my number of points currently for a LD challenge quite embarrassing. I'm going to be wrecked today as I have someone coming in a few hours. (pity I can't do this often as it just messes up my sleep way too much).

Current LD goal(s): Talk to Jesse my Tulpa
Thorn
Another LD4all Dragon
cookie lover
Thorn has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 397

In the first of the dreams here, I am again my cyborg avatar from last week and am addressed as a colleague of a DC as we sneak into a building. Most of this is Task 2 stuff I already did, but since I'm pretty sure I'm not a cyborg or a dragon-unicorn hybrid IWL (a pity, I know), I believe my form and the DC's interactions qualify for the role play task.

Current LD goal(s): Get back into good LDing habits
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

OK, so LC VVG was a test to see if I could do something extra with the LC. It seems that it might have been a bit much tounge2.

With only three votes this time, I'm going to go ahead and end it.

While you can consider yourself to be on your current team, there will be no team advantage this round. Think of this like it's more of a classic LC task. Just a few extra tasks here and there. Competitive teams will return in task 4.

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
Susan_Y
Dream Deity
Dream Deity
Susan_Y has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Two lucid dreams, one medium duration, one long duration.

One in which I transform into Anna from Disney's Frozen and dance with Krystof in a snowstorm to the tune of "Let it Go".

And a much darker one where I'm in a vampire movie. I don't think there were any points on offer for "get turned into a vampire", so I'll just claim the points for lucidity.

Awe
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: a lot.

Quote:
But lately it's all about All Day Awareness (or in my case, as-often-as-I-remember-awareness) and mixing in a bit of WILD.

turns out i am doing something very similar to ADA, but thanks obfusc8! it was a great read =D
i too forget to do the it, keep reminding myself, the key is i believe, once you remember to do the ADA is to keep it up and not just do it for a few seconds.

it reminds me of a certain "threshold" ive had while using the sleep yoga WILD technique i use, which draws your waking awareness into the dream. at a certain point i just started having much more vivid dreams even if theyre not lucid.

Current LD goal(s): stability of lucidity + reaching the blueprint level
obfusc8
obfuscate! :P
cookie lover
obfusc8 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Thorn wrote:
but since I'm pretty sure I'm not a cyborg or a dragon-unicorn hybrid IWL

Inconceivable! :D

Ok this one is a normal dream. I use a spell which 'drains elements' on some ghouls and convert said elements back into natural energy. (It made sense in the dream.) The 'elements' looked like ghosts/life force energy when drawn out of the ghouls. Didn't personally feed off it though, I used it to nourish the plants. Close but probably not vampire-y enough for the task?

drd
a drd
Somniologist
drd has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 134

I had a long LD last night, and in one of my dreams last week, I moved something with my mind.

Current LD goal(s): Ride teh Smokeyz
Thorn
Another LD4all Dragon
cookie lover
Thorn has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 397

obfusc8 wrote:
Thorn wrote:
but since I'm pretty sure I'm not a cyborg or a dragon-unicorn hybrid IWL

Inconceivable! :D

Isn't it? I wanna be special, darn it!

I had a medium-length LD this morning, posted here (second dream), in which I turned into a were-creature and drained a DC.

Current LD goal(s): Get back into good LDing habits
Letaali
Ghost
cookie lover
Letaali has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 105

PostPosted: Fri 10 Apr, 2015  Reply with quote

I RPed as a soldier in a CS inspired dream. In another dream I RPed as a pirate in One Piece universe. Both were non-lucid.

Current LD goal(s): Reach the Frozen Planet
Koal44
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
Koal44 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: many

PostPosted: Fri 10 Apr, 2015  Reply with quote

I had a (very) short LD last night (yeaah first LD of the LC!), I didn't accomplished any task though.

I just teleported outside my house started to fly and to freeze time (or to fly incredibly fast) to get on time to a meeting with a friend. Then the dream vanished already...

Yeah my first 10 points this time! :D

Current LD goal(s): Do smth on stage in front of an audience
Page 11 of 16Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

print   ShareShare