Are you a natural? - Part II

As far back as I can remember, I’ve gone through phases where I have lucid dream after lucid dream, then just normal dreams. When I first found this site I read about the techniques you can use to self induce lucid dreaming, I tried them a few times and they do work for me, although I found on my first attempt to lucid dream (which proved unsuccessful) about a week later, I had very lengthy lucid dreams for about 4 or 5 nights in a row.

I’m not a natural at all. It took me months of learning and practice to be able to lucid dream. I think it makes me appreciate it more!

I’m not a natural too. I don’t remember any LD from my childhood…
But ever since I’ve learned about LDs, I usually wonder if I’m dreaming, even when I’m not trying to have LDs.

I’m not natural, but I do remember having two OBE’s or LD’s that were nearly exactly the same when I was a child.

In the first one, I floated up over my body and up towards the ceiling of my room, I wasn’t scared as I noticed I had a silver or gold rope with me that I could pull to get me back to my body.

The second one was nearly exactly the same, but I was floating higher than before, and then I noticed the rope was gone and I started freaking out as I thought I would float away. I actually thought I was dying.

They stuck with me all my life, but they only made sense when I heard about Lucid Dreaming this year.

It got a lot harder with age.

The LDs I have now (currently that’s very few) happen only at times of being actively interested in the topic. So I wouldn’t call myself a natural lucid dreamer :wink:

I’ve had some LDs when I was young though, but I think that’s because LDs are naturally more common in children…

I guess I am. I tend to realize I am in a dream more by intuition than any specific technique.
I don’t often have lucid dreams or get them at will, mostly I have prelucid style dreams where I know I can do impossible things and aren’t really in any danger but don’t quite click that I am dreaming.
I don’t keep a journal and tend to get a lucid dream when I stop trying too hard to have one but remain expectant and open to one occurring.
When I was young I used to use them as a ripcord to get out of dreams if I became too frightened. In one memorable dream There was a T-Rex prowling around the farm and I went outside the house to do something crucial by then the T-Rex was a man eating giant and was going to catch me that is when I got real scared and realized it was a dream. So I turned my back on it and sat down cross legged with my eyes closed and woke up.

I have started using reality checks and practicing mindfulness through the day. I have started recording titles for my dreams with a neat app called Lucidity too

Pfff…I’m a seasoned noob at best. I don’t remember anything even remotely resembling lucidity as a child. When I learned about it in college (having never even heard of it before) my interest took years and years to galvanize even to the point that I could start trying to generate an LD. Then it, without exaggeration, took me a full year of persistent trying to have my first one. When it finally manifested…well…you can imagine my excitement! :smile:

For those out there who are frustrated by delayed results…don’t sweat it. If I can LD…believe me, anyone can :happy:

High fives I ALWAYS say that.

Here’s to wishing both of us lucidity soon, mon ami :smile:

:beer:

I had Lds as a kid until I scared myself by doing something in a lucid dream that hurt me, then I stopped myself having them for a few years. Then I had to work very hard to get to the level I was at, it took time but was well worth it. So a natural? I feel most people are to a small level, but everyone can work to a high level.

I can I say I am a natural, to a certain extent.
I clearly remember as a child, it often happened to me to notice I was dreaming, especially during nightmares or when I was flying.
I am sure that sometimes I used that knowledge to force a wake-up for getting out of troubles.
I am less sure of how much I controlled my dreams when they were pleasant.

As a grown-up, before hearing about LD, I recall several experiences of false awakenings, semi-lucid dreams, seeing HI after a quick awake and stuff like that.
Once, I was able to see HI under closed lids and tell them in real-time to my wife… :happy:
Other than those rare occasions, I had basically no dream recall during last 7-8 years.

When I read about LD I thought - Hey, learning them would be a cakewalk for me, thanks to my previous experience.

Luckily it was really the case ! :tongue:

I had my first proper LD (DILD) just few days after starting practice, I was successful at MILD at first night, and now I am a dedicated WILD user.

I remember being natural as a child, but nowadays it seems to be gone. Weird.

Hi and welcome to LD4all, albelgiki! :welcome:

How old were you when you stopped spontaneously lucid dreaming?

I’m not sure. I just now discovered that this is what ive been doing & now that I know that it’s like I’ve mentally messed with my own head. I think I’m getting in my own way. I just do it but not intentially. So now that I want to do it on purpose I can’t. Hence joining this group.

Well I still am a child so I can’t really partake here. But I do have LD’s every other night when sober.

The more I think about it, the more I realize I’m a natural. I used to have spontaneous lucid dreams as a child, often from noticing inaccuracies in my dream or through DEILD. All of my dreams recalled has had me perform actions that a lucid dreamer would do, albeit with less awareness. Now that I have started keeping a dream journal again we shall see how lucid I can be.

The more I learn about LD, the more I realize I have been using the WILD technique since I can remember to help myself fall asleep because I have always had a hard time doing so. I can quickly get to a point of seeing images (withing 5 minutes sometimes) and usually after that am asleep. I am trying to learn how to grow from that ability and have a lucid dream. (i did have one lucid dream on accident years ago) So maybe I am a natural that just needs to perfect her ability.

I had my first luzid dream 4 years ago and since then i did my best to get more. But I allways had this felling, that I had luzid dreams in my childhood too, but i cant remember a single one. I just have this “feeling” :eh:

I had most success with the WILD method.
But its diffucult… There are a lot of things you can do wrong and you need a lot of practice. It took me a couple of weeks to get my first lucid dream with wild but since then I have 2-3 lucid dreams per week. Its just perfect. !! :content: :content: