What are some of your personal dreamsigns? Part III

Hmm, some of my dreamsigns would be weird weather, my grandmother that right now is dead, a DC named Kris that is not too persistent in my dreams but he still is and that’s all I can think about now :meh: .

vivid dreams.

Video game worlds, tearing up at the thought of doom coming over my family, my subconscious taking care of the walking for me, vehicles randomly vanishing as you drive them and car doors being an absolute pain to shut.

Some of my dreamsigns:

• A game world (one inspired by Guild Wars 2 or WoW seems to appear pretty often although I haven’t played either in a long time)
  • Maps. Maps are way more common; I can almost always see one in my mind if I need to. (I have a habit of mapping areas in my mind. Often, when I think about random stuff, I see a familiar location in my mind that I wander around subconsciously. Maybe it’s part of my memorization system, since my mind returns to the same location when I think about the same thing later on.) Maps can sometimes be used for teleporting.
  • Friends, family and pets that are dead in waking life. Usually they make me lucid.
  • Wandering in cities/surreal, dystopian environments/wilderness. I’ve had lots of dreams where I just observe and move around. I don’t like those. Probably linked to my mind wandering in familiar locations while awake too.

being in a car going somewhere, being around family members…

Really, really big malls, with loads of floors and escalators.
Surroundings from real life being a little unusual, like bridges, ways to random locations appearing or leading to somewhere else than in real life. Often being the same in several dreams.
Surroundings that reappear pretty consistently in several dreams.
The slopes outside my grandparent’s house; sometimes as usual, sometimes altered.
The cafeteria in my old school: often much bigger than in reality, and used by people not connected to the school, and its corridors, just way more complicated to navigate through.
Driving, even though I don’t have a driver’s license (not in the dreams either), basically just hopping in thinking “how hard can it be?”
Having a really hard time lifting my feet from the ground and walking. Very annoying.
Running, for no specific reason, just to get to places faster.

It’s my first day at school, I am reading the planning of the week. The numbers of the classrooms are missing. Sometimes it’s names of classrooms and not numbers.
I stopped school since 2004 and I never become lucid when this scene is happening… :roll:
Maybe now that I wrote it I will…

:rc:

Well… I’m not exactly too attentive when it comes to details, but one thing that I noticed is that it is very rarely — hell, I could go ahead and say “never” — daytime in my dreams. It is most definetely always night time, or maybe evening. Actual daylight is an amazingly rare occurance for some for reason.

But other than that, there isn’t anything consistently odd… or so I think.

• Stairs
  • Driving my car and not being able to bring it to a complete stop
  • Realising I’m standing on top of a very tall building
  • Looking at a clock twice in quick succession and noticing the time has completely changed
  • Same as above, but with words

I have a lot of “losing control” dreams. In real life, I’m fairly independent in personality. Not really afraid of much, and confident in my abilities. My brain seems to like to swap that around on me. :razz:

For instance, the brakes in the car will suddenly go out, and I’ll be going too fast to stop. Sometimes it’s dumb work stuff where I can’t seem to do anything right.

The worst are the nightmares where I’m being raped. They happen fairly often, and the rapists are always the kindest people I know IRL. The one guy was actually a friend who worked in the homeless ministry, and would give you the shirt off his back in a heartbeat. The dream turned him into an absolute monster. :confused:

Other, lighter-hearted dream signs are usually old, abandoned houses. Plus going out with my old friends from high school that I haven’t seen in years.

Taking my dog on a walk is a common one; and I was able to use it to attain lucidity just yesterday. It could just be that I’m more likely to RC during that time, however.

Other families. Different spouses & children in different homes. Those always let me know I’m lucid. Then I can interact on a whole other emotional level. Is this common? But right now I’m blocked. Since I found out what I’ve been doing I’m blocked. I did have an emotional surgery. Hysterectomy. So it’s probably why. But until 2 monthes ago I didn’t understand what I was doing… It’s hard to build my dream house now, literally. It’s been something I started on my own just to fall asleep a few years ago & it eventually lead to sleep paralysis & terror. Like I said I didn’t know the significance of building a house. I was just trying to fall asleep. Just to sleep. I had never heard of any of this. Imagine my shock when I realized all of this. Any & all advice is welcome. Hence me joining this group.

For nearly all my life I’ve dreamt of malls, some of which I dream of again and again. Going through hallways. Not being able to get my car brakes to work. Searching for a toilet but every one is disgusting. Being on a road trip. Interesting how some of us have the same signs.

I used to have a traumatic sign where I needed to call 911 but the phone wouldn’t work. Once I realized what this personally signified in my life it stopped.

Welcome to LD4all, Malls and Halls! :welcome: Did you get your username from your dream sign? :cool:

I still have that dream. In my country it is 112, and I get this often. Either the phone doesn’t work, or the volume is too low so the operator and I can’t understand each other.

Thanks! Yes that’s right! What it meant for me personally was I had trouble asking for help from others or expressing how I was struggling. We can learn so much about ourselves from our dreams…

[center]Well, the most common for me are: [/center]

To be in my old house (or old study center/s) again.
Lots of stairs.
The sea.
Night time.
Meteorites falling.
Seeing old friends (or deceased family members) that aren’t in my daily life anymore.
Fictional characters from series/movies/etc.
To be looking for someone or something.
To be late for an important thing.
Thiefs or savage animals attacking me.
A special place in the center of the city who doesn’t exist in waking life; there are huge buildings & lots of palm trees!
A beautiful cemetery with cheerful people walking on it.
Strangers being nice & friendly with me.
The main street of my neighbourhood.
Climate changing in just a second.
To die! :joy:

[center]Its surprising to see that we all share some dreamsignals! He he :purple_heart:[/center]

Oh, I don’t have that much dream signs, I think.

It took me eternities to figure out what my dream signs anyway :happy:
Now there are only two what are for sure:

• When friends show up I should check if I’m dreaming
  • Animals, every kind of animals, even fantasy creatures

But I suck at recognizing them. I’m way better at WILD :smile: Or I think so much about dreaming, that I think during I’m dreaming about dreaming and recognizse that I’m… yes, dreaming :happy:

My dreamsign is that I do ski racing for my national team :happy: But I am always very slow or do a crash :cry: Dont know why but im driving only 10% of my normal speed.

Terminator223, I have had that one too a few times. Usually it is ski jumping.

Another one for me is packing my fishing equipment and a lighter. It takes a very long time to pack, and I never get to actually leave. Many times, this is because I suddenly want to go camping for a while. I never get away from the noise and crowds.