Dying in your dream

I don’t think it lasted THAT long. I think there were time skips.

I have had many dreams where i have been in a life threatening situation from falling off a bridge then standing up and laughing as if i tripped over my shoe lace, to having a lethal disease that has no cure to which i do the impossible and recover! I find this very interesting and was wondering how many people have had the same sort of thing happen to them? :eh:

I know some people here have died in dreams from the older topics.

Personally I never have, i’ve been slashed, shot, stabbed and lots of other things, but either healed myself or woken up. I’ve yet to experience dream death.

Yeh this would probably drive me to do insane experiments in my dreams like hanging from power lines :tongue:

i got shot once and everything went black then i woke up so i think i died in that dream…but maybe not…i dont really remember. I had that dream years ago…it was jsut one of those dreams that jsut kinda sticks out

In a dream i had when i was a kid i died in a nuclear blast and ended up in heaven. Everything was white and foggy and part of the environment looked like a big open room in my school at the time. I saw stairs going into a cloud and god came down in a toga.

i had something similar to that 2…reading that just sparked teh memory. When i died my dream was a little more…odd

i was standing in my room looking out my window and i saw a plane fly over my house…then there were like lots more flying over my neighborhood and they were dropping bombs on my neighbors houses…then my house got hit and it blew up…and then i saw a pan with eggs frying in it and i said to myself “yup im dead, theres the fried eggs”
…i guess in my dream instead of seeing white light when you die you see fried eggs…

n e wayz i woke up shortly after and made fried eggs :cool_laugh:

hahahahaaaaa!!

I was camping with a friend, it was night. Than a huge griezly came to the camp site. We where outside of our tents, the bear killed my friend first while I jumped into my tent, I heard him scream and the bear is like GGRRRR!. Than he came to my tent, riped it open, I was screaming, the bear GGGRRRR! and than slashed me with big claws. It was a weird sansation. Then it quickly jumped to morning wher a teenaged girl found my mangled bloody body, (I didn’t see my own body, just saw the girl, and I knew it was bloody and mangled.) She is like AAAAAA! It ended. I was scared when I woke up, feeling up the area where the claws went in, nothing was there. That bear I am not gonna forget, even though it happened a year ago. When looking into his eyes I knew his purpose was to kill me.

i once fell off a an eagle and into a power station FZZZZTFRAAAAP…sizzzzzle :eek:
i cant remember if it hurt though…apart from getting flash fried from that little incident i only ever die in my dreams if im fighting zombies…and ussually either me and a girl go down either heroicly (last stand type…grab the biggist wepons and go to "kick a*s :cool: )
romanticly (damn that only hapended once for about a minite…last kiss that kinda thing…i wish that would happen again :shy: )
or suddenly i time jump from fighting zombies…to being one :bored:
unfortunatly the last naer lucid zombie dream i had was at the start of teh hols so…about 6 weeks back…to imaginary zombiescome back oh rotten flesh eaters…i miss the headshots :tongue:

Anyone ever tried to commit suicide in a dream?
I’m trying to learn to lucid dream now… And that will be the first thing I’m gonna do. So I hope you people are right about that dreams can’t hurt you.

dreams can hurt you but not particularly, physically. Its good to have fun, like jump off a talll building and know your not going to die.

But if your planning on actually killing yourself well maybe its not a good idea as it brings about unnecessary thought forms of aspects of yourself dying…

and make sure your dreaming lolol
"I CAN FLYYY…uh oh…THUMP

hell i always die in dreams one way or another.torture, falling , stabbed, murded almost ne thing u can think of, thought i aint died of sex yet …hmm

LMAO!!
aah death by sex…whatta way to go
oh and btw BUMP

Dying in dreams is cool - i go into what i think meditation should be like. Tibetan buddhists reckon you can be conscious during non-rem sleep - maybe that’s what it is.

The best way i ever died was by slamming into Earth as an asteriod created by another planet that i blew up. Busy night.

lmao…as homer and bart simpson once said “ae we gonna die son?”
yeah…but at least we’ll be takin’ a lot of inoccent people with us"
and you get to destroy a planet hmmf…he gets all the fun

Two planets. One to save it from an evil sorceress (that’s the logic of dreams), and the earth 'cause it was there.

i die sometimes, not frequently and i never get killed by a person, monster or animal. I usually drown or fall off a cliff or bridge while in a car. I hope its not a premonition… worries

I just found out that two people did indeed die when the hospital in Bodø was bombed in 1940. One of them was from the small town where my parents live, worked with the same thing as my father does, (He must have literally worked on what is now my parents’ property) and volunteered at a hospital for people with lung illness. (Lung illness was mentioned in the dream) His grave is in the small town. I must have walked past it many times.

I wonder why my subconscious picked up this story. This is the first time I consciously learned this.