Lucidity Challenge 49 - winner: drd!

That’s a very cool idea, but it’d take quite a bit of prep… if only I’d thought of that a few weeks ago. We’ll see how long signups take and whether I get time to come up with something decent… :cool:

Love the personal goal, as it’s something I’m trying too. Sounds complicated though! :content: Up to you how ‘persistent’ it needs to be for you to complete it, of course, you could make it as simple as revisiting a location from a previous dream, or having a dream plot continue from an earlier LD, etc.

And @Mew151 - welcome back incubation master! :bow:

Well, shoot. If I’d known you’d take me seriously, I’d’ve signed up for the mage team… and then just ported my polymorphing sorcerer from a Pathfinder campaign I’m in to get all of the druid stuff too. :smile: I don’t know about whatever game you play, but Pathfinder’s sorcerers can grow and shrink themselves and others at Level 1 via spells while Level 1 druids are just beginning their bonding with bunnies. :tongue:

I think we all want this, really. I just never thought I had enough LDs to not have my NDs outweigh it, so I never got started. That said, I’m on an LDing hot streak now and might give it a go if it keeps up, so good luck to everybody attempting this sort of thing. :smile: [size=17]The LC needs to start before this hot streak inevitably goes away! I’m begging you, please![/size]

C’mon, people, sign up! Don’t act like you haven’t had a break since the last LC, as that reason won’t fly this time! I need competition, dang it!

I’d prefer it if it wasn’t something simple as that, really, but I’m also not going for something super complicated — where every crack and brick remain exactly the same. As for revisiting a location, I already absentmindedly did that (first I was in a house in a ND (a house I do not recognize as something in irl), then I was outside supposedly the very same house in a LD…) If I can do that but more, then yay. As for DCs, I have my ideas on who could easily be part. Preferably they’d be people who dont exist in the real
world, as to seperate the two. Like that one planet I visited. Blah blah blah. Typing on a phone is such a pain.

Lucidity Challenge 49 Signups (Name - Team - Personal Goal)

1. Thorn—NIGHT DRUID—Visibly and tangibly increase in musculature
  2. Oleg — Sky Ranger — Establish consistency and recurring elements… (And if not that, how about I just go to space, or something?)
  3. Mew151 —SPACE MAGE—Play DDR Dream Mix
  4. James_UK2008—NIGHT DRUID— Transform self into Predator
  5. Letaali—SKY RANGER—Visit the frozen planet
  6. Koal44—SPACE MAGE—Open a dimension door and go through it

I just like to mention that I did 2 LD tonight and in one of them I dreamed of Sea dove and obfusc. We were a bunch of people meeting for the opening of the 49th LC. Obfusc was busy talking to someone so Sea dove did the opening speech (in german but then I told him to speak english hehe).
Crap this won t make me earn any points… :happy:

1.Thorn—NIGHT DRUID—Visibly and tangibly increase in musculature
2.Oleg — Sky Ranger — Establish consistency and recurring elements… (And if not that, how about I just go to space, or something?)
3.Mew151 —SPACE MAGE—Play DDR Dream Mix
4.James_UK2008—NIGHT DRUID— Transform self into Predator
5.Letaali—SKY RANGER—Visit the frozen planet
6.Koal44—SPACE MAGE—Open a dimension door and go through it
7. Jer - Sky Ranger - Fly out into outer space.

Count me in! The last LC was my first one, and I found it really motivated me to invest more time LD ing.

Lucidity Challenge 49 Signups (Name - Team - Personal Goal)

2. Oleg — Sky Ranger — Establish consistency and recurring elements… (And if not that, how about I just go to space, or something?)
  8. Scipio Xaos - SPACE MAGE - Say hello to Cardia again. It’s been a while.

So I’m going with SPACE MAGE cause it sounds like the one of the three teams I’d most like to participate in right now. It was a tossup with the NIGHT DRUID one, but I think I’d rather be doing some magic. :razz:

And for my personal goal, I’ll be looking for a recurring DC and try to have another chat with her. :smile:

Eh… You know what, nevermind. Quitting now.

:bambi:

9. footballfreak - Space Mage - Talk to an animal or plant about their life experience

Mental abilities is what I’d like to work on, which is why I chose the Space Mage team. Very excited about this Challenge!

Haha nice, though Sea dove is a woman IRL I think!? :razz:

@Oleg: :bambi: +1.

And welcome to the other recent sign ups. I’m about 98% set and ready to rock, baring a few little tweaks to task descriptions. So when we get the last few sign ups we’ll be good to go.

Beh. never mind. I won’t quit.

Really, the entirity of the LDing just feels like disappointment after disappointment and I just dont have the willpower to keep it up without some sort of end goal to work towards to… But then that’s what the LC is for, so oops?

Edit: Also whoops to fall back on frustrarion and disappointment and then not realise them as potential causes for failure. Like seriously, I’m dumb sometimes.

9. footballfreak - Space Mage - Talk to an animal or plant about their life experience
  10. CornBrick(Coast) - Space Mage - Conjure a suit of armor and a sword

Initially I wanted to try Lucid Dreaming out of pure curiosity and because I thought it’d be a bit stupid not to take advantage of this amazing side effect of the way our brain works. Later on I discovered that LDs can offer a lot more that just pure fun, and then I stumbled upon an extremely important goal, that of meeting a particular DC. And so I must push onwards until my wish is fulfilled, for to spend time with this person would mean to spend time in the best way I can currently imagine. It is therefore my duty to myself to give myself the gift of godhood and to enter the realm of which I am the rightful king: the realm of my own mind.

Ok we’ve hit the 10 signups! :smile:

The challenge will start on Friday 15th May 2015 13:00 GMT!

for me lucid dreams started as the “just for fun” reason, after investigating it further i found out how much potential lucid dreaming possesses, from actually learning to be awake that third of your life you spend sleeping and close the circle, to using that time to learn tasks you can preform in waking life and further into things im investigating right now such as my personal goal.

right now im really into my personal task more than the LC itself so i wont be as active as last time, just letting you guys know.
i chose Space Mage team since a lot of times im having trouble conjuring in my dreams things like swords and powers, although last LC i did manage to use electrokinesis… but theres still work to be done! oh yes and i love Magic and space of course!
im getting the feeling there are too many Space Mage people, so if its a real problem i can move to the Night Druid since they also deal with changing things in dreams, if that helps, worst case ill just go for the Space Mage tasks and get less points.

seriously !?!? how did you plane to go about that!? sounds interesting!

ahh Thorn im glade youre here! for me that task from the last LC of kicking your avatar’s ass still remained ^^

OMG! we have a member that is 151 year old! xD

Letaali is that frozen planet you keep wanting to visit from somewhere? is it specific or do you just want to go to some frozen planet?

like it! sounds great!

Regarding the teams, I’m not bothered about balance, it is your choice, but we have seen in previous challenges how a good player on a small team can completely dominate, winning the team advantage and thus getting extra tasks/points to complete.

It does effect which tasks are worth more points to you, and possibly your approach.

All teams will have some crossover, but it comes down to your personal dream control skill and how you like to attempt tasks. E.g. If you require a sword, a mage would probably shout ‘Accio Sword’ and expect one to come flying to their hand, Harry Potter style. A druid would find a suitable object, say a stick, and turn it into a sword. A ranger would search the area for a sword or ask a nearby DC for help.

I cannot reveal anything about the tasks that each team will get, but if anyone wants to change teams, you have until 13.00 GMT tomorrow. :content:

Yeah I read about practicing languages in lucid dreams on a blog that lead me here. At first when my Japanese studies were good enough I couldn’t reliably LD, and now I can reliably LD my language studies are well… taking a back burner. Basically the conversations/phrases you know would be accessible through your SC, with the idea that you could converse with a DC in your chosen language to practice speaking/pronunciation etc. I will get round to it… one day. :smile:

It’s specific. I visited it in a very memorable dream 778 days ago.

i really just know words in japanese from anime but i dont know how to converse properly, i will keep that in mind as one of my LD to do list, sounds great!
does your line says “are you dreaming?”/ “do you see a dream?” (had google translate for the last word)

wow, i take it you werent lucid, i really hope you do get there. how did the houses look like?

Strange… I seem to recall you saying in LC 48 that you were leaving the LCs to work on more important things, but I see you’re back because nothing’s more important than beating up on somebody you barely know. It’s always a pleasure talking to you too! :tongue:

About time! I’ve been sitting on a nice, constant lucid pattern with no LC to apply it to, and I’m itching to earn some points. Also, how’s that tabletop campaign going?
/me flees!

Yeah it means “Am I dreaming?” but the verb is ‘to see’ so I guess literally it translates as “I see a dream”

Started and in progress, but not ready for human consumption. Guess I’d better quickly write some ’ host-self-insert fanfic’ instead :razz:

Suddenly, a lightning bolt falls from the sky, and makes a loud crash. A large dust cloud lingers in the air. After about 30 seconds, the dust clears, and there is a large crater in the ground, with a man standing in the middle. Oh look it’s drd! Drd announces as loud as he can “AS YOU ALL HAVE EXPECTED, I WISH TO JOIN THE LC AT THE VERY LAST MINUTE!”

10. CornBrick(Coast) - Space Mage - Conjure a suit of armor and a sword
  11. drd - Space Mage - Fire a mouth laser