Lucidity Challenge 50—obfusc8 wins!

She was created for the LC, so I’m hoping that the challenge will make her special to me. :content: I changed her name, though, since I don’t think I would respond to “En’enra” in a dream.

LC “OMG” 50 Signups! [Name — Personal Goal]

1. Scipio Xaos — A Flight with Cardia
  2. Zaibatsu — Full LD on will
  3. Letaali — Revisit a dream that had a cool planet
  4. En’enra — Use water magic properly
  5. James_UK2008 - Visit another planet

Name: James (ugh, did yauja even have names? Unoriginal I know :razz:)
Species: Yautja
Appearance: Scaly skin, black claws, shin/thigh/chest armour, a Biomask for enhanced vision modes, armed to the teeth with wrist blades and a shoulder mounted laser, dreadlocks and a face only a mother could love. :razz:
Height: 7 feet

We have five sign-ups so far, which is pretty good! I will say that I wasn’t expecting to get a bunch of super-tall aliens. I honestly expected some animal people or some sorcerers/wizards… not that going against my expectations is a bad thing! Do what you want!

Again, if we have 10 participants, we’ll start Friday afternoon ET to give people a one-week break after the last LC. If we get to 15, then we’ll start sooner so that people don’t get distracted or bail out.

Scipio Xaos — A Flight with Cardia
Zaibatsu — Full LD on will
Letaali — Revisit a dream that had a cool planet
En'enra — Use water magic properly
James_UK2008 - Visit another planet
Coasty - Meet a specific Dream Person, god damn it, just happen already

[b]Name[/b]: Arthur
[b]Species[/b]: Archangel
[b]Gender[/b]: Male
[b]Appearance[/b]: Refer to my avatar. In short: Armor, wings, sword, all with a purple theme. 
[b]Height[/b]: My height, as this is an assumed state, something I would ascend to, not a different person. The armor and sword would materialize around me.
[b]Mindset[/b]: Control. All I need is control. Arthur is the embodiment of power, control and knowledge. The Rightful King of the Land. Power itself manifests in his sword, all of the dreamscape bows to his command. His word is law. That is the fate that I want for myself. Just let me get into my dreams for a little while, let me assume this ascended state, and my mind will be bound by my command. The mindset of a conqueror. The mindset of the True King. That is Arthur's mindset.

Man, I was expecting way more characters that were clearly just whipped up in an instant for the sake of the competition, but people seem to be putting in a lot of effort! Heck, lots of people are describing certain mindsets they’ll have with their character that they wouldn’t have normally. Good on you for being so immersed!

We have six sign-ups right now, and if all of the people who told me they want to sign up do so, we’ll have ten exactly. Starting on Friday is looking very likely.

5. James_UK2008 — Visit another planet
  6. Coasty — Meet a specific Dream Person, god damn it, just happen already

FTFYA :razz:

7. Mew151 - Play DDR Dream Mix

Name: Miu
Species: Pseudo Catperson
Gender: Female I REFUSE TO BE CONFINED TO YOUR GENDER ROLES, CISGENDER SCUM
Appearance: Hair is styled to resemble cat ears. Looks like a Mew, so pink hair with blue eyes and overall pink design.
Height: 147cm
Mindset: Exploration and meeting with other LC peeps.

Scipio, you stole my original OC character design! You will pay!

Anyway, I chose a Mew-like character because Mews are less than 3 feet tall most people see me as an actual mew in dreams anyway. I chose to go with a female transformation because it seems like an interesting transformation that also keeps me in a familiar human body. Also mostly because when I was imagining a humanized Mew character, it was easier to imagine a girl than a super handsome macho tough guy like myself.

The challenge hasn’t started yet, so no points obviously, but last night’s non-lucid dream was about the Challenge, I think. In it, Thorn had reconstructed a vintage arcade cabinet and dressed up in a spacesuit from a “Golden Age” science-fiction comic.

8. Susan_Y - See the sky

I don’t have a particular character I really want to transform into. Given last night’s dream, 1940’s vintage clothing and (e.g.) Dale Arden from Flash Gordon comes to mind, but maybe that’s not a significant enough transformation. Instead, I’ll stick with a character I used for some of the tasks in the previous LC:

Name: Anna
Species: Disney Princess (you’re not going to tell me real human beings have body proportions like that…)
Appearance: Red hair. (Will appear as a mid-tone when I’m dreaming in greyscale, orange-ish when dreaming in reduced colour). It should be tied in pigtails to look like the movie, but I might wear it untied sometimes. Leather boots; warm stockings; dark blue ankle length skirt with a Nordic floral pattern at the hem; light green long sleeved sweater of a fairly thin material; dark corset with floral pattern worn over the sweater (What is it with Disney and corsets? Why can’t we wear something more like Dora the Explorer?); purple cape worn over the shoulders
Height: About 5 foot, I guess

Okay, we’re up to eight people! If we get two more by tomorrow, we’ll start then.

To talk a little bit about the whole “character” thing, the intent was to to be a follow-up to LC 47, in which Mew151 had everybody take a title to symbolize his/her dream actions. I originally planned to have everybody come up with a blank slate that would get developed with a few dream powers, some DC friends, and other things over the course of the LC. While I largely got that, I also got creatures from Alien vs. Predator and Anna from Frozen. :smile: I’m not complaining about this and it’s not wrong to have these characters! I just find it amusing, and my goal now is to just screw with everybody who used something that already exists (e.g., I look forward to making Anna shoot fireballs or something).

Knowing this, if anybody wants to create something different he/she than already made to fit the LC’s aims, then go ahead. If you like what you have, then keep it! Just expect that I’m going to mess with you. :happy:

Also, all of you should yell at LC greats drd and obfusc8 to get in here. :razz:

8. Susan_Y - See the sky
  9. obfusc8 - I AM GROOT! (Treant transformation + growing branches and stuff.)

I know this sounds ridiculous from a veteran roleplayer; I’m having trouble deciding on a character. One that springs to mind would fit perfectly with my persistence goals but he looks like a standard human, albeit much better-looking than me. His uniqueness comes from special abilities rather than appearance or different forms, which seems to be what Thorn is driving at.

Anyway, my recall is sucky at the moment, but hopefully the challenge will bring motivation to get it back.

^ A standard human is fine if it is a specific one with defined characteristics. What I do not want is for something so generic that people claim the five points in every dream. I need characteristics that can actively be examined to say “I am this person/being,” whether they are visual or otherwise. That’s part of the reason I started by requiring an anthropomorphic character; I figured it would be very obvious if you managed it or not! :tongue: However, many participants wanted certain people that were special to them, so I yielded on the half-creature requirement and allowed humans.

Also, if you get a chance, can you elaborate on what you did try to make last time with LC D&D before giving up? Not that I’m guaranteeing I can pull off such a thing, but if the LC does get active, it is quite tempting to have small games of sorts alongside it, and admittedly a tabletop game would fit well with the setup of this LC.

We only need one more sign-up before we can start!

5. James_UK2008 — Visit another planet
  7. Mew151 — Play DDR Dream Mix
  8. Susan_Y — See the sky
  9. obfusc8 — I AM GROOT! (Treant transformation + growing branches and stuff.)

:razz:

8. Susan_Y - See the sky
  10. drd - Summon and ride Smokey

Meh characters…Do I really need all of that information? I want to be a cat-person whose motives are ULTIMATE POWER! I decided that it was time to change my personal goal. Mouth lasers just isn’t working. I want to summon a giant version of my cat Smokey, and ride him. I don’t care what the colors are, as long as I call for smokey, and he comes to me.

No, that’s pretty much enough information, and people were way more specific than I expected. That said, you need to be consistent with it; just like all of the other participants who gave that specific information, I expect the same cat-person every time.

In any case, we’ve hit 10 participants! We’ll start the LC tomorrow afternoon (US Eastern Time), so be ready!

*Koharo’s voice is heard in the distance before riding in on a wind current
Heh now what do I look like sitting out the big 50?

8. Susan_Y - See the sky
  11. Koharo - Pull off 3 reality/death defying stunts

[color=orange]Species: Unknown (believed to be a mutant or monster as some would say)
Appearance: Appears to be human, long black hair, eye color varies. This somewhat exaggerated persona tends to have a bored or aloof expression when inactive for too long, but when in action he can’t help but smile.

Edit: This persona wears urban attire, sometimes wears native American attire, and originally moderately muscular build. He bulks up or changes size depending on the transformation (a quadruped wolf, hulked out anthropomorphic werewolf, an eagle, urban cat, raven, an anthropomorphic Jackal that bulks up sometimes, a hulked out version of his human form, or a giant version of his human form).

Height: 6ft
Mindset: My avatar reflects a less gritty and censored version of my dream interests and persona; Young, energetic, reckless, wild, and free. I like adrenaline inducing dreams, doing the impossible, thrill, action, and adventure. The party never stops around here the world is our playground. Heh I’ve got chills just thinking about the thrills to come. [/color]

8. Susan_Y - See the sky
  11. Koharo - Pull off 3 reality/death defying stunts
  12. Siiw - Successfully summon a big creature

I have had some trouble in my lucid dreams with rendering big creatures, for example dragons. My personal goal in the challenge is to summon a clear and solid life form, which must be significantly bigger than a human.

My avatar already shows the form I want to take better than any avatar I can remake. It is based on a dream by Letaali.

Species: Human, enhanced by magic

Appearance: Humanoid, radiant, and not affected by gravity. Long, red hair, green eyes. I don’t know why Letaali missed this character’s white silk hairband. Usually wearing a rainbow coloured wool dress and a light grey cloak.

Height: 1m 70cm

Before the start, just quickly describing my character - Good-looking Victorian-attired gentleman. Intricate magical sigil tattoo on left hand, both palm and back, extending the full way up forearm to elbow. Tattoo glows when channeling or casting magic. Basically if I can make that tattoo appear on whatever form/transformation, then it’ll count for the 5pts?

^ If that’s its defining characteristic, then yes, that’ll do it, although I’d challenge you to have the proper attire when you can complete tasks as that character (i.e. most of the time) instead of when further transformed.

I’ll put the first week’s tasks up in about 45 minutes!

Well there’s not much to elaborate on, I came up with a general scenario, locations and was starting on wondering if a full roleplay system would work and the mechanics of actually running it. In the end my best plan was to have a text-doc based space for people to roleplay out their task completions in the scenario given. This was just based on the observation that many people took part in the VampWolfGame in LC48. With roll20.net or similar online stuff you really need a set group of people all available at the same time, and with this being worldwide and across all timezones, that’s not easy.