Lucidity Challenge 50—obfusc8 wins!

[color=orange]Congrats Obfusc8!

Can I get points for encountering the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles in the sewer?[/color]

Congrats obfusc8! :content:

I had a long LD (yay) in which I drove a bus through a city (mega yay, I wanted to drive a bus since I was a kid).

obfusc8, with respect to the part of your journal that says I required the attire, I did challenge you to do so, but it’s ultimately up to you as to what constitutes your character. If the tattoo is the key part, feel free to tell me that you feel as if you’ve completed the task. In any case, congrats on 200 LDs! Is that really all you’ve had? Given the rate at which you have LDs, it feels like you should’ve had way more than I have.

Koharo, yes you can! EDIT: I originally gave points here, but didn’t realize that Koharo hadn’t actually had the dream yet and was just asking a question.

En’enra, I was smiling seeing how happy it made you to drive that bus… and laughing that you had a collision. :razz:

The scores are updated. Thinking about the entire “be a character” thing, I’ve decided to make one last concession: You may change your character once before the end of Week 1. If you made something that just doesn’t sit right with you or that is too hard to become, you have one chance to make something that works for you. Part of the reason that I originally requested anthropomorphic creatures for characters is that I find radical, surreal changes much easier to envision than more subtle, realistic ones. After all, the uncanny valley effect is much more noticeable in humans than in animal people because we see humans every day, so imperfections can be much more bothersome. If you find yourself struggling to incubate/visualize/become your chosen character, I suggest you try something crazier, paradoxical as it seems. Of course, if you’re perfectly comfortable, then keep on keeping on!

Thanks everyone. My LD rate has only recently reached this current level, and I’ve been practicing for less time than some… but I’m catching you up, Thorn! :happy:

Re the task completion: No I can do better. This is supposed to be a challenge and while my competitive streak wants to claim every possible point so I’ll beat drd this time :tongue:, there’s a voice in my head reminding me the challenge is ultimately against myself. Plus, there’s seven weeks to perfect this transformation… :content:

[color=orange]@LC Participants: [com](Already discussed it with the TM)[/com] To clear things up I didn’t have the dream, I was asking about the conditions before incubating it. So no points for me just yet.

Added a bit more to my description, I believe it was a bit brief beforehand.[/color]

How mean. :tongue:

I’d like to change my character. I’ll think about it some more and update the description (and the pictures, if I manage to create them).

Transformation is really, really difficult for me. Even a simple one, like changing what I wear. I had the most luck with a changing my hairstyle, but that’s probably because I change it often irl.

So… here’s some surprise success for the first night of the LC! Not as much as Letaali, but still. :razz: I’m grouping any kind of “wondering if I were dreaming” under the category “Lucid Moments” even though they’re not actually lucid. If they were to continue under that level of thinking they would have led to lucidity and so the name I give them is as such. :razz:

A Suburban Scene ~ Short Lucid Dream
Laundry Burrito ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Lucid Moment

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 1
Short LDs: 1
Medium LDs: 0
Long LDs: 0
Lucid Moments: 1

Task 1: ~ none ~
[/spoiler]

Meaner than you dreaming me up to be the evilest dragon around that attacked you and made you kill your family? Meaner than shrinking me and putting me in a pillowcase prison? I HAVEN’T FORGOTTEN! :razz:

I’ve updated the scores with Scipio’s dreams.

I thought I was forgiven. :crying: Your memory is great, though, I completely forgot about the pillowcase. :wiske:

Anyways, I updated my application post with a new character. Now that she’s wearing battle armor, she’s looking forward to host-related tasks. :grin:

EDIT:

Today, this entry.
A medium lucid (about 10 minutes long), and a tiny lucid FA. Low lucidity, no tasks.

Non-lucid dream in which I’m in a battle scene in a modern city. It had something of the look of 1950’s sci-fi comic about it. (Also apocalyptic anime like Akira or Neon Genesis Evangelion … and in parts a bit like the Israeli war documentary Waltz with Bashir).

Does this count for the “Wander round a city” subtask? (Even though people were shooting at the time).

I bet Thorn totally wants to see Anna from Frozen replacing Asuka as a mecha pilot in Neon Genesis Evangelion, but I wasn’t Anna in this dream.

Thorn wrote: “Fatten up from your food”.

I’m wondering if this task is one of the ones deliberately picked to be difficult to do as Anna… a Disney-style corset could a bit uncomfortable after eating too much :smile:

I had a short LD the other night. no tasks completed.

@Susan_Y: You tell me if it counts as wandering through a city. From what I saw in your DJ, you didn’t so much “wander” as leave one building and run across the street. Was there actual movement through the city for the sake of moving around the city?

Congrats to everybody who scored points last night. The scores are updated.

@Thorn. Well, there was movement from one building to another. Ok, it’s not enough to count for that subtask.

In every dream last night I was either riding my motorbike or driving a car, so that’s the drive a motor vehicle task done. :content:

I don’t know what this is. Medium LD? There was nothing important, though, just a bunch of feelings. :grrr:

Short lucid dream during a nap. I was in a city, started hearing music and wanted to run. I noticed that running didn’t feel normal. I became lucid and kept running. I heard a woman laughing behind me. She had long blond hair and was running too. Dream faded.

So…wandering in a city now done lucid?

obfusc8, I expected as much out of you.

En’enra, I’m sorry you had an unpleasant night. Try to look at the bright side, though. That “heavy” feeling you had? Try to apply it to a certain subtask for Week 1. :wink:

Letaali, yep, you’ve got the lucid bonus now.

The scores are updated. I’d like to point out that Letaali is leading the first leg with only one lucid dream by virtue of the tasks and bonuses he’s acquired. Focusing on the tasks is important!

CHALLENGER APPROACHES! (That may have been used already, but chat was talking about Smash Bros so oh well.)

LC “OMG” 50 Signups! [Name — Personal Goal]1. Scipio Xaos — A Flight with Cardia

1. Zaibatsu — Full LD on will
  2. Letaali — Revisit a dream that had a cool planet
  3. En’enra — Use water magic properly
  4. James_UK2008 - Visit another planet
  5. Coasty — Meet a specific Dream Person, god damn it, just happen already
  6. Mew151 - Play DDR Dream Mix
  7. Susan_Y - See the sky
  8. obfusc8 - I AM GROOT! (Treant transformation + growing branches and stuff.)
  9. drd - Summon and ride Smokey
  10. Koharo - Pull off 3 reality/death defying stunts
  11. Siiw - Successfully summon a big creature
  12. Eilatan - Looking for a good man.

Name: (Doesn’t have one yet)
Species: Half-Elf
Appearance: Humonoid except for the pointed ears. Emerald eyes. Shoulder length brown hair, most often tied in a pony-tail. Usually wearing boots, an elbow-length, leather glove on left hand and wielding a collapsible metal staff. Has a tattoo on right inner bicep.
Height: Roughly 170cms. (Because I want to be tall :cry: )
Mindset: Tall, dark and quiet type. Just 'cause :woah:

Had a normal dream where I briefly explored a city. It was big enough to have a parking garage with several levels, so I’m pretty sure it counts.