Lucidity Challenge 50—obfusc8 wins!

^ Man, I only gave you two bits of advice for that: don’t look down and keep moving! Yet what do you do? You stop and look down! :tongue: A shame you didn’t create a crater when you landed for another task. :smile:

Congrats on being the first to do anything from Week 3! The scores are updated, and that moved you up a few spots in the rankings!

In a couple of non lucid dreams this morning, I did some stuff! I managed to pull out a gun from hammerspace (like a video game). Then I met an LC participant’s character while I was my own character.

^ Nice, you have points! So, uh… plan to have an LD during this LC? :tongue:

The scores are updated.

So I was supposed to dream of being stepped on by a giant and what do I dream? That I am a giant riding on top of a larger giant.

I would like to claim points for questioning dreaming. I had a dream where I twice wondered if I was dreaming. At both points I checked my hands, but when dream me realised I was dreaming, I ended up being a third party observer and having no control over anything. So I am counting them as FLD moments.

In the second FLD moment I met Bugs Bunny at a bar, and he gave me some advice which helped me transform into my character for a moment before waking. I felt my eyes and ears change, and could see my left hand glove materialise. I tried to focus on what the tattoo on my right bicep was, but it was writing I couldn’t read.

I can’t believe Bugs Bunny was in my dreams. Now if only I could do these Looney Tune like tasks!

Had some dream fragments regarding me being my form… Was unexpected, and i certainly wasn’t lucid, but I was running around like a raccoon getting into things… I went into someone’s house, and was trying to reach some apples on the top of a fridge. I jumped onto the counter, and was about to jump up to the bowl of apples, but someone grabbed me by my tail, and dropped me into a cardboard box…

I don’t think i completed any tasks though…

I visited a carnival in a normal dream last night.

I need to resort to more extreme measures to catch up in this.

This is what I see in the mirror now. :cool_laugh:

I had a lucid moment last night.

Last night i had a medium length LD. I lost and regained lucidity in the dream. I pulled a large hammer out of the hammer space, and whacked my cat with it, while being on a beach. I stored something in the hammerspace to be pulled out in another dream.

Edit - Last week I had a medium length LD. I remodeled the apartment I was in by thinking about how I wanted it look.

Eilatan, becoming a DO does not necessarily mean you didn’t realize you were dreaming; that sounds lucid to me. I’m not going to say I know for a fact that it is because I wasn’t in your dream to say as much, but if you knew that you were dreaming, then I suggest you tell me as much and I’ll change the “wonder if dreaming” points to short LD points.
EDIT: We talked in IRC and decided to count this as a short LD.

Lumessence, you got points for being your chosen character for the first time!

obfusc8, noted.

Siiw, I’m going to imagine you were going to dye your hair anyway. Otherwise, what devotion!

drd, finally posting some task points, I see! So all I have to do is call you out in IRC to make you compete? :smile: Got it! Also, I wouldn’t mind the whack with the hammer; just expect to get crushed in return (for more points, of course). We can be accordion DCs together. :tongue:

The scores are updated.

Non-lucid dream. My first attempt at monthly quest 103. I dreamed that I had overslept at LD4All camp. (Is that even possible? :smile:) The dream wasn’t lucid, so doesn’t count for the quest. No tasks done, either.

Okay, 48 hours is just about up for Team Sun, and I don’t think anybody’s going to suddenly come up with an idea that wows everybody in the last 20 minutes, so let’s declare their new task official!

Dream in an animated style: Most of the times, dreams look fairly realistic. That, or we may dream in a CGI-style if we’ve been playing certain video games or watching certain movies or TV shows. See if you can have a dream where things look like a cartoon! I as a TM will add one requirement to this: you must be a character in the dream and not a DO. Anybody can dream of watching a cartoon, but the idea is to get involved in it! 40 points

Just a short LD here. Very low-level. No tasks…

Middle Earth? ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 1
Short LDs: 4
Medium LDs: 2
Long LDs: 1
Lucid Moments: 1

Task 1:-C Become your Character & Drive a Motor Vehicle [C] | Wander Around a Bustling City [C] & Fly Through a City [C] | Eat in a Nice Restaurant
Task 2:-E Walk on a Beach | Fly over a Mountain
Task 3: ~ none ~
[/spoiler]

^ Points are nice, but you need way more than that to catch up! Dream harder!

The scores are updated.

[color=orange]Finally updated. Had a short LD/OBE and medium LD where nothing productive was done. If anything I did a task again, the only one I already claimed points for.
*Koharo smirks trying not to laugh
Here

Do you require for us to take on a cartoon form as well or just have our surroundings in cartoon form?[/color]

^ You say it’s unproductive, but it gives you the lucid bonus that you missed way back in Week 1, so it did accomplish something.

The scores are updated, and it’s yet again time for all LC participants to make a decision about next week.

Pre-Week 4 Decision

[spoiler]You’re pretty sure you have it all set up. You’ll turn the crank that spins the gear that taps the lever that moves the pendulum that knocks over the bucket with contents that flow down an inclined plane and shift another lever that moves the bowling ball that falls and lands on the seesaw that flings the weight into the air to land on the scissors that cut the rope that suspends the piano in midair. You’ve suspended the piano about 100 yards away from you, which by the laws of cartoon physics means it should land on your head all said and done for task points. You’re just about to turn the crank when your cellphone rings again, with Thorn yet again on the other end of the line.

“Hey, sorry to interrupt again; I can see how busy you are. I’ve figured out what we’re doing next week for the LC, but I need to pick up the right stuff for everybody. If I had to get you a skateboard, roller skates, or a BMX bike, which one would you want to try out in a dream? You know, for breaking physics.”[/spoiler]
Next week will be a team week again! We’ll be defying physics using skateboards, skates, and bikes, and we’ll use the vehicles themselves to determine teams. Let me know by Friday which of the three you’d want to try in a dream (although I already have predictions for a few of you). As before, if you don’t post by Friday, you will be assigned randomly.

I’m taking a bike.

I dont care if I’m predictable! :razz: Bike! Bike! (Motor)Bike!

Another short LD with no tasks. Hopefully I’ll have a high level one soon with my memories in tact instead of running on instinct. Oh, and I’ll be on the board team. *Scipio is gonna design a board for the task. :happy:

Minecraft DEILDs ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 1
Short LDs: 5
Medium LDs: 2
Long LDs: 1
Lucid Moments: 1

Task 1:-C Become your Character & Drive a Motor Vehicle [C] | Wander Around a Bustling City [C] & Fly Through a City [C] | Eat in a Nice Restaurant
Task 2:-E Walk on a Beach | Fly over a Mountain
Task 3: ~ none ~
[/spoiler]

^ You’re catching up to En’enra slowly but surely. You know what would help you catch up even faster? Some task points!

The scores are updated.

No ice skates?

I’ll take a skateboard.