Newbie query on lucidity

moved from gen luc :moogle:
Hey guys im new here and i dont really have a question but i want to know if what i am doing is right to lucid dream.
So i started off by having a Dream journal and im pretty good a remembering one dream a night and writing it down.
Usually what happens when I go to sleep I usually wake up early in the morning and then fall back to sleep and that is when i dream and can remember it.
During that phase when im awake ill usually repeat in my mind
“when i wake up i will remember my dream”
and “The next time im dreaming ill realise that i am dreaming”
I think its the MILD technique im talking about
I also do a couple of reality checks during the day like “Am i dreaming” and stuff like that.

I asked this as the guide on the website is not really definitive so if any one can just confirm what i think i know that would be great!

So you’re asking if you’re MILDing properly? Yes, what you’re doing is correct. As time goes on, you’ll train yourself to remember more dreams and to wonder about dreaming more during the day.

This is called WBTB.

Yes, that’s a MILD.

Recommended Long Read:
MILD Tutorial
Big WBTB Topic

Remember to also check the good old LD4all guide and the Article Space.

“The next time im dreaming ill realise that i am dreaming”

That’s the mnemonic I used, almost to the word, to have my first lucid dream many years ago. From LaBerge’s book, I believe.

Keep practicing…keep intending…and it will happen. Maybe not right away, but eventually it will. When it does, that’s when the fun begins :smile:

Hi,

I’m new here too. I tried lucid dreaming once but after that, I can’t remember my dreams anymore. I can only recall just a fraction or just a picture.

links removed