Ask and Receive
print ShareShare 

Lucidity Challenge 50obfusc8 wins!

Page 13 of 28Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Author  Message 
Koharo
Lone Wolf Brawler
cookie lover
Koharo has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 9/7/15: 106+

PostPosted: Tue 07 Jul, 2015  Reply with quote

Quote:
Dream in an animated style: Most of the times, dreams look fairly realistic. That, or we may dream in a CGI-style if we've been playing certain video games or watching certain movies or TV shows. See if you can have a dream where things look like a cartoon! I as a TM will add one requirement to this: you must be a character in the dream and not a DO. Anybody can dream of watching a cartoon, but the idea is to get involved in it! 40 points

Do you require for us to take on a cartoon form as well or just have our surroundings in cartoon form? While embodied of course.

Thorn wrote:
^ You say it's unproductive, but it gives you the lucid bonus that you missed way back in Week 1, so it did accomplish something.

The scores are updated, and it's yet again time for all LC participants to make a decision about next week.

Pre-Week 4 Decision

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Next week will be a team week again! We'll be defying physics using skateboards, skates, and bikes, and we'll use the vehicles themselves to determine teams. Let me know by Friday which of the three you'd want to try in a dream (although I already have predictions for a few of you). As before, if you don't post by Friday, you will be assigned randomly.

Alright cool.
A skateboard/skates specifically, as in no jet skates or hover boards?

Current LD goal(s): A man in a white room, very long dreads, he resembles me..He knows somethin..
Thorn
Another LD4all Dragon
cookie lover
Thorn has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 397

^ Oh, sorry, I forgot to answer that first question on the previous page. It's okay if you aren't animated, although it'd be cool if you were. For your second question, you're not the first person who's asked me if we're using hoverboards or something else related; all of IRC seems to think I have something like that planned. I'll say to wait and see, as I can't give away the exact tasks beforehand now, can I?

You can, however, expect that I won't be pedantic. If I make the task general and just say "a bike" or "skates", then I'm more concerned about how you'd stand or the leg motions you'd make than I am about if it has wheels or works on ice or the like. If I'm more specific than "a bike" or "skates", of course, then I want the vehicle or gear in question and I'll make sure it's really fun. smile

Current LD goal(s): Get back into good LDing habits
james_uk2008
Resident Shapeshifter
LD4all addict
james_uk2008 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 376

Had 2 LDs here today. The first one was around five minutes long making it medium for me. The second one which took place immediately after the first was a short one at around 1-2 minutes. Skateboard for me please.

Thorn
Another LD4all Dragon
cookie lover
Chat Mods
Scribes

^ That gets you out of last place! Now get some task points too!

The scores are updated.

Koharo
Lone Wolf Brawler
cookie lover

Thorn wrote:
It's okay if you aren't animated, although it'd be cool if you were. For your second question, you're not the first person who's asked me if we're using hoverboards or something else related; all of IRC seems to think I have something like that planned. I'll say to wait and see, as I can't give away the exact tasks beforehand now, can I?

You can, however, expect that I won't be pedantic. If I make the task general and just say "a bike" or "skates", then I'm more concerned about how you'd stand or the leg motions you'd make than I am about if it has wheels or works on ice or the like. If I'm more specific than "a bike" or "skates", of course, then I want the vehicle or gear in question and I'll make sure it's really fun. smile

Awesome got it! I'll should be back with an answer before Friday. siiw

Current LD goal(s): A man in a white room, very long dreads, he resembles me..He knows somethin..
Eilatan
The Lookout Rogue.
Head Scribe
Eilatan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 十一

I pulled a Katana out of hammerspace while facing down what was either Thorn or Scipio, who also pulled a Katana out of hammerspace...

Okay so I was sure it was Thorn the first time I woke up, and that the character was blue. Confusingly enough, in another dream a DC asked if I dreamt of Thorn and my planned incubation, and I explained that it was more likely Scipio and the character was pink... After waking from that dream I was sure that the first dream was really both characters, just blurred from waking making it seem like it was either/or.

So basically, I would like to claim points for both pulling something out of hammerspace and interacting with an LC Participant/Host character. Just too bad we didn't have our Itchy-and-Scratchy-like hammer game. (Which may have been a good thing considering the katanas in lieu of rubber mallets) notify

Also, Thorn, don't I get a Lucid Bonus for Week 1 since I became my character in an LD?

Current LD goal(s): Meet my dream guide

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
drd
a drd
Somniologist
drd has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 134

I had a long length LD last night in which I lost, and regained my lucidity a couple times. No tasks completed.

Current LD goal(s): Ride teh Smokeyz
Thorn
Another LD4all Dragon
cookie lover
Chat Mods
Scribes

Eilatan, I see your tiny text. You'd be surprised how much easier that stuff is to keep track of when the dreamer in question knows if he/she had an LD! It's much easier for me to think "okay, what points apply for this new dream?" than it is to think "okay, I need to edit this dream's scoring, so what changes?".

drd, you've mentioned lucidity loss and regaining in your posts so far, but that's not actually worth any points this LC. I'm still struggling to see why it should be worth a bonus compared to dreams that are properly stabilized from the get-go and thus fade away less frequently. The lucidity regain already gets you a greater score due to the increased LD length, so I'm not doubling up bonuses as past hosts did.

The scores are updated.

drd
a drd
Somniologist

Thorn wrote:
drd, you've mentioned lucidity loss and regaining in your posts so far, but that's not actually worth any points this LC.

Hmm I was unaware.. Maybe I should have read the rules better.

drd
a drd
Somniologist

PostPosted: Thu 09 Jul, 2015  Reply with quote

Last night I had a medium length LD.

Mew151
Ebil Mew Idol
cookie lover
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: %d
Location: Universe............. Favorite Animal: Mew....... Nightmare count: 4

This morning i questioned my own dreaming state in what tragically only remained a non-lucid dream. Yes, tragically. Read the dream if you don't believe me. cry

Current LD goal(s): Get a real LD; Shoot fireworks out of my hands; Become top idol

Thorn
Another LD4all Dragon
cookie lover
Chat Mods
Scribes

^ That's terrible. So very, very terrible.

The scores are updated.

Eilatan
The Lookout Rogue.
Head Scribe
Eilatan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 十一

I had a short LD this morning. I tried to do my personal goal and summon a good man, but he rejected my call. Decided to summon a painting and run through it instead. I managed to walk off a cliff, look down, fall down and imprint myself into the ground. I'm pretty sure I heard Thorn showed up behind me just as I woke up. sadblauw

I can't recall if I was my character, nor if the world was animated, so I won't claim either of those. And who said long winded scenarios don't work? tounge2

Edit: Since I never got to have a skateboard as a kid, I'm totally going on the skateboard team. (Also because I want to get to snowboard one day. Not to mention the awesomeness that will be hoverboards).

Current LD goal(s): Meet my dream guide

Thorn
Another LD4all Dragon
cookie lover
Chat Mods
Scribes

^ Very nicely done! 170 points is a great stride forward, and it puts you way out in the lead for the current leg.

The scores are updated.

Koharo
Lone Wolf Brawler
cookie lover

PostPosted: Fri 10 Jul, 2015  Reply with quote

I have yet to update, but so far I've encountered what appeared to be a large albino worm and encountered an anthropomorphic Scooby-Doo both under strange conditions in separate dreams.

I was unsure until weighing my options again today.
-Riding the storm on a hover board was fun and I wanted to do it again for a large sum of points (From months ago).
-My last experience on a motorcycle in an LD could've been better, so that was to be considered (Not long ago).
-Lastly I always wanted to try out a pair of ATs and experience my own version of the anime Air Gear. In addition to that I bought a crappy pair of inlines in a recent dream (no fun) and rooftop parkour would be more fun in ATs or Inlines.

I'm going with team rollerskate/inline.
A little motivation/inspiration.

Page 13 of 28Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

print   ShareShare