Lucidity Challenge 50—obfusc8 wins!

Hmm I was unaware… Maybe I should have read the rules better. :tongue:

Last night I had a medium length LD.

This morning i questioned my own dreaming state in what tragically only remained a non-lucid dream. Yes, tragically. Read the dream if you don’t believe me. :cry:

^ That’s terrible. So very, very terrible.

The scores are updated.

I had a short LD this morning. I tried to do my personal goal and summon a good man, but he rejected my call. Decided to summon a painting and run through it instead. I managed to walk off a cliff, look down, fall down and imprint myself into the ground. I’m pretty sure I heard Thorn showed up behind me just as I woke up. :sad:

I can’t recall if I was my character, nor if the world was animated, so I won’t claim either of those. And who said long winded scenarios don’t work? :razz:

Edit: Since I never got to have a skateboard as a kid, I’m totally going on the skateboard team. (Also because I want to get to snowboard one day. Not to mention the awesomeness that will be hoverboards).

^ Very nicely done! 170 points is a great stride forward, and it puts you way out in the lead for the current leg.

The scores are updated.

[color=orange]I have yet to update, but so far I’ve encountered what appeared to be a large albino worm and encountered an anthropomorphic Scooby-Doo both under strange conditions in separate dreams.

I was unsure until weighing my options again today.
-Riding the storm on a hover board was fun and I wanted to do it again for a large sum of points (From months ago).
-My last experience on a motorcycle in an LD could’ve been better, so that was to be considered (Not long ago).
-Lastly I always wanted to try out a pair of ATs and experience my own version of the anime Air Gear. In addition to that I bought a crappy pair of inlines in a recent dream (no fun) and rooftop parkour would be more fun in ATs or Inlines.

I’m going with team rollerskate/inline.
A little motivation/inspiration.[/color]

I had a long LD, in the same way as drd had one, by regaining lucidity. I didn’t do anything task related, because the lucidity wasn’t full until the final scene after reading the note. far.

Last night I had a long LD. I entered a painting, and became a part of the scene shortly, and I was hit by a car.

Non-lucid dream, in which I am transformed into some kind of bear-like creature.

I’m wondering if this counts for the “turn into a creature associated with snow” task. A polar bear with patchy black and white fur is the best description I can come up with.

Koharo, I’ve given the points for the anthropomorphic creature.

Siiw and drd, your points are noted as well.

Susan_Y, the question is if you think it’s a polar bear or not, as your dream journal entry makes you sound highly unsure. I’ve given the points, but if you think otherwise, please say so.

Mew151 sent me this memo on IRC:

I’ve awarded his points as well.

The scores are updated. The next week of tasks goes live in just under two hours, so if you haven’t picked a team yet, please do so now!

Here are the scores heading into Week 4.1. obfusc8 (755)

1. En’enra (640)
  2. Scipio Xaos (510)
  3. Eilatan (490)
  4. Mew151 (410)
  5. drd (390)
  6. Siiw (300)
  7. Susan_Y (260)
  8. Jer (235)
  9. Letaali (180)
  10. Koharo (160)
  11. Coasty (130)
  12. Lumessence, James_UK2008 (100)
  13. Zaibatsu (70)
  14. Yanshuf (60)
    The top three had minimal gains last week, whereas a few other competitors made great leaps forward. We finally have a competition on our hands! :woo:

Week 4’s tasks are coming up at the top of the hour!

More story? More story!

[spoiler]All of the LC participants leave the cartoon world and return to Elcedia. Thorn guides everybody to a skate park with little fanfare, as the group already knows that it will be boarding, skating or biking. He proceeds to address everybody.

“Okay, quick LC history lesson. I’ve tried tasks about hoverboards before. Nobody ever completed them. So when you all started bugging me this week about hovergear, I was nothing short of gobsmacked. Yes, gobsmacked,” he says, clearly eyeing the usual loudmouth LC participant and silencing him in advance, "as I couldn’t believe you all thought I would be stupid enough to try it yet again.

“…the problem is that you all have too good of a read on me. I am exactly that stupid. Check your hammerspaces.”

Everybody reaches into his or her hammerspace and pulls out futuristic-looking skateboards, skates, and bikes. The wheels are clearly absent on all of them.

"For all of you that wanted to fly around, sorry. The tasks are firmly about actually boarding, skating, or biking just above the ground. That said, if you’re gonna complain about free hovergear, just… don’t. Just don’t. I mean, it’s hovergear!

“You’re on teams based on your vehicle, although you all have the same tasks. Just like before, the winning team can make a task next week. I’m sick of talking, though, so get to work!” With that, Thorn clicks the heels of his shoes together, causing jets to activate and raise him a few inches off of the ground. As he hoverskates away, Eilatan suddenly shouts, “Oh, that’s the purpose of the shoes!”[/spoiler]
Week 4: Thorny Hawk’s Pro Skater

Why yes, I did just make that reference! Good on you for noticing! The idea this week is to push physics to the limit in a way that real life extreme sports stars do. The hovergear is simply because it needed a dream flair—and considering how many people asked about it in IRC and in this topic over the past few days, I’m quite glad I decided to give the concept another go. You’re split into teams based on your vehicle choice, and the winning team (remember, average Week 4 points per member) will get to make a task fitting next week’s theme.

If you read this post before 4 PM EDT on July 10, please review it for a new task and some small changes.

[color=red]All tasks must be done using your chosen hovergear.

Jer, Lumessence, and Zaibatsu did not give me vehicle choices. To even out the teams as best as possible in terms of size and known LDing skills, Zaibatsu and Jer will be using skates and Lumessence will be using a bike.[/color]

Use your chosen hovergear: Whether hoverboard, hoverskates, or hoverbike, just using it will give you points. As in the story, I highly suggest pulling it out of hammerspace—my first dream boarding experience was done by jogging, reaching behind me, miming throwing a skateboard down onto the ground, and stepping onto it at speed. It works! 20 points

Jump from a ramp, slope, quarterpipe, etc.: Gain some speed on the ground and then get airborne! See if you can jump over something tall while you’re at it. 20 points* Jump over something at least twice your height: 20 points
Sport a grind: Plant your board, skates, or bike firmly on a rail or an edge and slide along. For maximum points, find something long and see where the dream takes you! 20 points* Sport a grind for 10+ consecutive seconds: 20 points
Turn by dragging your hand/arm/foot/knee on the ground: If you’re on a board or on skates, you’ll be using your hand or forearm. If you’re on a bike, you’ll use your foot or your knee. While these acts do have applications such as controlled drifting or tight turns, we’re aiming for their primary purpose—looking cool. :cool: 20 points

Do a midair rotation or trick other than a grind: I’m not going to start discussing exactly what constitutes a trick for each vehicle, but in general, grabbing your skates or board in midair, rotating your board, swinging your bike or spinning its handlebars around, balancing on the coping of a ramp, and turning in midair are all valid options. 20 points

Skitch: Skitching is the act of holding onto a moving vehicle while boarding, skating, or biking. Tony Hawk has actually spoken out against skitching; Thorny Hawk encourages it because dreams are perfectly safe. 30 points

Speed down a freeway: This task could lead to several task completions in one dream if done well. For example, you may slide along a guardrail or a concrete barrier for the grinding task. Skitching won’t count for this, but if you let go of the other vehicle and maintain that speed, it will count. That, or maybe you’re naturally fast in dreams as I am, so you can just take off! 30 points

Race another LC participant or the host: If you are indeed naturally fast, why not put that speed to the test in a race? Gotta go fast! Of course, the other racer must be using hovergear too, preferably the one matching his/her team. I’m a skates guy, myself, and everybody else’s choices can be viewed on the scoreboard by color code—boards, skates, or bikes. 40 points

Pass through a loop-the-loop or corkscrew: You could perhaps grind a roller coaster (remember that from LC 46?) and pass through a loop or corkscrew, or maybe an inversion just appears in the middle of the freeway—as a Sonic game player, I occasionally encounter this. Don’t puke! 40 points

All of this week’s tasks could conceivably be done in one well-constructed dream, although the tasks are probably well outside of your normal dream activities. Incubate hard, and you might just end up with a windfall of points! Show me your stuff!

So… I may not have gotten much dreaming in this week (been renovating a rather large room…), but I did get something nice done earlier this week… Without further ado… Here’s a picture of my character!

You can see more images from the sketching process here. Also, I’ll be copying Thorn a bit this week. :tongue:

I had a medium lucid dream last night. I’ll update my DJ later.

^ Nothing to say to this except that the scores are updated.

[color=orange]Updated

I don’t get credit for the sewer urban legend task, when encountering the pale worm-like creature?[/color]

^ Two things. First, all of the indented stuff is something you can do to further the task it follows. Reading your DJ there, it doesn’t seem like you actually encountered it in a sewer, so I can’t give points. Second, I had no idea you were referring to a sewer legend with your previous post; you didn’t say anything like that! :tongue:

[color=orange]All the indention stuff? [com]I see now nvm that.[/com]
Okay I missed the part where I had to be in the sewer when encountering it, got it.
Yeah I noticed that way after fact, I really should’ve clarified that :lol:. Thanks for clearing that up.[/color]

Just to clarify… tasks can’t be done on a regular bike/skateboard/skates, it has to be a hover-whatever?