Lucidity Challenge 50—obfusc8 wins!

In the latest ND I had I was reading a receipt for demonic services and tried to memorize their address. Does that count for 20pts? After I wrote the dream I recalled that there was “Marigold Alley” written on the receipt. here’s the entry

^ It most definitely counts, and I’ve updated the scores to reflect that. You’re back in second place!

Here’s LC 1 Task 2!

Thanks for participating in this very first LC! Hopefully you all do well enough to merit a second one!

More lucid points.

Return of the Purple Bananas ~ Medium Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NLDs: 2
Short LDs: 10
Medium LDs: 3
Long LDs: 2
Lucid Moments: 1

Task 1:-C Become your Character & Drive a Motor Vehicle [C] | Wander Around a Bustling City [C] & Fly Through a City [C] | Eat in a Nice Restaurant | Interact with an Anthropomorphic Character [C] Who was An LC Participant
Task 2:-E Walk on a Beach | Fly over a Mountain | Walk through Snow
Task 3:-C Pull an Object out of Hammerspace [C]
Task 4:-E Used Selected HoverGear [C], Sported a Grind [C] for 10 Seconds, Did a Non-Grind Trick [C], and Raced the Host [C]
Task 5:-E Shrink to 6" or Less
Task 6: ~ none ~
Task 7: ~ none ~
LC 1: ~ none ~
[/spoiler]

^ Because we’re running two LCs at once, you do get quite a lot of LD points for that. However, you still need task points to catch up! I won’t stop harping on that!

The scores are updated.

Lucid dream, longest ever duration (25 minutes or so subjective duration).

I claim points for:

• Meet a fictional character (Count Dracula). I’m going to count that as “Have an actual conversation with the character.”, although “Go out for a meal and snip” might be more accurate. (You’ve all seen vampire movies, I’ll leave it to the imagination).
  • Wander round a bustling city, while lucid. (I’ve claimed this before, but redone while lucid).
  • Eat in a nice restaurant. (I’ve claimed this before, but redone while lucid; sorry that I’ve snipped most of the restaurant scene).
  • Fly through a city, while lucid.
  • Fly over a mountain, while lucid.
  • Dream in an animated style, while lucid. (No new points, as I’ve already done this one, but I mention it for completeness. During parts of the scene with The Count, dream changes from realistic to animated black and white line drawing).
  • Pull something out of hammerspace, which lucid. (Occurs in the section with The Count that I’ve snipped; details on request, if you really must know).
  • Become a vampire, while lucid.

P.S.Rats! I forgot to do the hoverboard tasks!

That’s a rhetorical question, right? :razz: Well, if not, here’s your answer -

Medium LD

-Had a cartoon/animated dream.
-Transformed into colossal dragon again. Fought eMander in his giant orange kaiju form. :content:

Completed all the Day 2 tasks.
Found a fictional character - the phone guy from the five night’s at freddy’s games. This was not the fictional character I was expecting to meet… it’s weird because I hardly ever play these games.
Anyways, I saw him, got his attention, he spoke to me and we carried out a conversation about the different animatronics. His voice was distinct, just like it sounds in the game.

I was expecting a dream of the Doctor, and ending up dreaming of the Big Bang Theory, instead. (It’s actually been a while since I watched TBBT). I spoke to Sheldon at his “wedding” about the way he speaks and the way others understand him.

Susan_Y, wow! Congratulations on having your longest lucid dream to date! I see you didn’t claim getting bitten by The Count for the transformation; did that happen? I obviously can’t read that portion of the dream. :tongue: Let me know if it did, and I’ll add in the extra 30 points for you. Either way, you’ve jumped up to fifth place, which is an impressive move!

obfusc8, I don’t know your thoughts, but I don’t think I’ll ever stop having fun having those sorts of dreams unless I deliberately wear it out by becoming a dragon every night. :tongue: So now for the next question! Are you going to get the 150 points for doing the other task, or are you going to get the last 40 for yours? I haven’t forgotten that you took my “can’t breathe fire but has been much bigger than you” state as a challenge! :sly: [size=75]Although do we really have to fight when there’s a dreamscape we could be exploring or tearing down as dragons…? :cry:[/size]

Jer, you’re back in second place yet again! You only need about 1000 more points for first place; you can do it!

Eilatan, you’re doing way better than you acted like you would early on. Even if you’ve only had three lucid dreams during the LC, I’d like to think that you learned some valuable dream incubation skills considering your good performance. :smile:

The scores are updated, and since I don’t picture anybody’s sleeping at this time of day, I see no harm in putting the next LC 1 task up a bit early. However, the task as originally written focused on this post, which has lost all of its images to time. Therefore, I will modify the task but keep its spirit alive.

Some of this can flow well with the final week of LC 50, which also works best in a city. Get to your place in Elcedia, meet up with eMander or an LC dragon team member, have him/her chug delicious, store-bought nuclear waste or something until you have a huge monster (and chug some too if you’re on the dragon team), and then play some sort of game (hide and seek on an epic scale?). Of course, whatever plan you come up with works too!

Thank you all for doing so well in this first LC! I can’t wait to see LC 2 take off!

I had a short LD last night. I thought about several tasks, but didn’t do any of them before I woke up.

^ Congrats on the LD, but you’ve gotta get those tasks done! I know you can do it!

The scores are updated.

Non-lucid dream, in which Thorn says he can remember Dante’s Inferno because he had to study it in high school, and recites a few lines. No points scored, but this dream seems to be at least related to the Lucidity Challenge.

P.S. This wasn’t in the dream, but it just occurred to me that Thorn’s dragon character would work quite well as Satan at the bottom level of Dante’s Hell.

Short LD with no tasks. En’enra and Thorn showed up in bird then cat form. No dragons, sadly. I really wanted to do all the dragon team tasks…

In the normal dream I read and recalled a bit of text - a full song title. So is that negative points for being late? :confused:

I incubated an LD last night where I went to elcedia. One of the DC’s was my IRL friend and we play a tabletop game together. It didn’t look like any tabletop game i have ever seen but it was on a turn by turn bases and reminded me of chess. After we played the game, we went into a shop and bought some stuff, like a new backpack, and some other things. Then we put all our belongings into the backpack we bought and jumped on a bus trying to look insuspicious.
summary:

• Get to place in elcedia
  • Play game with DC
  • Buy something
  • Go to another location via bus.

I found out that the place Elcedia has really stuck to me over the last couple weeks. I find it easy to incubate dreams with this place in mind.

Susan_Y, I don’t know a thing about that in real life. :razz:

obfusc8, it is -10, but you also earned 25 for the task itself since you knew the song title and the router information exactly, giving you 15 points total.

Jer, you didn’t give me an LD length, so I marked it as medium-length. Way to sweep up those points!

The scores are updated. Now for LC 1 Task 4!

Yes, LC 50 had something similar back in Week 3. That just means that you have an extra incentive to do it tonight if you haven’t yet!

Geez, this LC thing is fun! Seriously, there needs to be a second one.

*Correction 7/31/15 Updated
Part of me still wants it to be June. This summer went by so fast.[color=orange] Med LD nothing completed.

Just keeping you posted: I completed my goal in the next Med LD, chained a pretty long LD this morning where I visited a castle (lucidity triggered during visit), hovered/flew through a city on a large hover bike/ship, and more near misses. I see some things have been added so its likely I’ve overlooked some newer tasks and such. [/color]

^ I’m curious as to how you can claim to have done anything on June 31. There’s no such date! I’ve added everything in under the assumption that the LDs that you didn’t give dates to happened Saturday night or later. I need a new personal goal from you as well.

The scores are updated.

[color=orange]^Heh I’m still wishing it was June that’s all…For my new goal I wish to use one of my zanpaktou.

Updated the last two LD’s
-Accomplished my goal
-Visited a castle, where my lucidity was triggered in a disturbing way during the visit (ran through it while lucid when trying to escape).
-Flew between sky scrapers on Batman’s (Batman Beyond) hovering vehicle. It was a bike attached to a series of larger ship-like fixtures capable of hovering. I mount the seat and attempt riding it like a hover board before mounting it properly and flying through the city (while lucid).

And then there was the massive near miss…[/color]

In a short LD I was a dragon (in a city), blew ice, and destroyed a building by eating it.

accidentally pressed “quote” instead of “edit”

Two short LDs from last night but no tasks. One was extremely short in that I became lucid and then almost straight away lost it.