Lucidity Challenge 50—obfusc8 wins!

[color=orange]Do we have to compete while swimming or just swim/mess around in the water for the beach task? I just hung out and swam around a bit at the pool in an ND. (here)

Claiming overlooked points:
8/3/15
-I looked at the a full moon while completing my first goal. No transformation or power drawn from it though. (Monster week full moon)

8/4/15
-Encountered Freddy and got his attention. I spoke to him at some point but he said nothing in return. (Day 2 fictional character)

-Read tasks off my list. I got the gist of certain pictures/symbols, and read the word inlines. (Day 1 Text)
(here)[/color]

Koharo, noted. You’ll need more than that, though, to breach the top three!

The scores are updated.

Well, while I’m on a roll…

Long LD with the final dragon team task - features DragonThorn (which possibly crosses off the week 1 anthropomorphic host task too?). It’s my longest ever, about 300 words more than my last longest-ever dream write-up.

I also did the skitch and turn-with-a-foot tasks from the Thorny Hawk Skater week. Also in the pre-DEILD part, big Sentinel robots (the marvel comics universe ones) were attacking a city and causing destruction whilst I was normal sized. Thorn mentioned they had to be in separate dreams, so I’m hoping separated by DEILD is good enough… :smile:

I remembered a post and posted in a topic on ld4all in a short lucid dream here.

I had a medium length lucid dream. Not much done. Some indoor flying and talking with my mom.

I had a medium LD , where I logged onto the internet, went on ld4all, into the lucid adventures/ LC 50 thread and remembered 2 posts.
The first post was me saying “I need to shrink” , which was probably my subconcious remembering the Ld4small tasks.
Thorn responded to my post saying “I’m sorry, I don’t speak french”
Dream logic is weird sometimes :lol:

obfusc8, cool to see you finish off the entirety of your team’s task. With regards to the robots, there’s two issues: the “separate dreams” clause, and the fact that robots and monsters might be different. If I had only one of those issues, I’d say it’s in the spirit of the task and award the points, but with both there, I don’t think I can count this. :sad: If those missing points cause you to fall back to second place, you can feel free to vent by beating me up in a dream just as in the task planning document. I still say sheer size will beat fire breath!

En’enra, noted. While that could also count for LC 1 Task 1’s “remember a sentence or more of text”, the LC 1 scoring system would make claiming that penalize you, so I won’t award that.

Letaali, noted. It’s good to see you scoring again.

Jer, that’s funny, because while I can’t speak French well, I know enough to get around. I would at least have made that exact post in French. :tongue: You can thank Eilatan for pointing out that you did LC Task 1 by doing Task 5. Due to the weird LC 1 penalty rules, you lose the early bonus for Task 5 and take a 10 point penalty for doing Task 1 late, but you also get 25 points for Task 1 to beat out the penalties. LC 1 scoring is weird.

The scores are updated, and here’s LC 1 Task 6.

This LC’s rapidly coming to a close! Get those points!

I had a nap this afternoon in order to gain more lucid points.
I shrunk down to 6 inches or less again, then I explored a model of a location specifically, a model city. It also had a model public pool with miniature lifeguards. it also had other mini buildings and houses but for some reason I remember the public pool the most vividly. After that, I left the model city and found a larger creature, a cat. I interacted with one before, so I already got points for that… but this time I climbed the creature onto its back.
Summary:
-Explore Model Location (20 points)
-Explore Model city (20 points)

• Climb the larger creature (20 points)
  • Medium Length.

Wow. In order to stay in second place, I have to really put a lot of effort into having as many Lucid’s as I possibly can… especially since the LC is ending soon! The competition is really tough!

^ You’re doing well, though! I’m very impressed!

The scores are updated.

While it’s on my mind, I usually try to talk with people as LCs close to find out what went well and what didn’t. Would anybody be available Saturday afternoon ET? I could use Skype, Mumble, TinyChat, Google Hangouts, or whatever else.

I would be up to have a chat Saturday afternoon about the LC, if you would like. I have to leave for work around 2:30 ET though.

One of the final sleeps of the LC! Goodnight. :lucid:

Finally some points!

In a short LD, I made a LD4All member grow into a big dragon. I saw the dragon so clearly that I could notice little hairS between the scales on his snout. He lifted me up, and we flew over the small town. The level of detail was impressive for a LD. I consider this completing my personaø goal. Unfortunately, the member Dragon isn’t in the LC.

In a ND, I read A topic on LD4All. A member called ‘dutchy’ had received PMs from somebody who claimrd to be Qu. I opened the topic on my own screen, and saw it on both dutchy’s and Qu’s screen in the chatroom. It looked like the usual computer lab.

Posting here, because I only have tje phone and a slow roaming connection.

Thorn, I think it’s you that needs to vent and kick my ass as a giant dragon, since this is obviously just you trying to get back at me for the hopping/dancing decision that would have caused a tiebreaker between you and drd at the end of the last challenge. Do what you gotta do, man. Joking :tongue:

I drove a car last night. There was a road sign that said ‘Obfuscation’, which you obviously won’t consider as a lucid dreaming sign, but it made me RC due to the personal association between lucid dreaming and my chosen username. The RC failed.

I drove a car last night. Unfortunately there were no road signs or anything like that… so I am only claiming the 10 points for driving and the 10 points for early bonus.

Sounds like you had a good night, Siiw! You can certainly post another personal goal for the final night of the LC. I didn’t mark the LD4all topic reading as also completing the task from the very first day of the LC; thanks to LC 1’s penalty system, you’d have the exact same score if I did.

obfusc8, if you complained at all (which I doubted you would), I was gonna reference that in jest. That said, if you think this challenge needs to happen, it’s not like it has to be forgotten when the LC ends; I’ll take you on anytime! Size will beat fire breath; you’re big but not big enough! >:0 Although I’ll probably do it more as play than a fight, and then we can get some giant beers or something.
/me shrugs.

Jer, got it. Make sure you get some points tonight to secure your position!

The scores are updated. Now to finish off LC 1! I am again tweaking this task, as we have people who simply aren’t around every day and this task penalized anybody who wasn’t right on top of it. The penalty for not posting a picture has been removed.

Okay, everybody, finish strong! The LCs end at 2 PM ET tomorrow! I’ll be in IRC around 1 PM or so, and if enough people want to talk about the LC, we can do it then. Otherwise, there’s always another time.

Last chance to go for my personal goal…

Well, might as well give it a shot:

[center]
Eleventh Doctor’s Console Room, Version II[/center]

This is it. The LC is ending. I gotta make this count!