Lucidity Challenge 50—obfusc8 wins!

I had a nap this afternoon in order to gain more lucid points.
I shrunk down to 6 inches or less again, then I explored a model of a location specifically, a model city. It also had a model public pool with miniature lifeguards. it also had other mini buildings and houses but for some reason I remember the public pool the most vividly. After that, I left the model city and found a larger creature, a cat. I interacted with one before, so I already got points for that… but this time I climbed the creature onto its back.
Summary:
-Explore Model Location (20 points)
-Explore Model city (20 points)

• Climb the larger creature (20 points)
  • Medium Length.

Wow. In order to stay in second place, I have to really put a lot of effort into having as many Lucid’s as I possibly can… especially since the LC is ending soon! The competition is really tough!

^ You’re doing well, though! I’m very impressed!

The scores are updated.

While it’s on my mind, I usually try to talk with people as LCs close to find out what went well and what didn’t. Would anybody be available Saturday afternoon ET? I could use Skype, Mumble, TinyChat, Google Hangouts, or whatever else.

I would be up to have a chat Saturday afternoon about the LC, if you would like. I have to leave for work around 2:30 ET though.

One of the final sleeps of the LC! Goodnight. :lucid:

Finally some points!

In a short LD, I made a LD4All member grow into a big dragon. I saw the dragon so clearly that I could notice little hairS between the scales on his snout. He lifted me up, and we flew over the small town. The level of detail was impressive for a LD. I consider this completing my personaø goal. Unfortunately, the member Dragon isn’t in the LC.

In a ND, I read A topic on LD4All. A member called ‘dutchy’ had received PMs from somebody who claimrd to be Qu. I opened the topic on my own screen, and saw it on both dutchy’s and Qu’s screen in the chatroom. It looked like the usual computer lab.

Posting here, because I only have tje phone and a slow roaming connection.

Thorn, I think it’s you that needs to vent and kick my ass as a giant dragon, since this is obviously just you trying to get back at me for the hopping/dancing decision that would have caused a tiebreaker between you and drd at the end of the last challenge. Do what you gotta do, man. Joking :tongue:

I drove a car last night. There was a road sign that said ‘Obfuscation’, which you obviously won’t consider as a lucid dreaming sign, but it made me RC due to the personal association between lucid dreaming and my chosen username. The RC failed.

I drove a car last night. Unfortunately there were no road signs or anything like that… so I am only claiming the 10 points for driving and the 10 points for early bonus.

Sounds like you had a good night, Siiw! You can certainly post another personal goal for the final night of the LC. I didn’t mark the LD4all topic reading as also completing the task from the very first day of the LC; thanks to LC 1’s penalty system, you’d have the exact same score if I did.

obfusc8, if you complained at all (which I doubted you would), I was gonna reference that in jest. That said, if you think this challenge needs to happen, it’s not like it has to be forgotten when the LC ends; I’ll take you on anytime! Size will beat fire breath; you’re big but not big enough! >:0 Although I’ll probably do it more as play than a fight, and then we can get some giant beers or something.
/me shrugs.

Jer, got it. Make sure you get some points tonight to secure your position!

The scores are updated. Now to finish off LC 1! I am again tweaking this task, as we have people who simply aren’t around every day and this task penalized anybody who wasn’t right on top of it. The penalty for not posting a picture has been removed.

Okay, everybody, finish strong! The LCs end at 2 PM ET tomorrow! I’ll be in IRC around 1 PM or so, and if enough people want to talk about the LC, we can do it then. Otherwise, there’s always another time.

Last chance to go for my personal goal…

Well, might as well give it a shot:

[center]
Eleventh Doctor’s Console Room, Version II[/center]

This is it. The LC is ending. I gotta make this count!

Maybe somewhere game-y?

I had a long lucid dream in which I entered the picture I posted, completed my personal goal (yessss) and I’m not sure if seeing and controlling an animated room could count as dreaming in an animated style? Anyways, it was a lot of fun. :content:

Finishing strong for a change… Medium LD Shrank and explored a fish tank. Transformed into an aquatic animal (goldfish). Raced on a toy race track using a car then a hoverbike.

[color=orange]Stood on air while lucid in a short LD (here)

SPOILER - Click to view

Heh one of those dreams where you tell a DC they’re in a lucid dream and explain what it is. Oh, did I mention we’re in a lucid dream…? :rc:

As for my dream locations are the top of the San Francisco/Radical Highway bridge and Gold Coast, Australia. Hopefully I can use a route throughSpeed Highway to get to the bridge. At this point I’ll need a fairly decent portion luck to pull this off while lucid.

[/color]

I had an ND where I visted the picture in my dreams. It was kind of a creepy abandoned road but at the same time It felt inspiring.

after that I WBTB and had the longest LD ever via WILD . I saw Thorn and Obfusc8, which helped me stay lucid. I did alot of things that weren’t for tasks, but I wont bring them up because the dream was insanely long… I also did many things that were tasks while they were on my mind. I saw a full moon, that was huge in the sky. On top of that, later in the dream I tried to become a dragon. It took a lot of work (and frustration) but eventually I was able to become a colossal dragon inside a city. I actually did inside a building which ended up destroying the building from the inside out. The first thing I did when I was a dragon was let out a massive roar. and caused some more destruction

Summary:

• post pic, dream in it (10 points)
  • Post only one pic (20 points)
  • Early bonus (10 points)
    *Different dream, wbtb
  • Longest lucid dream (outbeating my previous from the Ld4small week)
  • Witness full moon ( 20 points)
  • Become a dragon (50 points)
  • Do so in a city (40 points)
  • Roar (40 points)
  • Cause mass destruction (40 points)

En’enra, congrats on a strong final day! If Jer didn’t post today, you’d’ve taken second place from him since you beat his total from yesterday by 10 points. So close! That said, third place is nothing to be sad about and you had an extremely strong performance all LC long, so I hope you’re really proud of yourself and will stick with LDing and the LC in the future.

obfusc8, a strong finish indeed! You cleared 3000 points in the eleventh hour, which is an amazing feat! I’m still challenging you even if I’m impressed! Double-giant dragon will beat normal-giant, fire-breathing dragon! ROAR!

Koharo, nice job getting an LD at the end. :smile:

Jer, turning into a dragon and being larger than life is quite a nice way to end the LC! Congrats on getting your longest LD ever right at the end! You may not have first place, but you definitely know how to end on the right note!

It’s finally time to conclude the LC! We finish up our story and check out the final scores!

[spoiler]It was a truly amazing sight to behold. Dragons were taking turns one at a time brawling with the gigantic monster that threatened the city. Debris flew everywhere as the titans clashed. Eventually obfusc8, in a show of dream draconic might, managed to tackle the monster to the ground, at which point Thorn shouted, “Alright! That’s enough! I think this LC is over!” obfusc8 released the monster, which walked off into the distance seemingly unharmed…? Oh, right. You’d forgotten it was all just a dream. Was there ever any real danger? You weren’t quite sure.

“Help me pick up the other team,” Thorn said to the other dragons, at which point all of the participants were scooped up and held as Thorn continued to speak. “I think it’s time to announce the final results! The winner is… drum roll, please, even though you all know the results for sure… obfusc8! NO, DON’T CLAP! YOU’RE HOLDING PEOPLE!” Two of the dragons looked down at their hands to find very flat LC participants. It was quite a good thing it was a dream, or the LC would have lost some members.

“Er, anyway… congratulations on your win. You, of course, get to host the next LC, you city-protecting, beach-visiting, cartoon-living, hoverbiking, shrinking and growing werevampiredragon. As for me, well, I’m tired. I haven’t had a good lucid dream for myself since LC 49, and I want my dreams back. So for now, Elcedia is yours to control, and this…” Thorn dropped the most trollish of the LC participants into obfusc8’s scaly hand. “…is your problem.”[/spoiler]
Final Results

1. obfusc8 (3050)
  2. Jer (2465)
  3. En’enra (2165)
  4. Koharo (1230)
  5. Scipio Xaos (1050)
  6. Susan_Y (945)
  7. Siiw (875)
  8. Eilatan (760)
  9. Mew151, drd (470)
  10. James_UK2008 (430)
  11. Letaali (300)
  12. Lumessence (280)
  13. Coasty (160)
  14. Zaibatsu (70)
  15. Yanshuf (60)
    Here’s the final score breakdown. A big congratulations to obfusc8 for his win! He can choose to host LC 51 or pass it on to Jer. The last time obfusc8 had the opportunity to host two LCs in a set of three consecutive ones, he passed, so while I can’t guarantee what he’ll do, I encourage Jer to start thinking of some LC ideas just in case.

Of course, significant things happen in LCs to people other than the winners.* En’enra had a very consistent performance all LC long that I hope she’s very proud of.

• Jer had a very impressive rally in the second half of the LC, moving from 9th place at the start of Week 7 all the way to 2nd place by the end. He had incredibly long LDs on several occasions, finished the LC with a really elegant colossal dragon transformation, and even won LC 1! (There’s no LC 2 to host, though. :tongue:) It’s been absolutely amazing watching his progress and I hope he continues to be a strong lucid dreamer and is proud of himself.
  • Scipio Xaos earned the most character points. If anybody’s aiming to create a stable dream world, having a dream self for it that isn’t just the waking life self is a great first step.
  • Thorn is just awesome. What? Why are you looking at me like that?
  • Eilatan, who used to not be into lucid dreaming much and would often talk of preferring normal dreams, had three lucid dreams this week and showed off incredible incubation skills. I hope she continues to develop both.
    If you have any last-minute points to post, I’ll definitely add them in. I simply put up the results because the top three had their final night of dreaming already and their finishing positions are all but guaranteed.

Jer, Scipio, and I had a Skype talk about this LC, which you can listen to here. Even if you didn’t get a chance to attend the Skype chat, please tell me everything on your mind about this LC. Whether it’s what you liked about the new LC mechanics or what you disliked, your love for certain week themes and tasks or your hatred of them, your feelings on the four- or five-week LCs compared to the older style of seven weeks, or anything else, all of this information will help the next host. It’s impossible for you to say too much, so say everything!

I want to thank all of you for your participation, and may whichever dragon hosts the next LC create the same competitive yet friendly atmosphere as this one had. With that said, this LD4all dragon wants his LDs back, so I’ll join you guys on the participant side next time!

Congratulations, obfusc8 ! :cheer:

Thank you for the kind words, Thorn. :smile: Of course, I’m not sad about ending up in the third place at all. I consider this LC my greatest achievement so far, and the highlight of the year I spent here. There were so many precious and unforgettable dreams. I learned a lot about myself and lucid dreaming in general, even with all the frustration sometimes. Thank you for hosting it and thanks to the other participants, reading about their dreams was an absolute pleasure.

The tasks I enjoyed the most, hmmm… This will probably sound stupid, but I was so happy about getting to drive that bus in the first week. :grin: The stories I was retelling to my friends the most were about playing beach volleyball with zombies and eating in a castle restaurant. Of course, I enjoyed the Vampire/Dragon tasks immensely.

As I said in chat, there were two breakthroughs for me - transformation and teleportation. I need more practice with the first, but having an effective means of teleportation will make things a lot easier for me in the future. I’m really glad that the LC was set up to practice the things I wasn’t good at.

Best of luck to the host of the next challenge. I’ll have to skip it because I’ll need to focus on other things in the following months, but I hope I’ll do even better when I return to the LC. :cool: