the BIG spirit guide topic part IV

Wow, four years is a long time. At least you finally got to remember her name, though. Recurring DC are interesting, and she could well be your guide, or if she isn’t, there is nothing saying that she won’t become your guide. My DG started off as a CALD character, and not even one that hung around a lot in her early years.

It’s a really long time, but she has an unusual name that I’d never heard before (Miana, pronounced Me-yannah).

In my 2007 dream journal I’d written down the names I thought it may have been, and they were pretty close.

“I believe it was Mara, Marie, Mariana, Maya… something like those names.”

I’ve always wanted to meet my SG or DG…however whenever I set it as my lucid goal I end up no longer getting Lucid Dreams. Once I set my goal to something else, I start getting them again. Do you think my SG doesn’t want me to meet them? Why do I stop getting lucid dreams when my goal is to meet them.

It could be that the first time you set it as your goal you had a lucid dry spell for unrelated reasons and now you are just defeating yourself because of the association between your SG and lack of lucids. I would say, to help you meet them, try meditating and call out to them in a meditation. That is how I met my SG and how I always contacted her. It’s worth a try to get yourself off the ground, so to speak.

I’ve never met my SG. It’s one of my LD goals, but I’ve hit a bit of a dry spell. Luckily though, I can tell it’s clearing up, so I’ll try to find my SG during my next LD. :smile:

I thought I had found my dream guide over a year ago, but now I’m not so sure…

You see, the first time I met my SG (who takes the form of an orca), I was swimming in a dirty ocean when she suddenly appeared by my side. I became lucid upon laying my eyes on her, and I immediately remembered about SGs, so I asked her excitedly if she was my SG, but she wouldn’t talk. So I started to continuously suggest names that may be hers, and for some reason they all started with an “M”. To all the names I suggested, she would just wave her head to and fro. I wasn’t paying much attention then, but when I woke up I realized that she had been telling me her name all along through my mind: “Moka”.

Since then, I have had a few more dreams with her in them (although not so vividly), most of them being quite sad, actually. Like in one dream, I remember one of my teachers handing me a plastic bowl full of orca figures, but whenever I tried to take one, it would always crumble in my hands.

And my latest dreams of her haven’t been all too happy either. Like in the last dream, I remember being in the middle of a raging storm on a pretty big boat and that she was even bigger then the boat and was actually trying to eat the crew, including me. The crew was trying to kill her in self defense, but I suspected it was Moka and didn’t want to kill her. Of course, I had eaten chocolate before bed that night and I always tend to have nightmares whenever I do so. But still, even if it was just a meaningless nightmare, why would my subconscious use the image of my SG as the villain? I don’t get it :sad:

So now those dreams have lead me to question who Moka really is and who is my real SG…

Nightmares are always worse with your guides, aren’t they? One of the worst nightmares I had was where I spent an entire dream trying to protect my guide’s grandmother from this shadowy guy, and at the end of the dream he ended up taking her daughter and getting her to go.

Anyway, I wouldn’t be too quick to jump to conclusions just yet. I know my guide will often prod or tease me quite a bit, and it’s only afterwards, when I come to some epiphany, that I realize her teasing was what brought about the epiphany. Whatever Moka may be up to, I’d keep an open mind until you learn more. As always, I would also recommend that if this is bothering you, you should try to meditate and call out to her from within a meditation (perhaps conjure up a scene in which you are swimming). Chances are, whether or not she is your guide, she will hear you and possibly come check out what you need her for.

Hey! Get this! Right after I read your post last night, I randomly decided to meditate for the heck of it since I hadn’t done so in a while and I figured that I would need it.

When I started the meditation, the image of a white glowing flower immediately appeared in my mind, then a bee came along. I knew who this bee was, because I had already spoken to her during my last meditation session when I was going to bed. Although, I still have no idea what her name is and if she is possibly another SG or something else. Anyways, I tried to talk to her, but I wasn’t relaxed enough and wasn’t able to even finish a sentence. Soon after I lost visual completely and got this weird feeling of being super small, and for some reason that was preventing me from visualizing anything else, so I opened my eyes and started over.

My second attempt was much more successful. I decided that this time, before any other image appeared, I would do as you suggested and imagined myself swimming around in an endless pool of water. Almost immediately bubbles started to float up from the depths of the ocean (keep in mind that I wasn’t imagining any of this, it just happened on its own). Then, just as suddenly as the bubbles had appeared, so did Moka! She rocketed her way up towards the surface, pushing me up as well with the tip of her rostrum (nose). I was a little scared by the sudden actions, but I was put at ease when we reached the surface and were greeted with a bright sky mildly filled with white fluffy clouds. From then on we slowly swam around and chatted about many things. Even after the meditation I could still feel her and continued to talk to her about what was on my mind at the moment.

It felt really nice to have finally been able to talk to her again! :happy: Thank you very much wolvendeer for the encouragement and the tips, I really appreciate them! :hugs:

:touched: That’s awesome. I’m happy I was able to help you out. Did you have a chance to ask Moka about the dreams you were talking about earlier?

Well I asked her if it was really her in the nightmare I had where an orca attacked our ship and she told me that it wasn’t her at all. But that’s really all I was able to find out :\

This thread hasn’t been post in for a while, so I thought I’d share a recent experience I had :smile:

First some background:
Around 6 years ago (maybe 7 by now) I moved from the city I lived most of my life in. I was very conflicted about moving, and really wasn’t looking forward to it. About 1-2 weeks before the move was to take place, I experienced my first dream with a DC that has continued to show up in my dreams since that time. She would fit the role of Carl Jung’s anima concept, or a spirit guide (depending on which you believe in). I do know her name, but I’ll just call her M here.

Fast forwarding to my recent experience…
Yesterday I was attempting some relaxation exercises. Breathing techniques, visualization, meditation, etc. I rarely do meditation, but the first time I had tried it I had a really cool experience that was like being transported to another place. Earlier yesterday I had read about using meditation to meet up with your SG, so I wanted to see if I could reach M by using that location I’d been to in my first meditation session.

While I was able to get back there for very brief bursts (like half a second), I kept bouncing out and showing up in other places. I continued trying to get back there, and I continued bouncing out. Every time I would get there I would feel this burst of what felt like power or electricity course down the back of my head and spine and in my stomach. It would fade away as soon as I bounced out.

The next time I tried it though, something different happened. As soon as I appeared in the location, M was there. She grabbed my forearm as if catching me, and I could see her clear as day. It was the first time I’d been able to reach her outside of a dream.

While holding onto my arm she told me to go back to a previous project I had been working on but had dropped (I had started a different project). She wanted me to go back to it again because it would be successful and important (she didn’t elaborate). After she said her piece, she let go of my arm. I looked at my arm then back at her, but she was gone - replaced by someone I had seen recently. I then immediately bounced out of that area and couldn’t get back to it for the remainder of the meditation session.

So does she normally just show up on her own or do you like summon her?

She normally just shows up. I’ve not had any lucid dreams that I could try summoning her in, unfortunately. That meditation session was the first time I ever tried to reach her that way. Since posting I’ve tried it again (in a different location), and again had success :smile: So I think I’ll try doing that a bit more.

She always looks the same, and always fills a similar role in the dream, which I can only describe as ‘best friend’. Every time I see her (or even just think about her) I’m hit by an overwhelming feeling of love, and feel totally comfortable and at peace. There has never been any kind of “romantic” aspect to that love, it’s completely pure.

I wanted to ask something. Since I am skeptical about the subject, how can I try to find my supposed SG (or DG for that matter) while being relatively sure I’m not imagining things by the mere act of wanting to come up with someone?

Do you know what I mean? How can I go look for the SG without forcing my mind to say, come up with what I may expect to see like a wise old man for example?

Mm. Thanks for posting this. I too have had a few spontaneous contacts with my ‘anima’ and really wanted to have more contact with her, but couldn’t think of a way how to.

I’m going to try this during my next meditation time.

Good luck with your project, Troober.

Well I subscribe to the anima view, so I actually do think my mind came up with her - just not my conscious mind :wink: Though maintaining the belief that she is merely a construct of my mind isn’t easy.

Why I don’t believe I’m (consciously) imagining her is because I have no control over her. I’ve managed to get in contact with her a few times now, but it doesn’t work every time, and when I do get in contact with her I’m not controlling the experience.

She does things or says things that completely take me by surprise, and are so completely different from anything I would have ever thought of myself. When she grabbed my arm I wasn’t expecting it at all. I was trying to get to the place from my earlier meditation session, not have her materialize and help me get there.

The second time I mentioned succeeding with, I tried a different location. This was somewhere totally new that I hadn’t been to before. In that place she came from behind me and again put her hands on me, though it didn’t stabilize the location this time (it was already stable). She was wearing a different set of clothing from anything I’d seen her in previously (including dreams). Again when the physical touch ended, she disappeared.

It’s quite difficult to explain how I know I’m not consciously imagining her. It’s like attempting to explain intense emotions that words don’t feel enough to express. It’s actually pretty frustrating. I really struggle to remain a skeptic of certain views given my experiences with her.

I have sort of dream guide that rarely shows up, but it does show up and i know well what he is, how he dresses and the personality.

However sometimes i dream myself to be exactly that person instead of him being a different individual separate from me.

Any explanation aside from the most easiest to jump to: it’s your imagination and it’s running wild (i don’t necessarily disagree, but would like to see opinions that take dream guides seriously)

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have experienced calling on your pirit guides. Do you believe in them? and if so, have you called for them while inside a lucid dream?

I’m not sure if I believe in them, but once, I tried calling out for my spirit animal and this little guy appeared, bringing a lotus flower made of rice to me. It was a nice experience.

There haven’t been any posts here in a while, so I’ll post my experiences. After reading all of your stories I’ve tried to contact my SG a couple of times. Two nights ago I’ve shouted out my intention to the dream itself “I want to meet and talk to my guide!”. Instead of him/her appearing I seemed to be transferred somewhere. The dream disappeared, and I was just in a void, but it seemed to be changing rather than being stable. After a while I woke up without seeing any more results.

Tonight I tried again, with a different approach. I said “I’m going to turn around and when I do there will be my spirit guide behind me”. So I’ve started turning around, but I couldn’t! It seemed as the world was spinning with me, so I couldn’t tell when exactly I have turned around. Then I decided to try the door method, but there were no doors around me. As a matter a fact, I was in a sort of desert, which is strange, as I have never dreamt of deserts before that I can remember. I’ve launched into the air and started flying at great speed trying to find buildings or doors. There were temples appearing in the horizon, but I would fly past them before I could stop. I really couldn’t stop - maybe I didn’t really want to (my energy was overflowing, I was almost itching to use it in vast amounts), or maybe it [/code]was something else. So I decided to use it - and I flew into the space. When I left the atmosphere I looked at Earth, and it was covered with strange symbols that I did not recognise, or don’t remember. It seems similar to what LaBerge has experienced one, only he saw religious symbols.

Now, I don’t know why I couldn’t find my guide, but there may be a few reasons. One, they didn’t want to be found. Two, I expected that I would fail deep inside - as it seems more “serious” than random fooling around. Three, I used wrong expressions for my intentions. What do you think?

Also, I want to thank Troober for sharing the story about dream girl, or anima. I’ve had similar dreams about one particular girl since I was a kid, and didn’t know what to make of them. That sort of love that I feel from her is beyond words. Sadly, I haven’t dreamt her in a while, though I did see her in hypnogogic imagery before sleep recently. I wonder if she might be my guide? I might try to summon her and ask in the next dream.