Lucidity Challenge 51 - Winner: Thorn!

1. Yanshuf - Team future - Summoning the dream guide

Changed my mind. I’m mroe interested in future

I don’t have character yet. sry…

Thorn : Glad to see you back in action! You’re goal shouldn’t interfere with tasks. Also, I understand the subjectivity of height in dreams, so I won’t be too picky. As long as the changes aren’t too drastic and your other characteristics still apply.

Elitan: Two Lucidity Challenges? Back to back? aww yes, you can never have enough LC’s :content: ! Looking forward to reading your DJ’s

Yanshuf: Welcome to LC 51 ! It’s okay if you don’t have a character right away. As long as you have one designed before the start of Week 1 :spinning:

wow! 3 members of team future! Hopefully the teams balance themselves up when more people sign up.

Ha! :tongue:

1. Obfusc8 - Team Future - Talk to my clone.

Name: Obfuscate
Species: Anthropomorphic Martian biker-mouse
Appearance: Tan coloured fur, mouse ears, tail, armored blue jeans, bike boots and black leather jacket.
Height: 6ft.
Mindset: I enjoy messing about on motorized vehicles, flying and transforming. I’ve been known to take many forms, including but not exclusively: Winged human, treant, insect, polar bear, incredible hulk, werewolf, colossal (fire-breathing :razz:) black dragon.

and my ride:
Name: Midnight
Species: ???
Appearance: Most commonly a black sports bike but varies as much as it’s owner. Occasionally takes the form of a black horse, giant dragon or a wide array of other motorcycles.
Height: Varies.
Mindset: Capable of independent movement and highly intelligent, Midnight is a reliable companion helping me to explore the dreamscape in style. :cool:

[center][/center]

I wish there was some kind of ‘difficulty’ mode for the veterans… The LC helps my motivation so much I need to take part but don’t want to de-motivate others when I’m capable of many lucid dreams per week while others are new and might only get lucid a couple of times a month.

Anyway, I’m deliberately nerfing myself, on top of potentially being out of the country on holiday for a while, I’ll only claim tasks done while lucid and only claim lucid dream points in which I complete a task.

LC 51 Signups! [Name — Team — Personal Goal]1. Thorn — Team Future — Cast a spell

1. Eilatan — Team Future — Looking for a good man.
  2. Yanshuf — Team Future — Summoning the dream guide.
  3. Obfusc8 — Team Future — Talk to my clone.
  4. James_UK2008 — Team Future — Change dream scene.

Name: Firebrand (AKA, Red Arremer)
Species: Gargoyle Demon
Appearance: Humanoid with dragon like wing, red skin and a generally atheletic build.
Height: Around 6ft 5inches

obfusc8, you… actually made that reference. I don’t have a reaction to it or anything; it was just expected a long time ago and never came, and now here it is. That said, what you mentioned is the difficulty mode for people who go above and beyond. Wyvern does it from time to time. My last checks with people about an actual difficulty mode basically came down to being told “don’t be discriminatory, Thorn!” :tongue:

James, when I play Pathfinder, I actually call my dragon character “Teehorn” (read: T. Horn) to tease the DM who said using “Thorn” was the same as using my real name. I am not original either!

Oh, my form and features still apply, heh. What’s a dragon without occasional bigness, though? The changes do tend to get drastic. :content: I had a character height requirement last LC not because I actually thought it’d interfere with tasks but because I didn’t want people to earn Week 5 and Week 7 points just for being in character; I just had to lie a bit in the opening post to not give away upcoming tasks. :smile: obfusc8 also listed “colossal (fire-breathing :razz:) black dragon”, so I guess it’s not just me that tends to dominate the dreamscape!
[size=75]I see what you did there, obfusc8! It’s still on! Double giant > giant fire-breathing! This “feud” that’ll probably just end in us getting giant beers isn’t over yet![/size]

1. nomat - Team Future - Fly high and orbit the earth :wink:

(I don’t feel ready for character creation yet.)

So I’ve got to make a character before week 1 or I wont be able to do week1??

LC 51 Signups! [Name — Team — Personal Goal]1. Thorn — Team Future — Cast a spell

5. nomat - Team Future - Fly high and orbit the earth :wink:
  6. eMander —Team Future — Travel to this city.

My character:

SPOILER - Click to view

(Image credit goes to Wyvern)

Coloration is the same as my avatar. Height is about 5 ft, 2 inches. Species is salamander. Gender is male.

[title]LC 51 Signups! [Name — Team — Personal Goal][/title]1. Thorn — Team Future — Cast a spell

5. nomat — Team Future — Fly high and orbit the earth :wink:
  6. eMander — Team Future — Travel to this city.
  7. Scipio Xaos — Team Future — Have a flight with Cardia.
    I would have gone Team Past to balance things up… but I don’t really care for the stuff given in the team description… besides… I want to do team future, but…

[center][/center]
ALTERNATE REALITY FUTURE!! :tongue:

So… yea… you can see more of the images from that sketch here.

Glad to see so many enthusiastic lucid dreamers joining! Welcome to Obfusc8, James, nomat , eMander and Scipio ! :spinning:

let’s say this - If you don’t have a character designed before week 1, you will not be able to score any character points… however you may score the regular task points.

Ah well , it wouldnt really matter but whatever
I give it a shot , however I won’t be super creative
I wanted to have it some kind of sage-ous , inspired from the First civilization from Assassin’s Creed.( assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/First_Civilization )

Name: Yanshuf Trimegistos
Species: Ísu (Homo Sapiens Divinius)
Appearance: Like on the picture but with lighter\brighter hair. Black cloak, Sage like looks , but not too much heavy clothes.
Height: 185
Picture:
Mindset: Logical, also tends to be philosophic and spiritual , but straightforward if the situation requires it. Behavior Similar to aloof, hard to lose temper.

Abilities: Main Expertise is telekinesis, but also can heal. Can jump great distances. And can fly for a short time.
A cool guy overall

@Scipio: The drawing looks like a person - are the cat ears hidden under the hat and the tail behind the body?

Susan_Y: Yea… I intended the ears to be hidden under the hat… but I completely forgot about the tail. :shy: We’ll just say it’s hidden, too. :tongue:

We can’t start until we get 10 sign-ups. We’ve stalled at 8. Please send help.

No, seriously, get in here. I’ve been basically lucid-less for two months now because I hosted the last LC and fell victim to the host’s curse of not being able to have an LD during that time. I also have this problem of not being able to motivate myself with personal goals and needing arbitrary tasks assigned by an LC TM to get me in the right mood to have LDs. I would love it if two people came in so that we could get this thing started and I could have LDs again. I would love you both forever and ever, possibly even showing up at your front doors with flowers.

[title]LC 51 Signups! [Name — Team — Personal Goal][/title]1. Thorn — Team Future — Cast a spell

8. Mew151 — Team Future — Play DDR Dream Mix

I was going to join Team Past to be different but I’m hoping that the next person to join also joins Team Future as well because that’d be interesting. :grin:

I shall keep my LC50 character because I have nothing else:

Gah! Thorn you’re supposed to be encouraging people to sign up, not scaring them off! :lol:

I said I wouldn’t participate, but I had a beautiful conversation about robots and space, and I see that everyone here is Team Future, so I’m dying to see how this LC will turn out. :content: Though I can’t promise to stay till the end.

9. En’enra — Team Future — Fight with a lightsaber

As for the character:

Inspired by this image: LINK

Name: NacK-47
Species: Cyborg
Appearance: Full metallic gray armor, transparent helmet visor
Height: 170cm
Mindset: Blank. Memory wiped. :razz:

Well, seeing as how you have already 10 people, I guess it’s safe for myself to sign up now. Since i seem to have a terrible pattern of mysteriously dropping out during the LC before it comes to a conclusion… Though the only downfall is my rebel behavior in this LC might be missed if I do so. (poor TM)

9. En’enra — Team Future — Fight with a lightsaber
  10. Lumessence — Team Past — Open a portal to D-912 (that place you all call “real life”)

At first i was going to copy paste my character from the old LC, but then seeing thorn mention pathfinder, I decided I would use my pathfinder character as well…

Name: Esthera
Race: Aasimar
Height: 5’3.

She has long green and blonde hair, and… oh heck. i have a picture i drew…

She’s an “oracle”, but she doesn’t actually recognize much about herself. She loves to explore and see new things, and has a “wildfire” free spirit. She has a very charismatic demeaner, or so the surface appears so, but she is very confident and chaotic in her persuits.

I am very glad to see we have over 10 signups , which means that we will be starting week one soon! I am looking forward to reading your Dream Journals and seeing how you incorporate your characters into your dreams!
However, at the moment it seems that almost everyone has joined team future and only one person has joined team past. I am not quite sure how I am going to work around this yet… but I will come up with something! Keep your eyes open over the next day or two!

Thorn: Don’t worry, we will be getting you those lucids back soon! No need for the flowers! :flower:

edit: due to real life circumstances, week one of the LC is going to be posted a little later. Look for it around Sunday afternoon, sorry guys.

Non-lucid dream, in which Mew rides a hoverboard and skitches a car.

This is a late task completion from LC 50, obviously. No points scored as LC50 is over, and the task probably required the dreamer to ride the hoverboard, not just see another LC participant do it. Still, if you were wondering how the hoverboard task was going to turn out, there it is. The car is used to launch it like a glider, apparently.