Interview!
print ShareShare 

Lucidity Challenge 51 - Winner: Thorn!

Page 4 of 11Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Author  Message 
Eilatan
The Lookout Rogue.
Head Scribe
Eilatan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
Wolfgame
LD count: 十

PostPosted: Mon 31 Aug, 2015  Reply with quote

*Eilatan has recall

Also typing from a phone so excuse the lame formatting.

I had a dream which involved Springfield and the characters of the Simpsons. It also involved Evie and Rick from the Mummy, and I was also Brendan Fraser playing the role of Rick's friend. O.o

Something Evie, Rick and myself had done triggered a portal to appear in Springfield. From the portal came two creatures that looked a bit like Roz from Monsters Inc. (Does this count for mythical creatures, since they were aliens?)

The dream then showed me a vision of the future, where futuristic Homer, Bart and Milhouse were just head+torso attached to little flying carts. I asked Homer what happened and he said the portal had been there for a century and had changed the place into what I saw now.

So I'd like to claim points for the following three and a half, if possible: Thanks!

Jer wrote:
See a fictional character - Any fictional character will do! Choose one from your favourite anime, TV show, whatever! (30 points)

See a mythical creature - this one is for you dragon lovers out there... you know who you are. (30 points)

See a futuristic human Any dream character that claims to be from the future will count for this task. (40 points)
-Ask him a question, get a response. I mean, he is from the future. He probably has a lot of insight. (20 points)

Current LD goal(s): Meet my dream guide

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com

Last edited by Eilatan on Mon 31 Aug, 2015; edited 3 times in total
obfusc8
obfuscate! :P
cookie lover
obfusc8 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

How about animated dinosaur skeletons... they're like extra-extinct, right? ^^ I fought one in a lucid dream last night. I'll understand if you want flesh and blood versions for the 'See an extinct creature' task though. Also, met Tony Stark aka Iron Man for the Fictional Character task. siiw

Long LD with skeleton-dinosaurs and Tony Stark

Thorn
Another LD4all Dragon
cookie lover
Thorn has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 395

In this morning's ND, I saw both futuristic people (Star Wars-esque) and extinct animals (dinosaurs) while I was in the same plot.

Current LD goal(s): Get back into good LDing habits
Cornelia Xaos
cookie lover
cookie lover
Cornelia Xaos has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 314—17/06/2
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's got a blue background with stars, and it's a forum...

PostPosted: Tue 01 Sep, 2015  Reply with quote

And now I have tasks, but no LDs! tounge2

Bones ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Looked into a mirror and saw myself.

Stats so far:
Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Current LD goal(s): To Actually LD Regularly Again... Jeez...
Thorn
Another LD4all Dragon
cookie lover
Thorn has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 395

This morning's dreams include a long LD with no tasks in it and a medium-length LD in which I ask a DC to show me something and it does so.

Current LD goal(s): Get back into good LDing habits
Jer
Dream Analyzer
Somniologist
Jer has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: A lot

Week 2 - Sound and Touch

**EDIT: What's week 2 without a story?

Glad to see the participation during the first week! I had a lot of fun reading all of your dream journals. I'm learning more about you all, along the way as well!

This week, the tasks will be related to two more senses- Hearing and feeling.
"but wait Jer! Two senses in one week? I thought this LC was going to be 1 sense a week, for five weeks!" Now now young grasshopper. We wouldn't want to be too predictable, now would we? wink

Hear a different language - Any language that you do not speak will count. It does not have to be a real spoken language, but you must be able to identify it (eg. Chinese, German , Klingon, etc.) (20 points)

Play an instrument, hear the music - classic task. Dream music is always better.(25 points)
-conduct an orchestra (20 points)

Hear an inanimate object talk - Hear an object that doesn't normal talk, speak. Anything is possible in the dream world! Obviously, animals do not count. (30 points)
-Report back with an exact quote (20 points)

Hear a famous deceased persons last words Hear the last, dying words of a someone who is iconic/ well known. An exact quote must be presented in order to claim points. (40 points)

Touch your shadow - This is a simple task, but for some reason it stuck out in my mind. In order to claim points you must turn your shadow into a figure that is no longer bound to you, (as in,turn it into it's own entity) and touch it. Peter pan style! The more details the better. ( 15 points)

Touch something unbearably hot. Touch anything that's hot,hot hot! Want to touch fire? How about the sun? or maybe just a hot burner? Go for it! Remember, the pain isn't real in dreams. Mind over matter. ( 30 points)

Touch a solid, feel liquid Find anything that is solid, touch and and feel a liquid like material. This may be hard at first. Try to describe this experience the best you can! (30 points)

Touch something and have it turn to gold - If you can pull this one off, you will be rich in your dreams forever! Too bad there isn't an official dream economy. That gold might not be worth much in your dreams, but in real life it'll be worth forty points! (40 points)

Just a quick notice before I end this post: I got an interesting idea that will add some dynamic to the game. It will be coming out tomorrow, so be sure to keep your eyes peeled.
Alright guys! Good luck and may the odds be ever in your dreams!

Current LD goal(s): Fly to outer space.

Last edited by Jer on Thu 03 Sep, 2015; edited 1 time in total
Cornelia Xaos
cookie lover
cookie lover
Cornelia Xaos has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 314—17/06/2
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's got a blue background with stars, and it's a forum...

PostPosted: Wed 02 Sep, 2015  Reply with quote

More tasks!

Suddenly Lightning (OR) An Odd Game ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Saw a fictional character.

Stats so far:

Current LD goal(s): To Actually LD Regularly Again... Jeez...
tachyon
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Short LD, no tasks.

Current LD goal(s): More space exploration!
En'enra

I had a medium LD + short LD, no tasks done.

obfusc8
obfuscate! :P
cookie lover
obfusc8 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Thu 03 Sep, 2015  Reply with quote

Became lucid multiple times last night... but only 1 short that counts points wise. I did the week 2 shadow task.

Short LD + Touch Your Shadow

Jer
Dream Analyzer
Somniologist
Jer has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: A lot

PostPosted: Fri 04 Sep, 2015  Reply with quote

Secret Achievements

Im adding a new feature into the game to add a little more tension between the players - Secret Achievements. Let me explain how these will work.

Click here for a list of all secret achievements

If you click the link above, you will find a list of all of the achievements you can do. If you so choose, you can select one or more of these achievements to complete. You have 48 hours after an achievement is posted to decide whether or not you are going to attempt it. Just send me a private message telling me which one you are going to attempt, and upon completion, you will receive bonus points at the end of the LC. Seems simple enough, right?

Only there is a catch - You have to complete it in secrecy. Other participants cannot know which achievements you are attempting to complete. The only person who has to know is me, the TM . If by chance, another participants has a hunch that you are going for a certain achievement, they can call you out on it, and receive points/ lose points depending on if they were right or wrong.

Calling people out - Example

Lets say Participant A selects the complete all the week 1 tasks achievement. The only people that know he has selected this is Me, and Participant A himself but perhaps Participant B looks at the scoreboard and has a hunch that "A" has selected that secret achievement Participant B can send me a private message saying that he would like to Call out Participant A on the complete all the week 1 tasks achievement.

If Participant B is right - At the end of the LC , Participant A will not receive his bonus, and Participant B gets a +20 bonus

If Participant B is wrong - At the end of the LC , Participant B will lose -20 points, and Participant A will receive a small +5 bonus for being wrongly accused.

If Participant A never gets called out - At the end of the LC, He gets his bonus.

I would just like to reiterate, that this WHOLE PROCESS happens between closed doors. It has to be in secret- strictly through private messages. There should be no one posting in the forums about secret achievements (unless there is a question that needs to be addressed). This means that you don't know who is attempting Secret Achievements. And if you're attempting a Secret Achievement, you don't know if anyone has "called you out" or not. So therefore, the tables may turn at the end of the LC when the Secret Achievement scores are announced.

Hopefully this wasn't too confusing! I just wanted to try something new in order to replace what would have been "Teams". I hope you enjoy this mini LC game.

Good luck to all! Sweet dreams. - Jer

Current LD goal(s): Fly to outer space.

Last edited by Jer on Sun 06 Sep, 2015; edited 1 time in total
tachyon
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate

Short LD with a finally decent flight during nap smile no tasks

Current LD goal(s): More space exploration!
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 5

Side note: when I read jer's writings ,in my head , its always with William Mile's voice from assassins creed .

I'M all up to this challenge
Was missed the previous one because I needed to switch schools and stuff, really hard days those were, I thought Id die.
I think I can score at that one , I'M a guitar and violin maniac in dreams, awesome stuff, I would like to also conduct zbigniew preisners lacrimosa.
SO here I go...

Current LD goal(s): 0000
En'enra

PostPosted: Sat 05 Sep, 2015  Reply with quote

Long LD, no tasks. I'm late with the entry so the description is short, but it felt like it lasted at least an hour.

james_uk2008
Resident Shapeshifter
LD4all addict
james_uk2008 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 349

PostPosted: Sat 05 Sep, 2015  Reply with quote

Had an LD here this morning which at around 3-5 minutes long makes it a medium one for me. I'd like to claim Week 1 points for examining an object in great detail as I was looking at a plane and could see the individual details on it quite nicely.

Page 4 of 11Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

print   ShareShare