Lucidity Challenge 51 - Winner: Thorn!

Had an LD here this morning which at around 3-4 minutes long makes it a medium one for me.

Week 4 - Superhuman Senses

EDIT:
Story Coming soon

Current Scores.

Hello everyone! I am sure you have been all waiting for this week. Week 3 has been going on for quite some time… cough Yeahthatscompletelymyfault cough . Let’s jump right into the new tasks that are available for you guys this week!!

Experience Synesthesia Experience a mixture of senses within your dreams! Not necessarily “super human” as some humans are capable of this; however, it is above average! Try to Hear colours or feel sounds!I am looking forward to the DJ’s. (20 points)

Supervision - Experience vision beyond the average human being’s capabilities. Being able to see extreme distances would count as this (as would the examples/ subtasks below) (10 points)
-X ray (20 points)
- Heat/Freeze Vision (20 points)

Telekinesis - Use your super senses to move objects using nothing but your mind (20 points)

Echolocation - locate your surroundings using echolocation. ( 30 points)

proprioception - Feel a sense of positioning of a certain part of your body. Only twist is, is that this body party has to be something normal humans don’t have. (30 points)

Invulnerability - Lose your ability to feel pain. Take on your true potential and realize that pain is just an illusion when you are in dream land. (40 points)

Element manipulation Manipulate the classic elements of earth,air,fire or water in your dreams. You could even become the avatar. ( 40 points)

Premonitions - Sense the “future” of the dream that you are currently in. This will only count for points if that “future” of the dream comes true. (40 points)

Alright Everyone. Good luck, Dream hard! :spinning:

Had an LD here this morning which at around 1-2 minutes long makes it a short one for me.

Again, no tasks and an LD. I tried for tasks, though… Just couldn’t quite remember. :razz:

Fuzzy Lucid ~ Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NDs: 5
Lucid Moments: 1
Short LDs: 6
Medium LDs: 2
Long LDs: 1

Task 1:-E Great Detail | Irregular Color, Extinct Animal | Looked into a mirror and saw myself. | Saw a fictional character. | See a futuristic human. - See a mythical creature.
Task 2: ~ none ~
Task 3:-E Licked a DC
Task 4: ~ none ~
[/spoiler]

Flying short DSILD last night. Dreams can generate some damn beautiful landscapes. Too bad I couldn’t get rid of the fog! Then an alarm woke me up in order to go view the blood moon. Funnily enough, the non-lucid part of my dream was exactly about planning to watch this lunar eclipse. :happy:

Maybe I’ll need to pay more attention to the tasks, because I keep forgetting them as well… :razz: The new tasks look cool though!

Medium LD with the ‘taste something good’ task, finally… :smile:

So I had my longest lucid dream ever last night! The stability was amazing. It started off as a DILD, and luckily, lucidity remained through a handful of scènes / stories, before waking up. (estimated length ~8 min)

Only in the end did I come up with LC tasks; I recalled telekinesis and invulnerability. For telekinesis, I figured that I use it virtually every time to start a flight (as I did multiple times in this LD), since it’s the way that works best for me (by lifting myself up in the air). But this is not really what telekinesis means, so feel free to discard it. Invulnerability proof is in the spoiler (slight warning for sensitive readers):

SPOILER - Click to view

I then took a big knife, tried hard to cut and chop off my finger but couldn’t. In any case, I never felt any pain and everything remained 100% intact. (Pain is rare in my dreams anyway)

For some reason I thought that eating vegetarian food was among the tasks, so I did that too. :happy:

This experience was so awesome though, I feel like a goal has been achieved (especially regarding length)!

While I can’t match nomat’s lucid (sounds awesome, though! :happy: ) I did have a dream where I asked a Futuristic Human a question.

Evil Tree Man ~ Non-Lucid Dream ~ Futuristic Human Q&A

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NDs: 6
Short LDs: 6

Task 1:-E Great Detail | Irregular Color, Extinct Animal | Looked into a mirror and saw myself. | Saw a fictional character. | See a futuristic human. - See a mythical creature. | Futuristic Human Q&A
Task 4: ~ none ~
[/spoiler]

OOOH yes!! This week is my week! Telekinesis is already going so I just got to get lucid
Ohh and superivision I’m all up for that .
grats to anyone who already succeeded in this week

In this morning’s dream, I completed the proprioception task by feeling wings. It’s not how I wanted to complete this task, since I feel wings all the time and wanted to focus on a tail instead, but points are points.

Short ld, no tasks

In the second of these dreams, I play an instrument (or as the scoresheet says, an ‘intstrument’) and eat a food that tastes like a different food.

Short LD + Telekinesis

• I played a musical instrument
  • I ate food that tasted like different food
  • i did the element manipulation task, while lucid

i had several lucid dreams:

• medium length: water element control in the world of the movie Frozen (at least it wasn’t ice :smile:)
  • medium length lucid - made a bowl of green tea boil by thought (not a task, but points for the lucid)
  • medium length lucid where I overhear police officers talking

Current Scores.

Now that the scores are currently updated, I will make a consistent effort to try to update them every single day. We are getting near the end of the LC 51 , so I want to provide you all with a reliable scoreboard. Once again, If you see any mistakes let me know either through IRC or PM and we will take care of that privately! Everyone is doing a wonderful job! Keep up the good work.

@nomat: Woah, Nice lucid man! Congrats on your longest ever. You racked up some serious points with that one.

@Thorn: Fixed the typo of instrument on the spreadsheet- nice catch. Also, your scores are updated and you’re not too far from first!

@Obfusc8: Still maintaining your 1st position. Well done! oh, and I corrected the “Taste something good” from a while ago, hahaha. Honest mistake.

@ Yanshuf: This week can totally be your week. I believe in you - Dream hard and score some points :happy:

• Jer

Last night in a Medium LD I threw some elemental magic around, switching the effect from fire to lightning to ice as it jumped between DCs.

Double post… not sure if etiquette is to edit the old or post again…

Last night in a short LD my reflection in a mirror looked like a dark shadowy demon. Which is not my normal appearance, despite what you all might think. :tongue:

Current Scores.

Good job Obfusc8 on claiming some more points. You are the only one from yesterday and today!

Where is everyone else?? Are you guys all sleep or something? :tongue:
(if you are, hopefully your doing tasks!) :rofl:

I did it
[community.ld4all.com/t/the-black-owls-first-book-and-probably-the-last/40194/14)

Oh look! I accidentally did a task! While lucid! :happy:

A Small Lucid ~ Short Lucid Dream ~ Invulnerability EARLY

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NDs: 6
Short LDs: 7

Task 1:-E Great Detail | Irregular Color, Extinct Animal | Looked into a mirror and saw myself. | Saw a fictional character. | See a futuristic human. - See a mythical creature. | Futuristic Human Q&A
Task 4:-E Invulnerability
[/spoiler]