Lucidity Challenge 51 - Winner: Thorn!

Regrettably, as there’s been no sign of the final week tasks, I’m going to have to drop out of the lucid challenge. :sad:

I’m off on holiday and will intentionally have no computer, no internet (no motorbike :cry: ) and hopefully real life will be more interesting than my dreams for a change… It’s been almost two years since my last proper holiday so I intend to disconnect and totally chill out for a while, not attempt to write up dreams on my phone.

And basically if this all wraps up before my return I don’t want to keep folks waiting or wondering if there will be a massive point dump from me at a later date, so Jer please remove me from the scoreboard as well.

Best of luck everyone. Sweet dreams. :smile:

^ Nooooo! We were just bonding over your huge dragon-ness, too!

I’m really sorry to hear that you’ve got to go. Not only is it not fair to you, but it hurts me as well, as I’ve seen time and again that I have way more lucid dreams when I have competition. Personally, I’d love it if there was something you could do to make dream recording on holiday less of a chore for a bit. Perhaps you could record your voice for a personal dream journal or simply post points you’ve earned in this topic without a DJ entry.

In any case, enjoy your vacation and enjoy any LDs that may come.

==========

Back on topic, this dream has me seeing something on the U.S. west coast even though I live on the east coast, so I’m claiming the supervision task.

After a period of silence, succeeded in lucidity last night. The length is pretty vague; the dreams / scènes had several intertwined plots (running at once), with variable lucidity, and I was just half-lucid most of the time. But let’s call it a medium-length LD.

I attempted my personal goal (fly around the Earth in space), after failing to recall other tasks. I’m flying faster and higher than ever! Many clouds passing by. I keep accelerating 'til the point of motion blur occurring on the clouds. According to my dreamworld, clouds seemed to extend all the way up to space. :razz: I see a dark hole getting larger and larger, this must be space, but unfortunately I never reach it before waking up. Thus, I don’t consider this completing my goal.

Sad to see you going, obfusc8! I’d gladly wait for your return before this LC’s finish.

Non-lucid dream in which I go out on a date with Kenji, who is a graduate student from Japan, studying in England. (Dream chracter, not a real person). No points scored, but I enjoyed it.

I am recaling at least one dream a night at the moment, but I’m not managing to complete many tasks. (I only post the interesting ones online; there’s more stuff in my offline dream journal).

I had a short LD this morning, as shown in this journal entry. I had two different instances of the invulnerability task before becoming realizing I was dreaming.

Lucid dream, medium duration (about 3 minutes), in which a friend of mine has returned from the dead. No tasks completed, but I’ll claim the points for lucidity.

P.S. Kenji in the previous dream is a character from a manga; after thinking about it some more, I identified the source. Yay! Kenji is the new transfer studfent, and we’re going out together, etc. If you’re familiar with the genre: at least I wasn’t late for lectures and eating a piece of toast when we first met.

This post has a short lucid dream and a medium-length one. In the latter, I repeat the proprioception task in character.

Finally broke through a grey spell this morning with an LD here this morning which at around 2-3 minutes long makes it a medium one for me. Featuring appearences from Thorn and a rare appearence from Siiw :smile:

I’d like to claim the “Taste something good” points from task 3 as my favourite hot sauce turned up in it this morning and tasted just like it :smile:

On another note, that was my 300’th LD :mrgreen_hat:

Current Scores.

Here are the current scores - they haven’t been posted in a while… I would just like to quickly say that the final week will be posted tonight! This week will be strictly seven days long (unlike some of the other weeks, which have dragged on for a bit… heh)

I would just like to take a second to remind everyone that the Ld4all Quest #105 is also available to complete for points! You can read more about it here … I know that tggtt put a lot of work into it, and it looks like a lot of fun!

Obfusc8 - It’s really unfortunate to see you go… you have been a big inspiration for a lot of people in this LC , and you always provide a nice competition. However, at the same time I respect your decision to drop out of the LC and not have a large LC point dump. I will remove you from the score boards. I hope you have a wonderful Vacation

Susan_Y - Nice DJ entries. Even when you’re not scoring points, it’s nice to read about the interesting dreams you have.

Thorn - Well, since Obfusc8 dropped out that puts you in first place by default. Also, congrats on being the first person in this LC to earn character points! They didn’t really take off in this LC like they did in the last one. Keep on dreaming!

James_uk2008 - Your points are noted. Congrats on the 300th LD ! :partying_face:

Week 5 is coming in less than 24 hours

Week 5- Beyond The Senses

Alright! We are in the final week. A strict seven days. The tasks this week deal with going beyond the senses. We are leaving this reality, and we are transcending space and time itself! Some big points can be earned this week. :cool:

-meditate within a dream an easy way to transcend reality, that anyone is capable of doing. Meditation is a fairly simple concept- should be a simple task. I have heard many people say that meditating in a dream works wonders (25 points)

• Die inside a dream One of the main ways to escape your body, and thus, your senses. I am looking for detail as to what happens after you die… what do you see,hear,smell,etc.? (25 points)

• go beyond time Time is only an illusion. Many argue that if it wasn’t for the human mind, time would not exist. In this weeks tasks, we are going to have some subtasks that involve time aswell! (20 points)

• Have everything freeze (20 points)

• Experience time in reverse (30 points)

- go beyond space Similar to going beyond time, many of this weeks tasks will focus on transcending the limitations of space itself. There are many abstract subtasks within this task, so try to claim points before the LC ends! (20 points)

• See from a disembodied observer easy easy tasks! Many of you are capable of this already. No excuses here! (10 points)
    -Leave this dimension via portal this was a triumph (30 points)
  • Discover other dimensions ( Think Parallel universes) (40 points)
  • exist in multiple space simultaneously This one is trickier. I am looking to see if not only can you exist in multiple spaces simultaneously (eg. Through a clone of yourself) , but can you actually switch your consciousness from one body to another? Like if you are seeing through a first person view, could you switch that view into a first person view through the eyes of your “other you” who is existing simultaneously? Interested to see how you guys pull this one off. (50 points)

and that’s it! This is the final week, so make your dreams count!
~ Jer

Non-lucid dream in which I meet the artist H. R. Giger (who was the monster designer for the fim Alien etc.), I get him to show me inside The Black Room, and … well, I’ll skip the rest of the dream.

I claim the points for “get a dream character to show you something”.

Non-lucid dream, with a possible task completion of “leave this dimension via a portal”:

I am with at least one other dream character; we are being pursued by something (it is unclear exactly what); there is a closed door between us and whatever is following, which will delay it a little. By use of magic, a teleportation portal opens in a the floor; it is like a fast-flowing whirlpool of water. My companion goes first. I dive in second; it leads into a blackness without form (a bit like sleep paralysis for a few seconds)

I’m not sure if that counts for the task or not; but anyway, there it is.

During the false awakening in this dream, I wonder if I am dreaming but fail to prove it.

In the first of today’s dreams, I spend time as a DO. In the second, I lick a DC.

I’m not sure what the requirements are for “go beyond time” without any subtasks, but in my various dreams from last night (not linked because they were so illogical), I constantly moved through time, created alternate timelines, and dealt with the results.

Non-lucid dream in which I borrow a magic amulet from a magic items shop (that well-loved feature of massively multiplayer online role playing games and AD&D tabletop roleplaying). It wasn’t entirely clear what the amulet actually did, magic-wise, Mayebe it was a +1 something or other :smile: No points scored.

Still no luck on many of the other tasks, even though I know they’re possible because I’ve done them in dreams before this challenge. Though as far as I can recall, I’ve never had a sense of smell in a dream.

Non-lcud dream in which I do the “disembodied observer” task.

Two LDs, this night and two nights ago. Both quickly led to FA. :sad:
Completed meditation task in the first one (something I planned to do anyway)

I’ve never noticed a sense of smell in my dreams either, also I’ve never been a DO.

Here are three lucid dreams—a short one, a long one, and a medium-length one in that order. I didn’t complete any tasks in them.

Current Scores.

The scores are updated.
Only a couple more sleeps until the LC ends.
Dream hard everybody.

~Jer