Lucidity Challenge 51 - Winner: Thorn!

Week 5- Beyond The Senses

Alright! We are in the final week. A strict seven days. The tasks this week deal with going beyond the senses. We are leaving this reality, and we are transcending space and time itself! Some big points can be earned this week. :cool:

-meditate within a dream an easy way to transcend reality, that anyone is capable of doing. Meditation is a fairly simple concept- should be a simple task. I have heard many people say that meditating in a dream works wonders (25 points)

• Die inside a dream One of the main ways to escape your body, and thus, your senses. I am looking for detail as to what happens after you die… what do you see,hear,smell,etc.? (25 points)

• go beyond time Time is only an illusion. Many argue that if it wasn’t for the human mind, time would not exist. In this weeks tasks, we are going to have some subtasks that involve time aswell! (20 points)

• Have everything freeze (20 points)

• Experience time in reverse (30 points)

- go beyond space Similar to going beyond time, many of this weeks tasks will focus on transcending the limitations of space itself. There are many abstract subtasks within this task, so try to claim points before the LC ends! (20 points)

• See from a disembodied observer easy easy tasks! Many of you are capable of this already. No excuses here! (10 points)
    -Leave this dimension via portal this was a triumph (30 points)
  • Discover other dimensions ( Think Parallel universes) (40 points)
  • exist in multiple space simultaneously This one is trickier. I am looking to see if not only can you exist in multiple spaces simultaneously (eg. Through a clone of yourself) , but can you actually switch your consciousness from one body to another? Like if you are seeing through a first person view, could you switch that view into a first person view through the eyes of your “other you” who is existing simultaneously? Interested to see how you guys pull this one off. (50 points)

and that’s it! This is the final week, so make your dreams count!
~ Jer

Non-lucid dream in which I meet the artist H. R. Giger (who was the monster designer for the fim Alien etc.), I get him to show me inside The Black Room, and … well, I’ll skip the rest of the dream.

I claim the points for “get a dream character to show you something”.

Non-lucid dream, with a possible task completion of “leave this dimension via a portal”:

I am with at least one other dream character; we are being pursued by something (it is unclear exactly what); there is a closed door between us and whatever is following, which will delay it a little. By use of magic, a teleportation portal opens in a the floor; it is like a fast-flowing whirlpool of water. My companion goes first. I dive in second; it leads into a blackness without form (a bit like sleep paralysis for a few seconds)

I’m not sure if that counts for the task or not; but anyway, there it is.

During the false awakening in this dream, I wonder if I am dreaming but fail to prove it.

In the first of today’s dreams, I spend time as a DO. In the second, I lick a DC.

I’m not sure what the requirements are for “go beyond time” without any subtasks, but in my various dreams from last night (not linked because they were so illogical), I constantly moved through time, created alternate timelines, and dealt with the results.

Non-lucid dream in which I borrow a magic amulet from a magic items shop (that well-loved feature of massively multiplayer online role playing games and AD&D tabletop roleplaying). It wasn’t entirely clear what the amulet actually did, magic-wise, Mayebe it was a +1 something or other :smile: No points scored.

Still no luck on many of the other tasks, even though I know they’re possible because I’ve done them in dreams before this challenge. Though as far as I can recall, I’ve never had a sense of smell in a dream.

Non-lcud dream in which I do the “disembodied observer” task.

Two LDs, this night and two nights ago. Both quickly led to FA. :sad:
Completed meditation task in the first one (something I planned to do anyway)

I’ve never noticed a sense of smell in my dreams either, also I’ve never been a DO.

Here are three lucid dreams—a short one, a long one, and a medium-length one in that order. I didn’t complete any tasks in them.

Current Scores.

The scores are updated.
Only a couple more sleeps until the LC ends.
Dream hard everybody.

~Jer

Lucid dream (medium duration, 5 minutes) in which I do the “meditate within a dream” task. I also attempted to see an extinct animal and a mythical creature, but that didn’t work.

Non-lucid dream in which I die. I’ll snip the details, as it was too violent for the forum.

Non-lucid dream in which I do the “have eveything freeze” task.

Non-lucid dream in which I ride a skateboard and grind on a rail. Not a task this challenge, but as I was supposed to TF as a skater girl for this challenge, it was at least in character. Not worth points, I think.

I had a medium-length LD this morning, posted here, in which I was again a DO for a while, awarding the Lucid Bonus for the week.

I’m a bit confused as to how I have points for the DO subtask but it doesn’t count for the normal task. Is it actually a subtask or is it a standalone task?

Non-lucid dream in which I wonder if I am dreaming but do not become lucid. (First attempt at a reality check was prevented by the dream, second attempt was a false negative — I could use an electronic device (mobile phone) even though I was in a dream). I claim the points for wondering if I am dreaming.

Non-lucid dream in which I do the “exist in multiple spaces simultaneously” task. It was some like of science fiction move thing in a spaceship in orbit around a black hole. I suspect that I was the Sigourney Weaver replacement in the plot.

I don’t know if this applies for the “Play an instrument” task, but I’ve had several non-lucid dreams (3 or 4) during the LC where I’m using FL Studio, a program to create music (aka DAW), and I hear the music I supposedly created. Personally I’d classify the software as electronic instrument.

For example last night I had another such dream and, above all, I could vividly recall & recreate one part of the track.

Seeing that the LC hasn’t finished yet, I’d like to claim points for a medium-length LD where I again come close to personal goal, but couldn’t quite reach space.

Alright Everyone!
I am officially calling an end to the 51st Lucid Challenge!
The final scores will be posted tonight, which will include the points gained/lost from the secret achievements!

Stay Tuned!

~ Jer :happy:

THE LUCIDITY CHALLENGE #51 IS OFFICIALLY OVER

The Final Scoreboard.

Here are our winners:
1 ) Thorn 1560
2 ) Nomat 945
3 ) Susan_Y 900
4 ) Scipio Xaos 470
5 ) En’enra 445
6 )James_UK 2008 295
7 ) Eilatan 140
8 ) Yanshuf 100
9 ) Lumessence 30
10 ) Mew151 30
11 ) eMander 0

Congratulations Thorn, the winner of LC51 :partying_face:

For those of you who are wondering how secret achievements affected the scores in the end, you can see a complete breakdown of the results, here. The summary of the results are also available on the main score sheet page.

I would like to give a couple honorary shout outs:

Thorn- Congratulations. You worked very hard this challenge and scored a whopping 1500+ points. Congrats on your win, you earned it. Not only did you get the most lucid points, but you were also only person who transformed into their character, at all! I know you will never forgive me due to the lack of storyline in this LC, but I hope you had a great time! :content:

Nomat- You did a wonderful job LC. Ever since day 1, you put in tons of effort and it paid off. You made it all the way to second place! There was a lot of competition in the end between you guys. Perhaps you will win the next one O:

Obfusc8 - If you are reading this, I would like to apologize. I am sorry that the LC dragged on in the middle of the competition. If it weren’t for those delays that were entirely my fault, the LC would have ended “on time” and you could have been in the game it’s entirety. I hope you had a good time in the LC while it lasted, and I hope you join future Lucid Challenges to come (where I can play against you as a participant!)

Susan_Y - You did a great job on getting so many points in the last week! In my opinion, you are the participant who has improved the most. You managed to pull yourself all the way up to third! You also completed more Week 5 tasks than anyone else by a longshot! Way to go!

Scipio - You did quite well during this challenge, and it really sucks that you lost 260 points at the end because of all those wrong “call outs” on achievements. In a way, I am quite grateful because without you, the secret achievements would have been quite boring. You really did spice up the competition ( and the results breakdown) by trying every single achievement and calling out 14 of them.

Well everyone, I would just like to thank you all for this challenge. I had a ton of fun hosting, and spent a lot of time reading everyone’s Dream Journals. I learned a lot about you all through your dream journals, and our conversations. I feel like I got closer to the community as a whole! Thanks a lot and I hope to play against you all as a participant in the next Lucid Challenge!

Sweet Dreams
~ Jer

Ohohohooo
It was a very nice challenege!
Can’t wait for the next
ˇ-ˇ and now I got a rival : Eilatan