Been trying and last night I DID IT! I am sooo happy and exc

Hi everybody I am new to lucid dreaming and also to this community. Ever since I can remember I have been able to “Most of the time” know when I am dreaming but never tried to interact within the dream until I got interested in LD a few months ago. Like I said I have always been able to tell ‘Consciously know” when I am dreaming. But my only interacting have been for example if I am having a nightmare I know I am asleep and I know my wife is lying beside me so I know if I can wake her she will wake me and get me out of the nightmare. The way I do this varies a lot but most of the times it’s shaking her with my arms or legs. When she wakes up she knows what’s going on and wakes me. I have known about LD for a long time. But for whatever reason I just recently took a strong interest in it. I watched lots of “How to videos” and did lots of reading. But from all of that the one thing that helped me break through last night was “Look at your hands”. I tried on and off for a couple months “I say on and off because I read somewhere about trying too hard” Well I haven’t even thought about it in probably about 2 weeks and last night O lucid dreams THREE TIMES! Wooohooo I have always been one to get up a couple times a night for whatever reason “Usually to get something to drink” I woke up as usual and started to get out of the bed to go to the kitchen “Now I really did start to get up but I’ll tell you about that in a sec” So I get up and go to the kitchen then I stopped on front of the sink and thought “Wait a sec I don’t remember getting up and walking in here” Idk why made me do it but I looked at my hand and it was VERY irregular “Some fingers longer and shorter than they should be”. It probably would have scared me had I not instantly realized what was going on but I instantly consciously said “Holy crap I’m lucid dreaming” That was it. It was on after that! LOL my very first LD I actually flew! Well kinda I turned around to find a few people standing around chit-chatting like some social event. Some guy “I have no Idea who he is but apparently I felt I knew him in the dream” And I told him I’m lucid dreaming. He didn’t believe me as I tried to convince him so I finally said “Ok then watch this” I flew down the hall and back and the reason I said I kinda flew was because for whatever reason it was really to get up off the floor above waist level. When I got back to the guy I was talking to I woke up. I actually think I woke because I was so excited that I had finally had a LD. When I woke I looked around and looking at my covers it was very obvious I had started to get up before. So I got up and went and got something to drink and went back to bed just hoping it wasn’t a fluke. I did it two more times last night and it’s too much to go into but by the third time I was able to fly over the trees! Sorry this is so long and sorry for rambling but I’m just so excited about it. Oh and by the way every one started by looking at my hand. :smile:

Good job! My go-to RC and stabilization is looking at my hands too. Lately it has sort of dropped off. Sometimes I need no RC, I plug my nose or use some superpower to test it :tongue:

Flying is awesome. I don’t blame people for doing it so much in lucid dreams.

Thanks! :happy: I really didnt think I would be able to fly right off the bat though. I figured I’d have to practice for a while to do stuff like that. :smile:

congrats on the LDs :yay:

I’ve only had weird hands once in a LD. [community.ld4all.com/t/lucid-leap-d/25913/40)
I remember some say hands can look funny in a LD. So I remove the very thin rubber gloves that I am now wearing. My right hand is normal, but my left has 6 fingers. They are all thin and extremely long and rubbery. I wiggle the fingers and watch them move about. I even try to tickle someone with them. :lol:

Thanks! I was wondering if I would last night and woke up a few times and was disappointed that I hadn’t. But then about 3:00 I had a very short one. And I remember looking down at my hand and I was like “YESSSSS” LOL But it was sooo cool because the feeling was exactly the same as if you finally accomplish something you’ve been trying to do in real life. :smile:

Congrats! Im very happy for you :smile:
Im curious that you say that you in earlier dreams were conscious but didnt interact with the dream. For me personally intarcting with the dream is far less important than being conschious that i dream. How is it that you were conscious but did not interact with the dream. I mean if you know your dreaming the next step is to in some manner interract with the dream right?