4. Obfusc8 - Summon and do a different task with every LC participant
  5. Luneria - Teleport myself to the crossroad
  6. Letaali - Make a solid attempt at reaching the frozen planet
  7. Koal44 - Freeze Time
  8. Majah - Eat wild mushrooms
  9. Yanshuf - Teleport near a person I know and kill him\her
  10. Jer - Fly into outer space
  11. En’enra - Reach the safe house again

Like last time, I probably won’t be able to go through the whole LC, but I’d like to have some goals, since I didn’t have anything to focus on in recent LDs. I want to enter the same safe house described in one of my recent DJ entries.

Ok, we’ve got enough sign-ups. I’ll post the first week’s tasks on Friday.

Yeaah let s start!
small question, I had a LD an hour ago, it is Friday in Germany, doest it count?

Stopping Time is super hard I dunno if I m going to succeed on my personal goal… :o

Nah, You can do it. I have frozen time in some lucid dreams without even trying. If willpower isn’t enough to make it happen, try grabbing a remote control and pressing the pause button. The personal goal should be challenging imo. So if it’s difficult for you, great! Doing it will be more rewarding. :content:

Me, I have already teleport myself to a place I can see, so not very far ! :wink:
But teleport myself to the cross road ! It’s me too the first time I will try it ! And it’s also very very difficult for me to change myself : I sometime can’t manage to see me normaly in a dream mirror !
So, let’s try !
It can be amazing ! :tongue:

Week 1 - Late for School

(See TV Tropes: Late for School for examples of this cliché in anime and manga. Or, worse yet. read the fanfic in spoiler tags below.

SPOILER - Click to view

As you wake up, daylight is streaming in through your window. You have a feeling you’ve forgotten something. And then you remember: it’s the first day of a new term, and you are late for school. In a hurry, you wash and get dressed. You only have time to eat a piece of toast for breakfast before you rush out of the door, In the street, you bump into someone (gender according to your personal preference). Being clumsy, you drop your school books. You apologize as the stranger helps you pick them up, before you rush off. Once your in class, your teacher announces that there is a new Transfer Student. The new student stands up, walks to the front of the class and writes their name on the blackboard. They are the same person that you bumped into in the street.

This week’s tasks:

Eat breakfast - 20 points

Subtask: breakfast includes a piece of toast - +10 points

Wear a school uniform - 20 points

Meet a dream character - 20 points

Subtask: the DC tells you (or writes down) their name - +10 points For this task, the DC must say or write their name. Knowing their name from background knowledge (e.g. the DC is your mom and you know your mom’s name) isn’t sufficient to claim the points.

Subtask: meet the same DC in dreams on two different nights - +30 points

Visit a high school classroom - 20 points

Dreams before the week 1 task were posted don’t count.

@Koal44: I was able to stop time for a task in the last LC: it can be done.

Had a medium lucid dream, where I was Hulk diving in some tropical sea with Ironman. Scene changed to my hometown and I was myself again. Ironman had changed to obfusc8. Tried to create a ball of blue plasma to test my abilities. Didn’t go too well, it burnt my hands and barely caused any damage when I threw it.

Claiming “meet a DC” task. Doesn’t really feel like a task though, since almost all of my dreams have DCs.

Had a very nice and detailed LD here where I was Jar Jar Binks in the world of Star Wars getting into trouble in a boardroom which got raided by Battledroids. Due to the authentic nature of it, I didn’t alter anything and went along with the “storyline” which I feel made it a lot better. :smile: At around 10 minutes long, this makes it a long one for me. I would like to claim points for meeting a DC for this one as I did meet at least two different DCs in this one.

Is it too late to join this challenge Susan_Y? I see the first was posted just yesterday - it looks as if it’s going to be a good one. Owing to the posting rules I’ve set myself in my DJ, I’d have to try to work the tasks into my current “Star Wars” storyline…extra fun! No worries if it’s inconvenient.

Oh, I don’t understand, the first task is finish ? So, I didn’t manage to do any LD !! What a bad dreamer I am !!! XD
Ok, so the new task is to dream of a day at school where we are late, etc ?
Ok, I will try to !

In the medium LD here I meet a DC, she wouldn’t say her name though.

I meet some dream characters in the second of these dreams.

Last night I had a short LD (around 1Min)

Claiming 2 Tasks
I met a DC and he told me his name

I was not that far from the breakfast and from the Highschool tasks as I was in a School Cafeteria :smile:

Dream Journal

DC told me his name here. His name was Michael. I couldn’t hear his surname clearly.

I’m surprised I did this in a non-lucid dream.

I’ve now met Wyvern as a DC in two consecutive nights of dreams for the subtask. He appeared in the first of yesterday’s dreams and in today’s dream.

This might not count… depends how broad your definition of breakfast is. Short lucid dream in which I eat a small fruit thing that was inside a loaf of bread… at 7.05am

Other participants might want to note my mistake of trying to make toast and just find ready-made toast instead… :content:

I was in a classroom, but it was a university classroom. Decided to mention it anyway.

@DeRuyter001: Yes, you can join in. Late registrations after the challenge has started are fine.