the BIG "Hi, I'm new here!" topic, part 73

Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your first experience of lucidity. :yay:

Hey community! I’m actually from the dreamviews forum and decided to start one here! So, my name is Trent and I haven’t had an LD in quite some time but I want to get back into it! Any advice?

Welcome Trent! Since you probably the essentials for gaining lucidity, which is to say a careful dream journal and an awareness of dream signs plus any number of especial methods you like to use, the main thing that will be different from your fist time is motivation! My advice, if it’s any good to you, is try to recapture the excitement you first had when you discovered LDing: make up detailed dream plans and worlds, give CALD a go, try the LD4all quest or sign up for the challenge - anything which gives you a sense of purpose! You can find more ideas all over these boards. Pretty simple, I know, but I hope it helps!

I’ve always wanted to do a shared dreaming project. Is this forum pretty active? Because, dreamviews isn’t that active!

I’d say we’re not too sluggish. The basic rate of communication is days, not hours, except for DJs and games, but for our size that’s pretty good. You’ll always find someone interested in shared dreaming - try the “Lucid Lab” or “Beyond Dreaming” subforums and the chat to begin with. I hope you find a friend!

Welcome to ld4all :spinning:
My advice would be to visit Article space and the FAQs and tutorials forum.there is a lot of advice and information in there. Then get inspired buy reading your old LD accounts or LD posts in here.

I hope you enjoy your time here.

I guess I’m technically new here, even though I’ve had an account for over a year and a half now. But I never got active on here before, for the simple reason that I tend to have a very short attention span and motivation (I’m working on it) and I lost interest the last time I got into LDing, after I had my first and only LD.

But I’m here again, mostly for dream journalling, as doing it publicly is hopefully going to put more pressure on me to keep it up for long periods. No other methods for LDing right now - I’m working on increasing dream recall a little now before getting invested in reality checks, and I can’t spare much sleep for fancy methods anyway.

I’m a little nervous about being on the forums outside of the journal, as I tend to keep to my own little corners of the internet, but hopefully it’ll ease up after a while.

:welcome: welcome (back) screechfox :spinning:

Ld4all is a very welcoming community, I’m sure you will begin making posts outside the DJ section very soon. BTW watch out for the next ND Challenge it is a real motivator to improve recall. :wink:

Ah, thank you! I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for that! :content:

Hi,
This is Rocha. I’m new here. Thank you all for the information posted here. I’m a photographer. I like to visit new places. I hope it will be a great journey.

Wish me luck!
Thank you. :smile:

Hello Rocha, welcome to ld4all.

It’s amazing how much information we have collected over the years. :content:

If you wish to share a few photos, you can create a topic in garden of creation and post them there (using an image hosting site eg photo bucket)

To prove I am new, I just posted a topic “somewhere” titled “any Christian LD’rs”? Then I saw this message directing me to say “hi” here! I am not too computer savy, if you will!

Hello Kuntry, welcome to ld4all. I saw that topic first and replied to it. :spinning: I wasn’t too computer savy when I joined ld4all many moons back :smile:

Hi! I am new. I thought that it would be very fun to have lucid dreams a lot so I am finding out more about them. I have had an LD about 2 times before but I didn’t try to, it was amazing to be able to do things that you can’t usually do. I hope that soon I will have lucid dreams!

Welcome to ld4all RectangularCircle :welcome:

Was this even before you had heard of LD?

You will! :yay:

Yes, it was a few years ago. I didn’t know that you could do things like flying then but I did things that people would think are extremely weird in public. :smile:

Hello everyone, My name is One Iron Knot and I’m from Southern California, USA. I’m a brutally honest introvert who has a deep love with music and halo :music:
I am 98.4% sure that the character “Gregory House” is my spirit animal.

I wanted to take LD more serious than I’ve ever taken anything hence why I joined a forum. I have created, built, and joined many forums for halo & starcraft and they’ve helped me improve and took me further and deeper than I ever thought was possible… I figure how can this be any different?

A little background:

I’ve been interested anything “paranormal” (for lack of better word) since I was little. I’ve always had a very inquisitive mind so the “normal” (again, for lack of better word) was never enough for me. I stumbled onto the idea of lucid dreaming in 2011 when my girlfriend bought me LaBerge’s “Lucid Dreaming”. I fell in love with the idea, but the book was a very hard read for me to get through for some reason. Maybe those 2 jobs and 5 classes I was juggling at the time had something to do with it??? lol.
After 4 months I’ve barely reached page 160 and til this day I haven’t finished it.

So what changed?

At the end of last year I got the book “Field Guide To Lucid Dreaming” by Dylan, Jared, and Tom. I was super excited because I saw the kickstarter for the book but didn’t have the money at the time. Ended up walking to Barnes & Noble out of sheer boar-dumb and saw it, on sale, only 2 left. I immediately bought the book AND THEN continued browsing.
I didn’t end up reading the book until about a week ago… I finished the book 2 days later. The author’s resparked (totes a word) the curious little boy inside of me and I was addicted. I haven’t read through a book that fast since the Pendragon Series. I bookmarked more things about Lucid Dreaming in the past week than I have ever booked marked on any browser since I’ve gotten this laptop.
Yeah, it’s been getting real.
I still haven’t had a lucid dream but I’ve only been taking it very serious for a week. I’m not expecting this to be easy and I don’t want it to be. I LOVE that I have something to work towards and all I have to do is SLEEP. All I do is SLEEP and all my deepest, most self-conscious questions and concerns can FINALLY be answered.

Which brings me here. I’ve never wanted to be so good at something since I’ve played Halo 2. The potential possibilities are endless and that excites me. The idea of infinity… it’s beautiful.

and plus, there’s no way learning LD is harder than LASO… right? :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

I feel like I’ve said everything but there’s still so much to say haha so I’ll end it here. I really can’t wait to get to know you guys and I really REALLY can’t wait to see what all this hype is about
:cool: :boogie:

Hello One Iron Knot :welcome:

It’s great to see you so motivated :content:

I would recommend that you combine WBTB (wake back to bed) with any method you use. it doesn’t need to be a long one even just a toilet break in the night can be enough. Have a quick read of “How to Choose Your Technique” - By Treader and then refer to Links and short descriptions to all new and known techniques they will give you an idea of where to start.

My first LD book was Lucid Dreaming in 30 Days :grin: - I read it after having a few very short spontaneous LDs.

Create a dream journal in the Dream Journal forum if you wish. :user:

Good luck :thumbs: and I hope you enjoy your time at LD4all

Thank you for this! One of my first few questions was going to be on how to select a method/how long to wait for results before switching, adding, or modifying. I will be diving in today.

adds to list of books to “find online” :colgate:

I will definitely be joining in on the DJ sharing and discussions!

and thank you very much :beer:

Hi All,
I’m new.