Infinite Awareness

Hello everyone, today I have a question to present to you - specifically one involving how finite beings such as humans can tackle a problem of infinite awareness when practicing ADA.

This question has been unresolved for me for a long time, and I cannot seem to find an answer. When practicing ADA, you try to be aware of both yourself and your enviornment at every second. The ultimate goal is to be “aware of your awareness”. However, what happens when you try to be “aware of your awareness of your awareness”, and on into infinity? How is it possible to perform any other action if you constantly must be aware of each successive level of awareness?

Do you only have to go a certain amount of levels deep? I find that if I am just “aware of my awareness” then it seems to be fine, but perhaps am I missing a critical component.

Thank you for your responses.

Collapse the levels. Thinking about a thought is still a thought, so instead of thinking thoughts then simply be thoughts. If you think like a water base and an oil base, then find the thought that makes an emulsion of those levels.

I hope this helps!

Hey,

I don’t understand what you mean by “being the thoughts”. I find that if I become too engrossed in thoughts or actions, then I lose awareness entirely. Could you shed some light on your explanation?

Thanks.

Well what you’re suggesting is a bit extreme for us, when you look at your life or anyones there’s is just to much happening to be aware all the time at least in this way that is suggested by ADA.

When you go into lucid dreaming then of course the goal is to become more and more aware but as you said it’s possible to some level until you start to interfere with your normal functions. Imagine yourself doing anything, studying, driving, working on a computer, having a conversation. Can you track and be aware of everything? I guess the answer is no, but you can practice and become more and more aware of the details, I believe that it’s a learnable skill just like becoming lucid in a dream but of course to some extend.

You can practice and with time you will achieve some higher level of awareness then someone who is not practicing that at all but as I said I think you will hit the point where you will become aware of your awareness but unaware of your current actions which you were doing, so I guess the secret is in finding the golden middle between being aware and functional…

Well I believe that ADA is extreme and not really a wanted goal for a lucid dreamer because by practicing lucid dreaming you will automatically become more aware of everything, experiencing lucid dreams will make you more aware and questionable toward any situation and that is the key in becoming lucid. You don’t have to be aware of everything all the time. Same goes for reality checks. People tend to do them to often, or they make it a job to do a RC every hour or so and that becomes a routine and we know that routing is a killer!

Reality checks need to be done with purpose, when you see something strange, when you hear something strange, of course you will not do them only when something strange happens, you can do them occasionally now and then, or if you work in office you would say, do every time one when you would go through the doors, but if you are a driver that would be pointless and so on and on. Awareness is I believe strongly connected to reality checks because RC will make you aware of your surroundings and that is what awareness is, so try to make a balance between those 2 aspects of lucid dreaming…

Thinking about your thoughts is not the opposite of being engrossed in your thoughts, it’s just another way of becoming too engrossed in your thoughts. That’s why you have “thinking about thinking about thinking about thinking” problem.

You are building layers into infinity. Instead, find a singularity. That singularity must not be on anything, not any image or any sound. If you try to make that singularity a nothing, you might be aware of nothing as a thing, because you are separate from it. Even nothing becomes a thought, or a concept, so that is not the state of mind you seek (but it’s natural to develop into that state of mind on the way.) Instead, be that nothingness. You find your unlayered awareness everywhere when you lose your awareness.

Yes! Someone who understands that awareness can go deeper.
When I try teaching ADA and related techniques of my creation, people always ask about being aware of aware. Some cannot understand it at all. :eh: Yes, it could be my fault.

In fact, according to my experience, it is no use to go much deeper, but deeper levels do exist.

I tried going too deep once and it led to an adrenaline rush that made me stay in shock for about 2 minutes. Not recommended at all.

The brain is a finite system, so…

I don’t believe there is actually a limit to the depth at which we can go, as the universe and hence ourselves is every growing and evolving… This is the first time I’ve heard of AKA but it makes sense and I have practiced similar techniques in meditation and other states of consciousness.

We are finite fragments of the universe. And evolution does not take place within a single lifetime.