Lucidity Challenge 52 winner Obfusc8!

Last night I had a LD where I was sitting on the floor, in my bathroom drinking a bottle of rum… I even remember feeling very “dizzy” when I stood up and tried to walk around. heh.

Haha, It’s interesting that I had that dream the same night that Obfusc8 had his Long Lucid about me drinking rum with him. What a coincidence.
:beer:

I am just not getting any tasks done this LC… but at least I helped obfusc8 out! (The “Sunny” song sounds hilariously awesome. :razz: ) And sorry I wasn’t more cooperative with the teleporting… it almost never works for me in dreams and I must have been afraid I’d wake you up. :razz: (Fun fact: my hair is kinda chestnut brown! :happy: In the sunlight, anyways.)

Japanese Song and I’m a “Cat” Girl - Long Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

[spoiler]NDs: 3
Short LDs: 3
Medium LDs: 0
Long LDs: 1

Task 1:-E Met a DC
Task 2:-E Piloted a Spaceship
Task 3: ~ none ~
[/spoiler]

Had an LD here this morning which at around 5 mins long makes it a medium one for me.

God I was on fire tonight! Claiming some LDs and tasks:

1 Medium and 1 Short LD.

Tasks:

1. Look down a long corridor
  2. Subtask: The corridor is curved (well it was directly going left by the end, but I couldn t see the end.)
  3. Look out of a window into the blackness of space
  4. Wear an unusual hairstyle yourself
  5. See someone with an unusual hairstyle (well I looked at myself in the mirror so I have seen “someone”)
  • Combo?
    Completing one or more of a week’s tasks in the same dream as a task from a different week - 20 points

Failed:
See the sea from a lookout (went up to the lookout but forgot to look at the sea…)
Visit a futuristic bar (tried but failed)
Subtask: The corridor has doors, pillars or bulkheads at intervals. ( I thought windows did count too so I guess it s a fail right?)

Koal Dreams Journal

Sorry for the delay in posting this week’s tasks - I’ll try to post them tomorrow.

Week 4 - Magic!

For this week, the tasks are magical/element manipulation.

I’m open to negotiation on what exactly the elements are: Paracelus in the European tradition had Fire, Air, Earth and Water; the Japanese “five greats” add The Void as a fifth element; the Chinese elements are Fire, Earth, Metal, Water and Wood.

Transform into a creature associated with an element - 50 points

According to Paracelus, the creatures associated with the 4 elements were gnomes, undines (water nymph kind of thing), sylphs and salamanders. This later made its way into the AD&D Monster Manual…

You can only claim this task once: transforming into (e.g.) a gnome and then a salamander only gets you one lot of 50 points.

Air: Fly in the air - 30 points.

This one should be easy; most of you do it regularly.

Water: Swim in water - 30 points

Earth: Enter a cave or other underground space - 30 points

Another AD&D trope…

Fire: Set something on fire - 30 points

This could either be by means of magic, or some mundane means, such as a box of matches.

Smell something - 50 points

This doesn’t really fit the elements theme, but as a lot of people found this one difficult in the last LC I thought we’d give it another try,

This task will run for one week from today (Tuesday). This will be the last week of this LC.

One short LD to claim again :content:
Didn’t work out that well and had only time to fly for a few seconds before waking up…

One Task: Flying

Edit: oh right I also did the Early Combo this week :smile:

Koal44’s Dream Journal

A lucid task! OMG! :biggrin:

EDIT: Aaand I just read Task 4… So I’m claiming flying points. :razz:

Cornelia is a Pirate - Long Lucid Dream - Wore a Pirate Costume, Flew in the Air, Task 3 COMBO Task 4 EARLY

Stats so far:

Short LDs: 3
Long LDs: 2

Task 3:-C Wore a Pirate Costume
Task 4:-E Flew in the Air
[/spoiler]

Had a Long LD in which I summoned James_uk2008 and did the elemental creature transformation task. I also flew and breathed fire by spitting and igniting vodka - didn’t really set anything else on fire though, so not sure if that counts for the fire task or not.

-Fly in the air.
(James_uk2008) - Transform into a creature associated with an element.

This is what I turned into (Ifrit, the Fire summon monster from the Final Fantasy series)

Don’t have a picture of what James_uk2008 became, but it looked friggin’ awesome! :cool:

Just a short lucid… nothing else… move along… move along… :razz:

Yet Another Lucid Snip - Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

Short LDs: 4

[/spoiler]

Hiya. Question.

So from what I gather, it’ll be another month or so before the next LC starts off. Can I still join in on this one? I’m not expecting to win, but it’d be nice to have something to focus on.

Hi Oleg,

Yes, you can join in on this one … but we’re really near the end with only a few more days to go.

Oh. Whoops. I thought it had yet to go through several weeks’ of tasks. :tongue:

Yeah claiming some points

1 Long LD (it s far from the best times I ve ever done but still the longest from my 10 last LDs so it s a long one…)

Task
I met my mother for a second time in a dream this month so one more task accomplished (although a bit randomly)

And just to mention it, As It was supposed to be the last night for this LC, I decided to give my best shot and I have tried a one hour lucid dreaming incubation video yesterday to score some point, but I felt asleep without any LD :smile:
Then I did a Mild in the next REM cycle. :content:

Koal44’s Dream Journal

Here is a short LD in which I do this week’s flying task.

Ok, time’s up :smile:

No dreams that were had after this is posted count for points.

But if there are dreams that you’ve had before the deadline, but haven’t claimed yet, I’ll let you have another 2 days to claim them.

I am working on a scoresheet at the moment.

I had a short lucid dream about 45 minutes before the deadline, as posted here. No tasks were accomplished.

Had to fix my forum clock so that I could see where the deadline fell. Either way, I had two short LDs this morning that I only just got uploaded. No tasks (I think :razz: ).

Snow! - Short Lucid Dream
Untitled WILD - Short Lucid Dream

Stats so far:

Short LDs: 6

[/spoiler]

There are a couple of lucid dreams in this challenge where there’s isn’t a claimed length; but I need to know the length for the scoring.

James: your LC of 12/12/15 was “long”, I guess?
Jer: how (subjectively) long was your LD of 10/12/15?

Did any of your achieve your personal goal? I don’t see any of them being claimed, but maybe I missed something. Post here to remind me if you think you did your personal goal.

Obfusc8 came close, but I’m not sure if he did a task with every LC participant. He’s probably in the lead anyway, so he hardly needs the points…
I think he missed out on meeting Thorn and Koal44.