Lucidity Challenge 53 - winner GenghisKhan!

@Susan_Y - Noted, that gets you off the starting line and up into 3rd place, but drd & Thorn are right behind you… better get lucid! :content:

Scores are updated

• I imagined as much. I was grasping, after all. :stuck_out_tongue:
  • The dream took place only outside and inside the common room. Nowhere else.
  • The Whomping Willow was larger than it was in the movies, but I’m not sure what size it really was. It was dark and covered in stylistically convenient shadows and whatnot… I would say its size was someplace between its canon size and the size of Shadow of the Colossus bosses…

Anyhow, I have a short lucid dream here. Wee. Eh. I tried to use what was essentially magic and then swung around some ugly sword. But it didn’t occur on some foreign planet. I just randomly found it on the ground.

I’ve been without internet for a while. great ideas obfusc8! sure that the side tasks can help me a little, althought I’ve never tried to incubate something.
I had a medium LD this morning here, claiming points by seeing people with militar uniform(lucidly) and finding a rare and expensive element (non-lucidly). I’m feeling lucky of this LD just after the beginning and 2 tasks :cool: .

Wow more lucids, excellent work guys! :happy:

Oleg - That was some quality recall, and I hear you about the becoming-lucid-without-the-trigger thing and how it makes you forget goals, been getting that quite a bit recently. Of course, it’s awesome being lucid but getting that sudden “wow it’s a dream” moment rocks. You’ve moved up into third place, and been given the points for the Whomping Willow. 'Cause it sounds totally badass, fighting a big shadowy tree. :wink:

Pedro - Great start to the challenge, in just two nights! I’m not much good at incubating, but there must be some guides around here that could help, if you want to try it. :smile:

A LD which I am proud of, I can claim some points, too LINK TO DJ

Short summary: I land on the planet, explore the jungle riding a tank, destroying a tree with it.
I am captured by red lizard alien creatures, which transform me into one of them with a bite.
In this shape, I run in the jungle (no real parkour).
After a while the transform wears out, and I am back at our human base, carrying with me considerable respect for those alien creatures.

Points I can claim:

• Visit planet
  • Planet has aliens
  • Change skin colour
  • Grow tail
  • Pilot flying vehicle (no aerial stunt)
  • Control heavy machine
  • Smash smthg with it
  • Explore jungle (not sure about parkour tbh)

Colossal tree, hmmm I do not think so.
The trees were big (think sequoias), but I am not sure it counts.

@GenghisKhan - …damn, nice work! You’re going to run out of tasks at this rate. :tongue: (Don’t forget your personal goal and the monthly quest are also options, the later will earn you ‘wings’ as well, above your forum avatar.)

As you may have guessed, the inspiration for the colossal tree task is the Tree of Souls from the film Avatar, so I’m looking for a very large, ancient or special tree. As the whole forest was made of sequoias, I won’t grant points for that.

You didn’t make a note of the length of the dream (in comparison to your other lucids). I made a guess based on the previous one and marked it as long.

Well, you are quite far out in the lead now. Almost makes me wish I was taking part, to see if I can keep up with you! :smile:

Scores are updated

Thanks obfusc8 !

No problem if I run out of main tasks in the coming days, I chose my personal task to be challenging based on my LD history. Plus, the side-quest is lots of fun on its own ! Doing all that, it just means I would get a couple of quiet nights in a month :smile:

As for LD length, I actually noted it at the beginning of the DJ entry.
I estimated at 20-30 mins using the usual method (church bells :tongue: )
I consider this length “medium” on my scale, with “long” being 45min+, but please measure it as you consider the fairest.

As for the Tree, I just watched the first half hour of Avatar, then got bored :peek:
In any case yes, I understand the Tree should be special, while no special Tree was present in my LD, so i fully agree on scoring no points there !

Cheers !

I’m up for that but I don’t think I’ll have any LD’S :sad:

Hmm… I don’t believe I’ve had anything of note happen in my dreams tonight. Eh. You previously asked me if I was in a classroom, though. Well, the thing is, I remember having a Harry Potter dream again, and I clearly remember class work being a subject at one point, and something that I should done in the dream by context, but I don’t think I remember the class room itself, or actually doing the classwork.

@Oleg - Hmm near miss then. I considered that attending a school lesson (as opposed to uni/college), especially at a boarding school, could be in enough kids films to qualify for the children genre side mission.

@Yanshuf - Is that a sign up? It’s always worth giving it a go… just post a personal goal if you want to join in. The more the merrier. :smile:

So my side quest is on musical, and I want to skip it.

Had an LD here this morning which at around five minutes long makes it a medium one for me. I attempted to complete my personal goal by turning myself Kaiju (growing to Kaiju size in the process) but the LD ended a tad too soon. Thorn(ette) made an appearence in it in.

@drd - Noted. You are moved onto ‘Crime’

@James_uk2008 - Grats on the lucid dream, and that was a cool goal attempt. Shame you didn’t get to enjoy being Kaiju size before it faded.

Scores are updated

Yesterday, I had nothing important.
Today, I only recall a medium ND here, where I accidentally talk( actually, he starts the conversation) to a giant in it. I also see a forest near where I am, but I unfortunately don’t explore it. So claiming points to talking to a beast non-lucidly.

What is current monthly quest ?

Are we still on “The Spirit of Giving” or… ?

Thanks !

Sorry Pedro, going to have to ask you to try that task again. By animal/beast I mean animal level intelligence, i.e. a natural animal that would not normally be considered capable of speech or language understandable to humans. Dogs, cats, dolphins, raptors, etc. The giant demonstrated that it was of human level intelligence, so in this case it doesn’t count. :sad:

That said, I somehow just shut my own foot in a door, so apparently I’m devoid of human intelligence too, therefore speaking to me, at least currently, would count for those points. :tongue:

Genghis, I don’t see a January monthly quest posted yet. So the December one is still valid until a new one gets posted.

I had an ND last night where I was in China when a large Tornado hit, along with an earthquake. The city was completely destroyed, and the military ended up coming through in order to help out civilians who were trapped under rubble. They looked like the “classic” military with Camo uniforms, guns and tanks.

I know it’s not much, but atleast I can get my first 20 points on the board. :cool:

Thanks obfusc8, good to know !

Posted a long ND in my DJ, but no points to claim.

@Jer - Actually that’s 40pts, since you get the early bonus too! Whoop Whoop! :happy:

Scores are updated

Yeah finally a LD!

so claiming a Medium LD and a few Quests:

Success:
· Talk to an Animal
· See a colossal Tree

Not sure:
· Change your skin colour to something non-human (well I seen myself in blue, It is only chance if it works as I did read that after waking up :razz:)
· Explore a forest (I d say I failed as I was flying above it and was running right before the entrance of the forest)

Failed:
· Personal Goal of freezing time
· Hold a traditional weapon (I am not sure at all about this and I didn’t know it was a mission)

Side Mission:
· Well I sang, I don’t know if it counts, if not I skip it to Go to 9: “Crime”

My Dream Journal