recall on school/work days

Hey

I’ve noticed something about recall.
Whenever i wake up suddenly (e.g. being woken up by someone or an alarm)
my recall goes down the drain, and figure that everyone else has similar problems,
but i have come up with a simple solution.

If i need to get up at six, i set my alarm to 5:30, and have it snooze every 5 min until 6. this way you can go back to sleep every time, and slowly become more awake.

trust me,
it works.

so yeah, try it out for yourself and let me know if it works for you.

Be careful with snoozing because it interrupts your sleep, and especially if you don’t fall asleep in those 5 mins, those 30 minutes are pretty much ‘wasted’ since you’re neither asleep nor awake. I usually discourage people from snoozing, but of course your sleep schedule is entirely up to you. I.e. you should be fine if you don’t feel sleep deprived.

Your idea sounds fine, but personally I’d set the interval to 10 minutes, or start snoozing from 5:45, because getting interrupted 6 times every morning sounds like a lot to me.

thanks for the feedback,

It’s funny, coz i find that i could have the worst night’s sleep, but if i wake up correctly, (slowly) i have energy

and on the contrary, if i have a great night’s sleep,
but get woken up suddenly,
i’m drained for half of the day

i don’t know if thats just me,
or if that’s a normal thing

In general, this is the way it is for me as well. That is why I try to go to bed at the same exact time every night so that I wake up naturally before my alarm goes off and I am forced a wake

I also find that waking up on my own terms (not by alarm, loud noises, someone waking me) I do have more energy. The one thought I had was I think your method would make it easier to get out of bed but how does it help your dream recall? If your still being woke by an alarm.