Stereograms

So in the past I’ve read somewhere that practicing stereograms helps you to lucid dream, but I was unable to find the original source. I think I’ve noticed the relationship back then as well, but it’s hard to remember now.

Anyway, the last 2 nights I’ve had strange lucid dreams that do indeed remind me of stereograms. I do a WBTB, but instead of WILD or MILD later on I get something in between. That is I fall asleep, lose consciousness, and then regain it but not in a dream. Instead, I observe the dram being created in front of me. It’s very strange, I am sort of a spectator, and see the dream becoming more vivid around me, but if I try to do something before it’s done “loading” I wake up. I’ve tried to explain the experience to my friend, and remembered stereograms. You have to sort-of adjust your focus until the picture pops-up and then you have to fix your eyes in that position. If you don’t, when you move your eyes the picture disappears. What I experienced in these dreams is very similar, you have to wait for a sort-of “click” in your mind and only then I can start exploring.

Has anyone else experienced this? Anyone tried stereograms as means to help with LDs?

(we meet again)

What you describe is actually very, very similar to my lucid dreaming. I already talked about this in my reply to the other post (about natural lucid dreaming) in more detail, but going over the main point again:

I wake up in the exact same state every time I dream:

Non-physical, a third-person entity, in a big lot of nothing which I call my dark dream box. From there, it goes on to something similar to what you describe, with the difference of me not being a ‘spectator’, but the ‘showmaker’. I build it up piece by piece, or load it from memory. Either way, nothing is going to be there until I say so.

Also, right now, it’s instant to near-instant, but it used to be slower and sloppier when I was just beginning. So my advice would be to fully stay on course with this, and practice trying to influence the outcome. Say, go to sleep with a full idea of how the dream should look like, but while it’s ‘loading’ try to change something. Try to affect the world around instead of anything in your own dream body (if you even have one at the time). Might work, and if it does, well, it’ll end you up with a lot of control over the dreamscape then. Have fun going back to 1st person once you succeed.

I’d really love if you could keep me up-to-date with this. It’s amazing, as it might lead to finally understanding how exactly my own lucid dreaming works.

Im not an expert but what you’re describing sounds like the hypnogogia state. Ive experience something similar during all my lucid dreams when I use the WBTB/WILD method.

:wiske:

It is similar to hypnogogic state, in a sense that the imagery is appearing while you are still conscious. I’ve tried to enter dream state straight from waking, but it never worked, and in this case it seems as if i fall asleep first. It may be possible that im having some sort of micro-awakening that I do not register, then go into hypnogogic state straigt away, and my consciousness “builds-up” at the same time as the dream itself

I awake this topic because the one of mine in the ‘Garden of creation’ reminds me symetries and stereograms. Indeed if you read the french word ‘rêve’ backward it gives you the english word ‘ever’. :wink: Some years ago I played on this to order a personalized stereogram linked to lucid dream of my own creation (for the text at least !). I share and post it below for free, with the fool hope you can distinguish cross eye vision stereograms ! :crazy_face:

If you do, please reply below to tell me the 3D text you read :smiley:

Edit : to see it you can also play with the zoom level / distance to your screen.

Edit2 : the original author is Dmitriy Bessmertny / 3dimka creator of the stereogram website Hidden 3D

2 Likes

I see REVE backwards (so EVER with the letters flipped) in the second “row” and LUCID! in the fourth “row”?

My technique involved crossing my eyes (by looking at my nose) and then moving my phone away and towards my face somewhat quickly before gradually shifting my eyes to look at the image :joy:
Once I identified the areas with depth it was much easier to identify in the preceding attempts.

Quite fun but my eyes kinda hurt now :joy:

1 Like

ohhh i love stereograms, I could see it, very cool! I learned how to look at them when this was all the hype back in the 90’s XD

@Splash wow very good that you were able to see it on the small phone screen, it’s easier on a bigger format (like laptop or tablet or bigger screen)

1 Like