Finding the 'Sweet Spot'

After trying on and off with good success for a couple of years, my ‘sweet spot’ for LD’s is 7-10 a.m. I recall few LD’s that were not in this range.

I would consider this one of the most important thing I’ve learned about my dreaming. (Tomorrow I will try WILD at 7 am)

I’m curious to know if anyone else has a similar range, and if they’ve discovered it.

My “sweet spot” seems to be similar, I tend to get most LD’s when I wake up 6-7ish and then go back to bed after an hour or so. Probably it’s the same for most people, since REM periods become longer/more often after around 6 hours of sleep, which WBTB method utilizes

6 hours after going to sleep - that makes sense.

Have you noticed a difference between waking up and doing WILD immediately and waiting an hour or so?

10-12am works perfect for me. :content:
I usually go to sleep around 3-4am.

That also makes sense. I used to have a belief that the middle of the night was when most people had their deepest sleep.

Yes, for me there is a big difference when I go back to sleep immediately (usually no results) and after waiting an hour or so, so that I would properly wake up but would still fall asleep rather easily. It’s good for WILD as well - I get a few “half-dreams” this way before actually falling asleep, sort of lucid hypnogogic imagery, very weird indeed… It’s like not a proper vivid dream, but more of a sensation of a dream yet more vivid than daydreaming.

I get by far the most LDs in the last two sleep cycles. That makes sense, since we get more REM sleep later in the night. Strangely enough, I also get LDs if I know that there is very little time to sleep. In those short nights, the lucid dreams come around 6 AM.