Military draft in spring 2005, for real

We could have a civil war, assuming that people are so unwilling to join the army and fight that they would be willing to join an army and fight for their right not to join an army and fight. :grin:

Canada isn’t a possibility. Need help with the leg?

Monitor > I don’t know if you read the John Titor thread, but he does say that the “American Civil” war in 2005 will start because america stops being about freedom and starts being about security.

Maybe he was right.

I don’t think John Titor was “right” he just had some common sense and was a bit ahead of most other conspiracy theorists…

but here’s the thing, what does the government do to protestors?

Well… here I’ll show you something that dumbfounded me, especially since I only just recently heard about it.

democracynow.org/article.pl? … ead&tid=25

The government is constantly developing non lethal CHEMICAL weapons as well as lasers and stuff to use on CIVILLIANS, okay… TO USE ON US.

Think about it, do the police like protestors? The ideal policeman would, but does some burned out loving hippy become a cop, NO! Police jobs attract blind patriots, authority figures, bullies, etc… a lot of cops do it for the power, and don’t question a damn thing, a lot of cops would bust your taillight for being unfriendly if they wrote you a ticket, etc…

They see protestsors as enemies to America really, it’s just putting two and two together to see how horribly bad the draft protests are going to be.

The media will probably ignore them until lots of people are killed and jailed…

I mean imagine peacefully carrying protest signs and being riddled with rubber bullets, get hit in the eye you’re dead… get hit in the head you probably have brain damage… this stuff is going to get very bad very quickly.

The protests WILL make Vietnam look insignificant, and the police brutality WILL be unprecendented, becuase they see us as terrorist lovers and violent anarchists, and some of us will be violent anarcshists, but surely they will be disproportionate.

If I start protesting I think I’m going to have to invest in an armored gas mask and a bullet proof vest.

oh and when the police brutalize thousands of innocent people, more and more people join the cause, when people start dying and perhaps being put in detention camps, you will see small acts of domestic terror against the police and military forces, and you will see militais uprising, you will see gun nuts fearing for their right to bear arms taking our side, you will see a civil war.

it’s not hard to imagine really…

I think that the next few years americans will understand more and more why europeans always talk about war as a last resort.

the odd thing is all the guys who are sponsoring this are democrats, it was originally written to try and keep the youth from being eager to support this war… but…

i wonder if the republicans are just not saying anything until after elections or what…

I know democrats aren’t that different from republicans… so… it could be we are screwed either way we vote.

that first link cant be real. congress.org is orginization while Congress is a government branch so a congress site would end in .gov

I don’t understand what this supposed draft would be for. We are supposed to hand Iraq over to their own government in June. Donald Rumsfeld has said many times when asked that there is no reason to hold a draft and that the Bush administration was not going to support it. I know that it is always a possibility that he could go back on his word, but with all the controverse surounding him already, that would just add to his shit-list even more.

It’s not a government site, but seach from the call numbers of the bills cited. It’s most certainly real. Thought I doubt it will pass.

America will soon realise why we in europe dont like wars. I can see a civil war happening in america and with all the advances in technology it wont be pretty.

Americans look at their own country and see it as being in trouble.

In europe we look at america and see it as a risk.

I very very highly doubt we will have a civil war in America anytime soon.
There has always been multiple view points on just about everything in this country. As for there being a draft and that triggering a civil war. It just doesn’t make sense. The reason I don’t want to get drafted in the first place is so I don’t die. The agenda of Bush, and the idea of being a part of one of the most controversial military actions are a few others, but being alive is the most important to me. I would never be dumb enough to go to war, so I don’t have to go to war. That is a oxymoron. There is no real anti-government movments in the United States. There is some I suppose, but they are all single units and are often just people that were inbread and live in a shack. It would take a anti-government group with firepower to even be considered a threat in this country, and that simply doesn’t exist.

I am not sure but, I thought that he admitted to being a fraud.

As for the draft, I seriously doubt such a bill will pass at this time. But, as we have all seen, a lot can happen in just a few months. Who knows what will happen in a year. Will that cause public outrage? I guess it will depend on what is going on at that time. A lot will also depend on what happens in November. Bush scares the @#$ out of me.

we also have other countries ripe for invasion, too

there are plenty of anti-american domestic factions in this country with lots of firepower, to the other guy, you just obviously DON’T HEAR A DAMN THING ABOUT THEM on CNN

such as the Texans caught with a hell of a lot of sodium cyanide bombs and automatic weapons, they probably had other conspirators that are still on the large.

It got pretty much zero media coverage, becuase, they aren’t brown people, you can’t have people scared of each other if you want to keep people in line, you have to have them scared of foreigners so they rally together.

thememoryhole.org/terror/tyler-terror.htm

you can find brief mention of this stuff on cnn.com and whatnot but their articles were written several months after this whole thing happened.

also remember how much fuss they made over the dirty bomber (mexican gang member I think) that was eventually let go, I think due to unlawful detention without being charged with a crime… (which is great that they eventually cracked down on those abuses) but… I mean, normal white folks actually have bombs and you don’t hear about that at all?

A. Holy Reality? Why do you always write soo much in your posts?

B. You don’t have to take a whole leg, just a few toes, or at most a foot.

C. America is screwed up, face it- thats what happens when Bush is in office. I have not seen one LDer support Bush, I think because LDer’s tend to be knowledgable.

D. We can bitch about it all we want but if it’s really true, all we can do is each cut a toe off and be gone with it. That, or claim we have cancer.

E. Do drafts apply to women yet?

F. If this really goes through congress, I will be sad… and they will have to live with making alot of people cry for their greed.

G. I like lettering my organized statements. ^,^

Is there anything wrong with what I’ve said?

Eep… double posted.

A. Holy Reality? Why do you always write soo much in your posts?
I have a lot to say.

B. You don’t have to take a whole leg, just a few toes, or at most a foot.
?

C. America is screwed up, face it- thats what happens when Bush is in office. I have not seen one LDer support Bush, I think because LDer’s tend to be knowledgable.
I don’t see why this matters, I’m just spreading information and anti-US government ramblings to those who will listen, and hoping to show some people things they may not have been aware of.

D. We can bitch about it all we want but if it’s really true, all we can do is each cut a toe off and be gone with it. That, or claim we have cancer.
I’m not sure what you’re talking about at all, if everyone were well informed of what their government were doing we wouldn’t have these problems to begin with.

E. Do drafts apply to women yet?
Have you not read this thread? If the draft is reinstated then yes, this will apply to women, it will be more of a “every us citizen has to serve, no matter what” like some countries make you serve when you get out of high school, but I guess it could also just be used for emergency draft purposes.

I think women should have to sign up for selective service though, it’s only fair.

F. If this really goes through congress, I will be sad… and they will have to live with making alot of people cry for their greed.
yeah.

G. I like lettering my organized statements. ^,^
okay then.

^,^ I enjoy the sarcasm and apprehensiveness coming through in your text. ^,^
B- To dodge a draft

lol, thanks, I mean the sarcasm in a friendly way, which is how I’m hoping it was perceived. It’s kind of hard to use sarcasm on line.

But yeah, I see what you are saying now… i thought you were using the toe as some sort of metaphor about speaking out against the government, that it was pointless, or something.

I have asthma and a history of depression and probably enough evidence to prove I’m “gay” if a draft ever came up (i’m not, but I don’t exactly have a good record with women), so I could probably stay safe from combat service, but they might make me do something.

I think you have to at least do community service if they declare you a conscientuous objector, but I guess it’s better than jail.

First, from what I understand this whole draft legislation was put together by democrats and republicans alike who are apposed to the war in Iraq. From what I understand they are hoping to frighten us into putting pressure on bush to put and end to this war. Unfortunately it is not working very well. I don’t think there are many people who even know about this proposed bill. Too many other things are dominating the news coverage. The bottom line is they know the bill will not pass. This hole thing is just a political stunt. ( I hope )

Well I might as well keep with the same format:

I understand that you have a lot to say and I encourage you to say it. But, I do agree that your post are a bit lengthy and the get hard to follow after a while. Please take this as constructive criticism and not an insult. I would like to get a better understanding of the points you are trying to make but, some times I just can’t get through your long posts.

I think our efforts could be put to better use by getting more involved with the political process. We should encourage more people to vote. Especially younger people who are often the most effected by the laws that are created. Perhaps even run for a political office ourselves. One of the local townships in my area has a Mayer who is only 21 years old. Unlike our European counterparts we, as a society, just do not get involved in politics. Many think the subject is bearing. Then when they want to go to collage and find that they can not afford it who’s to blame? As we saw in 2000 every vote does count. Anyway, it is just a thought.

Wow, I never knew you could even be a mayor at 21. Maybe I can be the next mayor of Des Moines. Mayor is a overrated job though, but still, being a mayor at 21 is still pretty good.

I’m 19 and I plan on voting in November. I read everything I can on local politics. I wish there were more younger people like me though, I feel I can’t talk to any of my friends about this stuff because I’m the only one that really does it.

I do agree that the draft bill could be a stunt to hurt Bush. I have heard Bush quote that he did not support the draft. A lot of radio hosts seem to take it really far though, just because it was proposed. Doesn’t mean much in the long run, only if it stays in the agenda.

I doubt our generation would even tolerate gas lines, let alone the draft. We’re just not used to major government interference like our ancestors had to deal with.

Unless there is additional legislation (such as the constitution’s rule that you need to be 35 to be pres), you can hold any office at age 18, same as voting age.