Any Christian LD'rs???

I am brand new to this site, and am just wanting experienced Ld’s to bounce all this accidental new found excitement off of. If I knew the term lucid dreaming, I don’t remember it until reading about it about three weeks ago. I talked to someone about my dreams back in 2006 but still didn’t really know what all this was about. On Christmas morning it happened, my first understood LD, only it came from only having 1hr of sleep in 24hrs, which goes against all learning techniques, and now I can’t induce one at all. Also I am a born again Christian and don’t want to dabble in anything that goes against the bible, but this is real, and I know it, just not sure how my christain friends will recieve this, are there any christian LD’s out there?

Hi Kuntry,

For sure you’re not the only Christian in this forum, but I can only speak for myself. Although not a devout Christian, this is my base belief. I imagine that you can find representatives from most religions in here, but again, I just arrived at this forum myself, and cannot really say for certain.

What I have understood, however, is that many LD’ers are not doing LD for spiritual aims, as some seem to be involved in this just for fun. Some posts seem to suggest that spiritual enlightment and personal growth are fruits to be collected from LD.

I wouldn’t worry about going away from the Christian faith through this, rather, I think it is a gift to have discovered LD for my spiritual life. I think experiences are to be had at different levels. I think purely entertaining experiences is what you can expect to find if that’s your intention. However, I believe there could be life-changing experiences to be had if that is what you seek.

More than being a Christian, I am believer in an underlying spiritual reality. We are living our lives for a reason, and there are meanings to be found and lessons to be learned. I can’t perceive of any greater gift than being at peace with my existence, my relations to others and to God, and the flow of life in the context of a greater existence. The ground of our being is mysterious, I find, and in dreams we are more open to clues of transcendence.

I hope this was helpful. I must stress that I’ve only started to look into LD myself, but I’ve always been a dreamer :smile: and had experiences without trying to induce them actively.

This topic is quite regularly created on the forum. As SpiritualSeeker says, there are Christians on the forum.

As I see it, LDing doesn’t go against the Christian faith but being Christian you will probably decide not to do certain things when lucid.

Thank you, I do feel that this is something to be proud and excited about, and do look forward to fun and exciting experieces in these dreams, not sure if I will be able to induce one or not as mine have happened without my trying, and only one was fully lucid, but I am definitly hooked in at least giving it a go. As far as my christian side and take on all this, I do (think) I believe that if I am able to interact and hopefully control one day, then to choose to entertain sinful thoughts inside one of these dreams would in fact be a sin, just not sure about all that yet. I believe that in waking thought if an ugly thought comes to mind, one I didn’t conciously want, but that showed up, well it would be a sin to entertain it while awake, so I would actually want to look into seeing if I could go in and reprogram some of my waking thoughts through LD. These thoughts get sooooo deep and crazy when talking about subconcious and concious and how they interact and affect each other!

[color=orange]Welcome, Kuntry.

Heh yeah on the same page hoping indulgences via LDs won’t count against us in the book of life. I’ve used sleep deprivation a few times to induce LDs, not always successful but they tend to be interesting or vivid when they occur. It can be an ace in the hole when experiencing a dry spell.

Before I make suggestions, you mind walking me through how you go about inducing an LD?[/color]

No reason to be worried in my view, just stay clear from those experience you consider sinful in your WL.

I would consider taking the chance of your LD for enriching your Christian experience, for example by listening Jesus preaching, or following him, or living his passion close to him.

I were impressed by GenghisKhan’s short but very proper advice. I think this thread could become something valuable for quite a few LD’ers. Could this become a sticky thread on the front page of the forum, I wonder?

For my self I also question the right way to approach LD. I’ve seen that firstly you can seperate between seeking control of your dreams, and seeking insights - a more open approach to LD. Secondly, I think you can have the intent to deal with personal growth or with spiritual growth. I think that I might should seek to learn more about myself before I seek insight into divine things. While knowledge of divine things matters to me, I think LD could also learn me to lead a better and more fruitful life.

Dreams in the Bible should be a topic to explore for Christian LD’rs. There are 98 uses of the English word “dream” in The New International Version (BibleGateway.com).

The Old Testament seems ambigious about the topic. The Psalms and Jeremiah speak negatively of dreams, but it is also said that God spoke to Salomon through a dream, Joseph was an intrepreter of dreams, and so was Daniel. Speaking with King Nebuchadnezzar about his dream, Daniel says: “there is a God in heaven who reveals mysteries”. (Daniel 2:28) There are also parallelisms with dreams and visions in the night.

In The New Testament, Matthew mentions dreams at crucial moments in the life of Jesus, like when he escaped the mass killing of newborns by King Herod. In the Acts, dreams are seen in connection with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.

A topical index concerning dreams in the Bible can be found here: biblegateway.com/topical/Dr … 0&limit=25

Although it seems nice to think that it’s not a sin to indulge in certain things in LD’s, it doesn’t seem to be the case. Looking at a woman with lustful intent, for example, is still lust whether that be when you’re awake or not. Considering God has infinite knowledge, I’m going to assume that using Lucid Dreaming as a medium to do bad things was not overlooked.

I agree W-77, if I am concious in my dream then I can make decisions. I am a little confused though, because I mostly just absorbed my LD, was so excited to realize I was having one, but did’nt know how to control or maybe I just didn’t, I dunno. There was something that happened in my dream that if it were to keep happening I would probably stop LD, but I don’t wana give up until I see if it’s a pattern, or until I have the opportunity to learn how to practice control over my dreams. I am excited about the thought of going in and talking to God. My Great Grandparents were amazing christians and my Grandad always said the same prayer at every meal, and my Sis was wanting to remember it so we can write it down, but we only remember bits of it, I thought it would be great if I could go in and hear him pray it again and possibly remember it to write it down. This would also be cool, because then my Sis might be a little more convinced of LD, I think she thinks I’m crazy! I would love to go back to the time when I got saved and see that, I don’t know if you can call up past situations like these, but would be great if I could!

If it is in your memory (even if you can’t actively remember it all when awake) it is possible. But also remember the mind can make up false memories too.

If it was me and I wanted to remember the prayer while dreaming, I would ask the Lord to help me (if it is His will) while lucid. You could also ask this before sleep.

Thank you all for the input, was soooo good and appreciated, I did finally have another LD and as far as I can tell, I didn’t sin in this dream, I just had a lot of fun. I think I will continue, and I do want to try and speak to God in a dream, things are just so vivid and so about ME in LD’s that my hope is that I will hear him more clearly should he speak to me in some way.

Thanks again!!!

You don’t have to get caught up in the spiritual spookiness.

There’s no reason that you have to contradict your faith by lucid dreaming.

I think that if anything lucid dreaming really made me question religion and spirituality when I first started to lucid dream. Dreaming like this made me question everything I ever believed. I think it has broadened my horizons and made me realize how much more of ourselves we never knew existed. I think lucid dreaming is something that can really launch you on your spiritual or religious path…whichever that may be.

My base beliefs are Christian by the way, however, I don’t see things they way they once were.

Hi Kuntry :smile:

I know your question isn’t “knew” anymore but I thought I should join^^
I’m a very Christian person myself and yes, I know Christians who try to ignore or avoid their dreams because they believe the devil and his demons will make their way in your dreams to you and if you are aware you are dreaming, they believe that you could chose a way away from God and Jesus Christ.
And now here what I believe. God protects us our whole life, he cares for us and loves us. So I alway wondered: why should God and Jesus stop caring for me in my dreams?! And why should the devil be the only one who could enter them? Why shouldn’t be there Angels too? I do believe that God cares for me in my dreams as well as he does when I am awake. I am save in my dreams when I’m aware that I’m protected and loved.
That’s why I don’t think you should worry too much. Just take care what you are doing in your lucid dreams. You will notice when something goes wrong :smile:

Best regards
Nate

Yes I am a Christian. God delivers messages in dreams all through the Bible. God’s the one who created dreams. The only command he gives is not to let the sun go down on your wrath. You’ll have bad dreams. There’s a lot we don’t understand but one of my dream goals is to talk to God in a dream. Some people call it a spirit guide but I believe that born again Christian’s spirit guide is the Holy Spirit. Any sin you commit in a dream is a sin of the heart and not a physical sin. Just remember God gives you the ability to LD. And like anything He gives you you can use it for good or for evil