EN \ NL \ FR
Train your lucid dreaming skills:
Join the LD4all Quest and earn your Wings!
print ShareShare 

INCEPTION: Hostile Dream Characters. (Warning: spoilers)

Page 3 of 3Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Author  Message 
4k33m
Alucid dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 2

PostPosted: Wed 03 Jun, 2015  Reply with quote

Sounds just like inception eek2

I think, that this stems from a deep down idea that lucid dreaming is 'breaking rules', so your SC tries to stop you from doing so. Perhaps...

I think I'm thinking too hard.. draait

Current LD goal(s): Visit Lucitopia City [ ], Visit Peach's Castle & Collect all 120 stars [ ]
glypheye
Truant Traveler
Astral Explorer
LD count: 130 roughly

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jun, 2015  Reply with quote

My last OBE involved in encounter with another dream character. The dream character it's self was of the type that I've come to think harbors independent awareness. I cannot prove this, of course, but it's a way that I've come to interpret this type of energetic signature experienced amidst dreaming.

Anyways, in the lucid dream I confronted the dream character in a way that I had hoped would help cut through the dream to some fundamental truth that I feel is hidden beneath the content of dreaming. Well, as of experience many times before with these types of entities, either from them or from something within me which seeks to perpetuate the dream state. Someone else mentioned a plot device which which keeps the stream of dreaming going, and it manifests as a certain resistance to cutting through to whatever is hidden behind the curtains of the dream. I think that's a great way of describing a very distinct possibility. I've often had the impression that there is this vast infinite awareness underlying everything that is dreaming itself through layers upon layers upon layers of multitudinous dreaming possibilities.... And that is just doing it for the hell of it smile . Part of the impression comes from having read it somewhere before, of course. The other part comes from certain uncanny hints that seem to come through dreams and through the content of daily life in very specific synchronous ways. It's like something winking at me from beyond the dream through the dream. It's as if it wants me to know that it's "all just a dream" and yet it wants me to keep dreaming so it puts a barriers to fully awakening.

LOL this is just my way of interpreting all the little nuances that I experience with regard to this type of thing and dreaming. In no way am I speaking for anyone else but myself. In no way can I definitively say that things are "this way" or "that way" with any degree of certainty. And certainly not for anybody else.

Anyways, I'm not entirely convinced that any of you exist at all tounge2

Current LD goal(s): Stay on the leading abstract edge
glypheye
Truant Traveler
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Fri 05 Jun, 2015  Reply with quote

Sorry....last post was from my phone and with some errors. Looked for the "edit" option, but not available in this thread for some reason. This sentence...

"Well, as of experience many times before with these types of entities, either from them or from something within me which seeks to perpetuate the dream state."

Is better written as...

"Well, as I've experienced many times before with these types of dreaming entities, either from some extraneous impetus from them as real entities somehow involved in my dream, or from something within me which seeks to perpetuate the dream state and thus resists this 'cutting through' , the DC refused to play any part in 'waking up' within the dream. It evaded the proposal whole-sale."

Sorry...I'll try to be more careful with my posting in the future...edit before I press "submit" smile

DTDownUnder
Sunset Chaser
Somniologist
DTDownUnder has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 70+

PostPosted: Tue 09 Feb, 2016  Reply with quote

I have had this type of thing happen a couple of times.

The first time it happened I was standing on a balcony with some of my mates when I randomly became lucid. This is how i become lucid most of the time, i just know i'm dreaming without preforming and kind of reality check. I said to my mates "hey you know you're in a dream right?" and they all gave m a confused look. I then said "watch this" and began floating about a meter off the ground. They all gave me an aggressive look. I was instantly pulled backwards by an unknown force. It kept on pulling me back and away from the earth. I continued back travailing hundreds of times faster that the speed of light. I exited the solar system and then the galaxy and further. Finally it ended and I was awake on my floor doing reality checks.

I was confused at the time as to what has happened but this post may have explained it in part. I did however get a positive out of this experience: I can now fly at the speed that I was pulled back at. This has allowed me to explore outer space allot easier.

The other time something like this happened was when I used my clarity shout to make the dream visually clear and increase detail. But unfortunately some of the effects of my shouts have been "leaked" into other shouts. This is a problem I have been working on for some time now. At the moment my clarity shout sometimes damages parts of the dreamscape and this often annoys DC s , probably because I just damaged their house or something else. They are usually just annoyed but sometimes they become very aggressive and violent. At this point I usually deal with the hostiles by shouting at them or I just leave. I never feel threatened by hostiles and sometimes just toy with them for a bit.

Current LD goal(s): Help Letaali by reaching the frozen planet, by finding out it's name and place.
Akawata

My hostile dc lucid dream exp.
PostPosted: Sun 17 Jul, 2016  Reply with quote

I was minding my own business doing my own thing in my lucid dream. Doing cool things like swimming and breathing underwater, skateboarding on crazy half pipes, and just exploring until I remembered a story that if you convinced your lucid dream characters that they were dreaming they could be your partner on your journey. The very interesting thing is that I remembered that I wanted to do that in a ld so immediately I wanted to find a dream character. I saw a white lady and I immediately went toward her direction but unfortunately she knew that I was coming and was trying to hide and avoid me as if I was an attacker wanting to do harm to her. I just wanted to talk to her then all of a sudden a white man with a green shirt puts his hand in front of my chest and blocks me from getting to her. She gets away and the green shirt man asks me "what are you doing?" I said I just want to talk to her. I remember even in the earlier parts of the dream the same exact incident occurred. I saw the white lady and then the white green shirted man steps in and blocks my way. He was very hostile towards me and he really didn't want me to talk to her. Why does she not want to talk to me? Why does another dream character come in and stop me?!

glypheye
Truant Traveler
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sun 17 Jul, 2016  Reply with quote

Oh my...another 2 cents in my pocket.

So, DC's......a couple ways (among myriad other ways, I'm sure) to regard them. One, is as if they are projections of your mind...or subconscious. And another, as something having real or independent awareness, somehow interacting with you in your dreams. And yet another, as some combination or variation of the two.

My thought is, any way you look at it is bound to shift the way they react. Might be fun to play around with this feature. How do DC's react when I treat them like they are real, conscious entities? How do DC's react when I treat them like they are an inextricable part of myself?

Page 3 of 3Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

print   ShareShare