New Level

This is a bit complex so I will keep it short. I have been following a particular goal in my lding for the last couple years and it is recently started coming to a head. Last night I had another torture dream in which my spine was being pulled from my body. A previous dream included me being held down and tased. in both cases, I woke myself up not wanting to experience the pain. However, I know that I must go through these experiences to get to a deeper level in my dreams. Every time I do this, I experience the same extremely painful dreams.
There is something urging me to follow a particular goal to go deeper into my dreams especially through my lucids. It would be interesting to know of any others that experience extreme stress and or pain when attempting to find a deeper experience in dreams.
Also, I would like to update this thread once I find some kind of resolution or development, hopefully in the near future. I plan on focusing my whole intention on this goal which means something will happen soon. I am finding it hard to explain exactly what I am trying to do so if you have any questions, that would help me figure out what I am trying to say and understand where I am going.
Heres to going where no one has gone before…

How would you discribe this deeper level? There are several models of dream levels out there, what one are you following? (If any)

Learning some pain management / bypass techniques may help. I have worked on the subject of fear and pain for a few years now, I am now at the stage where a 4mm thick needle can be inserted into my hand without me feeling pain. I rely purely on mental tricks and techniques, no funny stuff.

I have also studied nightmares for some time. I have mainly focused on how and why they occur. A very interesting subject if you have time to listen.

What I mean by a deeper level is not necessarily deeper in the classic sense. Its more akin to a wider more inclusive experience. Its not exactly easy to describe. Its a level beyond fear essentially. Once I get past this barrier of fear based mental/emotional pain, my dreams seem to open to a much wider and weirder experience. I can access parts of myself and parts of the dream experience that would otherwise be seen as too dangerous by my mind while in the dream. I am aware that I am dreaming when this happens. That is essential to getting past it as well as I have to understand in that moment that the pain is an illusion. However that is easier said than done when faced with torture. Once I get over that hurdle my abilities increase immensely, I can communicate with dcs on a much more spiritual or esoteric level, my dream life and waking life begin to mix just to mention a few. The last time I went through this was in my childhood years and the experience completely transformed my dream life.

The pain management would be interesting although the pain I feel in the dream is more powerful than anything I feel in waking life. My pain tolerance is relatively strong in waking life but its incredibly challenging in the dream.

I am always interested to hear more about nightmares and fear based dreams. I would be interested to hear your take on the subject for sure.

Is it possible that your expectation of needing to prove yourself before you can experience this deeper dreaming is causing your subconscious to test you?

As for your goal, do you have something specific you would like to do while you’re deeper?