Did I have a lucid dream?...

Hello,

I am new to this site and new to lucid dreaming as well. I had a dream recently and I wanted to reach out and find out if it was a lucid dream. Actually I have had several of these types of dreams where I would hear noises outside of my apartment but I was still asleep and dreaming. Any help would be appreciated.

A few days ago I fell asleep on my couch mid day. The TV was on and loud on the History channel. I was watching a program about the fall of Rome. In the dream my cat had escaped and a couple of police officers helped me track him down. As a thanks to them I invited them in for a drink as it was a hot day. The two police officers sat on my couch and started to watch the History channel program about the fall of Rome from my waking life. In my sleep I could hear the TV, but in the dream I was watching the program with them. Once I woke up the program was still on the TV and I was by myself, I then realized the program that was running in the background while I was sleep was also in my dream.

I have never had the experience of lucid dreaming and I was wondering if this is what was happening. Once again, any help would be greatly appreciated. It would be nice to know if i’m getting closer or if this was just kind of a freak occurrence.

Thank you

[color=orange]Hey welcome to the forum LucidD.

It sounds as if you realized it was a dream after the fact. You would have to realize that you’re dreaming within the dream in order for it to be lucid.[/color]

Hi and welcome !

I’d say that your mind just did integrate part of external sensory input (TV sound) into your dream
As a matter of fact, it is not a rare occurrence, but it can produce interesting results :content:

Anyway, even if no LD this time, just keep trying and find the technique that works best for you. Good luck !

Hey LucidD :happy:

When you fall asleep during mid day you enter very quickly the REM phase. Your body is actually not tired so you dream very vividly. It’s proofen that we have can recall dreams and lucid dreams during the REM phase the best :smile:
Once I fell asleep while my radio was on, so I was able to hear some songs in my dream :happy: But it wasn’t a LD as your one wasn’t either.
You must know while you are dreaming THAT you are dreaming :smile: Then it’s a LD.
Hope you’ll find the right technique for you soon! :smile:

Best Wishes
Nate

I really like to hear to music in my LDs while I am doing a nap during the day. The music affects my dream I a way like this: If I hear sth. fast like Techno, The thnigs I do in my dreams are also very fast like riding a rollercoaster, etc. …