How to stay motivated to lucid dream

Hi everyone,

I’m not really a new member but it has been a while since I last visited this forum. I don’t know what happened but for some reason my motivation to lucid dream went away abruptly after about a year of practising lucid dreaming almost every other day.

Recently I had a lucid dream (DILD) which brought me back here and renewed my motivation. However my question is how can I stay motivated? I don’t want to lose motivation again after so many years

Do you keep a dream journal?

I sometimes go back and read my old lucid dreams. I even read other people’s lucid dreams in this forum’s DJ section. It makes me remember how awesome the feeling was, and that is instant motivation :cool:

I used to keep a dream journal but I can’t find it. I’ll read other people’s djs; that’s a good idea thanks

I completely empathise with you there. It has been four years since i started dreaming (roughly)

but my LD count is still in the low 30s, as i just have little week-or-two long spurts of motivation, then i just lose all of my mojo. My last journal entry was on the 27th of May. Any tips to STAY motivated would be much appreciated.

This picture is what motivated me to start lucid dreaming. Whenever I lost motivation I would look at this picture… but eventually it lost its effectiveness. It might still motivate others though:

thats awesome

I’ll definitely give that a try.

But yeah, if that isn’t working anymore,
i would just hunt for new material that does get you motivated.

I sometimes google search ‘most fun things to do while lucid’
then set one of those as a goal
(my current one is to turn into a bird)

Some artists find creative inspiration by dreaming :smile:
Find your goals