Page 9 of 9Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Author  Message 
Don Anonymus
Novice dreamer
Dream Deity
LD count: Not specified

PostPosted: Fri 30 Jul, 2010  Reply with quote

KauaiDreamer wrote:
AAHHHH!! Another sleepless night! sadblauw Was up until 4 AM, finally went into the living room and crashed on the couch. Half hour later the roosters started waking me up. I think I slept all of 2 hrs (interrupted). Kinda hard to become lucid this way sadblauw

Mental fatigue isn't a good thing. I had some problems with this. My body wasn't tired but my mind was very tired and couldn't go to sleep = sleepless nights. If you want to experience such "mental fatigue", I suggest you to do more paperwork, browse the internet, read books, look at things and observe the details etc. Use your eyes for doing many reading and stuff like that. That will make your mind hurt a bit but you'll sleep better. Try it out wink5

I personally have too much mental fatigue, as my job requires much reading and typing and writing and mental concentration. So in my case, the body is the problem, and your case the mind is the problem ^^ You need to exhaust them both wink5

Kirbypowered
Within, but without
Astral Explorer
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Wed 11 Aug, 2010  Reply with quote

I haven't been able to sleep well for the past three days. This usually happens to me in the summer because I can't sleep when its to hot, but I'm losing recall from it now. (I end up lying in bed for 3-4 hours and lose any intentions I had to recall my dreams) sadblauw I've been doing well up until now because I've got a little fan by my bed, but its broken now. The two days before this had wonderfully cold nights and I slept and had great, vivid dreams.

So my question is, does anyone know of any solutions to my not being able to sleep in the heat problem? As you can imagine, fall and winter are my favourite seasons, great sleep, lots of dreams, and, of course, snow. =P

Current LD goal(s): Record dreams regularly..
KauaiDreamer
Aiming for the stars
Dream Deity
KauaiDreamer has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 43

for me it's not the heat, it's always hot here on Kauai.
I have been having a terrible time getting to sleep the last month. Last night I was so tired, mentally and physically that I fell asleep within seconds of my head hitting the pillow. Unfortunately the timer I have in my bedroom (for when I meditate or so), all of a sudden made two beeps, for no reason at all, and woke me up 18 minutes after having fallen asleep. Had to stay up for a while after that before I could go to sleep again.sadblauw

Current LD goal(s): ~get better at making a healing energy sphere, conquer doubt, fear & negativ
Don Anonymus
Novice dreamer
Dream Deity
LD count: Not specified

Kirbypowered wrote:
I haven't been able to sleep well for the past three days. This usually happens to me in the summer because I can't sleep when its to hot, but I'm losing recall from it now. (I end up lying in bed for 3-4 hours and lose any intentions I had to recall my dreams) sadblauw I've been doing well up until now because I've got a little fan by my bed, but its broken now. The two days before this had wonderfully cold nights and I slept and had great, vivid dreams.

So my question is, does anyone know of any solutions to my not being able to sleep in the heat problem? As you can imagine, fall and winter are my favourite seasons, great sleep, lots of dreams, and, of course, snow. =P

Hey, this might sound crazy, but I read it somewhere. Put your pillow, sheet and blanket in the... fridge . Not joking !! Put it somewhere where it can't get wet. Then, before going to bed put them somewhere dry and let them there for 5 minutes or 10. Then put them on the bed and go to sleep.

I repeat: I read this somewhere about how to sleep well. So, this could do the trick wink5

Kirbypowered
Within, but without
Astral Explorer
LD count: 4

PostPosted: Tue 28 Sep, 2010  Reply with quote

Well, the issue of it being too hot to sleep has long passed, in fact not falling asleep has become difficult to do when I lie in bed now. Well, up until the last couple days. The first night I finally got to sleep around 4:30 am and last night around 2:00 am. The only actual reason I got to sleep either time was because of a beta to theta binural beat slide which I have yet to be able to stay awake listening to.

I just feel like I cannot sleep whatsoever. I was terribly tired last night, having only gotten 4 and a half hours of sleep the night before, and no matter how close I got to sleeping I just felt like it wouldn't come. Now I could blame it on a lack of Minecraft, but I'm not sure about that . Either way, I'd like some opinions and whatnot on what might be causing it. I'll see how sleeping goes tonight anyway, might've just been a fluke or something silly.

Edit: Never mind, seems that it went away. I think it might've been because I wasn't really working my brain that much lately.

Current LD goal(s): Record dreams regularly..
Raswalt
Abducted Dreamer
Somniologist

PostPosted: Fri 15 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

during the day exercise, that would take care of your physical restlessness. then also exercise your mind by drawing, playing music, math problems, anything like that- no videogames or tv.. make your brain work for its right to shut down.

edit: oh, already said^ lol

bquips
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
bquips has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: quite a lot

PostPosted: Mon 31 Jan, 2011  Reply with quote

Ive always had problems getting to sleep since I was a very little girl. I can remember being panic stricken if I heard my parents coming to bed because if they went to sleep I would be the only one in the house awake. Its been troublesome throughout my adult life and I think I have got into the habit of working at night and sleeping part of the day away so my body clock is terribly confused, has my day and night mixed up. I try to force myself to get up in the morning no matter how little sleep I have had, afrter a few days I find I sleep better at night and am able to catch up on the sleep I have missed. Cat napping in the day doesnt help either, iy totally messes my sleep up and if I accidently sleep over my alloted time in the morning I can be right back where I started in that it affects my sleep that night. I may not fall asleep until 5 or 6 so the temptation to sleep in is strong but if I do I am setting myself up for a good few sleepless nights. The only way I have found I can prevent this is if I make myself get up as I already said, even if I have only had an hour sleep I have to get up, its the only way to ensure I get some sleep that night. ohno

Current LD goal(s): not to be afraid
StarryHawaii
LD count: 3 or so?

PostPosted: Wed 19 Feb, 2014  Reply with quote

I'm using some hypnosis downloads to cure insomnia, Im hoping they will continue to work out well. I think when we get insomnia we forget some natural facts about sleep, for example how sleep always catches up. In other words, our body somehow adapts. I listened to a hypnosis download, and it tells me hypnotically all about how the body adapts back to the natural circadian rhythm. In other words, it reminds me of a normal sleep pattern.

Current LD goal(s): get a lucid dreaming
tomelis
LD count: 15+

PostPosted: Sun 23 Feb, 2014  Reply with quote

Raswalt wrote:
during the day exercise, that would take care of your physical restlessness. then also exercise your mind by drawing, playing music, math problems, anything like that- no videogames or tv.. make your brain work for its right to shut down.

Nice idea. I can't fall asleep because of randoms thoughts that comes into my mind all the time. But this might help, at least I hope so...

WasPeace
Novice Dreamer!
Somniologist
LD count: 5

PostPosted: Mon 21 Apr, 2014  Reply with quote

When i was Young i also had a lot of troubles sleeping ! But now because of my "Lucid Dreams Fate" i can sleep in peace! It was very hard for me to sleep. THANKS LDs <3 lol

Current LD goal(s): Meet My CHAKRAS !
obfusc8
obfuscate! :P
cookie lover
obfusc8 has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jun, 2014  Reply with quote

It's currently 4.30am. I've been awake since just before 2am following roughly 2 hours sleep. I have work tomorrow. Arrrrrrrgh. cry

Sleep, damn you, brain!

Mismagius
~Korrina's Lover~
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sun 02 Oct, 2016  Reply with quote

I'm having problems sleeping too. And bed time is my favorite time of day sadblauw But it seems i have to take lots of melotonin and stuff to sleep...and i can't really do that with the tv on. In case it says some words that could cause me meltdowns...

Page 9 of 9Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

print   ShareShare