Lucidity Challenge 56 - Winner: MearaDelia !

1. 9spaceking - Visit futuristic train station
  2. Koal44 - Having a Concert and be part of the band
  3. DTDownUnder - Transform into an animal

Lets do this!
Im really excited.

I have never transformed into anything non-human. I am aiming to become a fox, or even a kitsune maybe. But at this stage I would be rapped with any animal.

Good ! Already 3 sign-ups !

Come on, dreamers, do not be shy :happy:

4. Arial - Have a temple meeting with Higher Self, Soul, and recently passed away lover to ask questions and receive guidance

Genghis, thanks for organizing this. I’m really excited. I have had some 20 lucid dreams throughout my life, and they seem pretty rare lately although I started trying hard again. I hope this will help me.:smile:

By the way, I think it’s super funny how your user name is Genghis Kahn and guess who wins the game… :razz:

YAY! Another Participant!
Welcome Arial!
That sounds like a very enlightening personal goal.
Good luck with achieving it.

Hello Arial and welcome to the LC !

Sorry to hear that, wish you a good LD can help you in lightening the burden…

Also, please be aware I have updated scoring system

4. Arial - Have a temple meeting with Higher Self, Soul, and recently passed away lover to ask questions and receive guidance
  5. James_UK2008 - Transform into another form

Luciditys been somewhat patchy as of late so I’m hopeful to get back into the motivation of getting reasonably frequent LDs :smile:

6. Obfusc8 - Fly a spaceship, in space!

EDIT: Also, my usual difficulty setting of no lucid points unless there is a new task completion in that dream, and all tasks must be completed while lucid.

Over half way!
Come on people just 4 more.
It’ll be fun!

7. Letaali - Get to the Frozen Planet.

I guess I’ll join. Unsure if I’ll be able to wbtb or anything due to my early mornings. I’ll try.

The frozen planet is a specific planet from a dream I had years ago, not related to the animated movie.

Great ! Already 7 sign-ups ! :happy:

Come on dreamers, join in, everyone is welcome :tongue:

8. MearaDelia - Have my first lucid dream

Awesome !
MearaDelia welcome to LD4ALL and to the LC - Wish you good luck in having your first proper LD ! :cool:

Come on, two more dreamers to go…

9spaceking - Visit futuristic train station
Koal44 - Having a Concert and be part of the band
DTDownUnder - Transform into an animal
Arial - Have a temple meeting with Higher Self, Soul, and recently passed away lover to ask questions and receive guidance
James_UK2008 - Transform into another form
Obfusc8 - Fly a spaceship, in space! (Difficulty: LD points only if new task, task points only while lucid)
Letaali - Get to the Frozen Planet.
MearaDelia - Have my first lucid dream
SpaceRace - Meet the running man

Been having luck with aware, detailed and semi-lucid dreams lately. Never joined a challenge in time but this should be fun. :happy:

The running man has made a couple of appearances over the last year and they’ve either escaped or gotten ahem squashed before I could figure out what they were all about.

Thanks for joining SpaceRace

One more dreamer to fire this up :content:

8. MearaDelia - Have my first lucid dream
  9. SpaceRace - Meet the running man
  10. Susan_Y - Meditate in a dream

Welcome Susan ! :content:

Now we have 10 sign-ups

I’ll post first week’s task during this week-end (targeting Saturday)

Stay tuned ! :cool:

Woop Woop!
I just got home from a successful serch for a missing person. Checked my email and found this!
Best night this week!

wooow congratulation! :happy:

Welcome to Lucidity Challenge 56 - Week 1

Background

[spoiler]You open your eyes, and almost get blinded. You are wearing a t-shirt, but it feels like a wool sweater.
Ouch ! It’s damn hot in here !
Around you, looking in all directions, deformed by the heat, you can see only sand, sand and more sand, extending in all directions.
You know this sand has always been here and always will be. This immobile desert exists beyond space and time.
Looking around, you see the other LC participants, sweating hard, same as you.

Squinting your eyes, in the distance you spot a tiny sand cloud. It’s just a dot at first, then you notice it’s increasing in size and getting closer to you.
Squeezing your eyes, you finally understand what the cloud is: a man mounting a horse is approaching your group.
You can now see the black horse is galloping furiously.
As soon as the mounted man reaches your group, he jumps down, without waiting for his horse to stop.
He’s wearing a leather armor, he’s got a black bow at his back and a quiver at his ankle.

He starts to speak, addressing all of you:

• Greetings to you all, LC participants !
  • I am Genghis Khan, and I am here to challenge your LD skills !
  • For this first week I am going to propose a very simple task, just for starters: you just have to conquer Jerusalem’s temple !

He summons a small oasis, including a big, shadowy tent.

• Inside the tent you will find your Crusaders equipment. Grab it, wear it, march ahead, conquer the sacred city and claim the temple as your own !
  • I will meet you again in one week !

Then, the black horse appears as out of nowhere, Genghis Khan mounts and gallops away, leaving a sand cloud behind…
[/spoiler]

Week 1 - Crusaders !

• Be in a desert +20 pts (A beach or playground sand won’t do ! It has to be A LOT of sand :smile: )

• Find an oasis in the desert +30 pts (Let us know what you find there !) [spoiler] Just a water pool surrounded by trees ? An ice cream kiosk ? A drink stall ? More travelers ? A zoo ?[/spoiler]
  • Wear medieval armor +20 pts (Plate, Chainmail, Leather armor or similar)

• Armor or shield has a cross on it +30 pts
  • Hold a ‘traditional’ weapon +10 pts (lightsabers and firearms aren’t included !)

• Sword / Greatsword / Shield +10 pts

• Bow / Crossbow +10 pts

• Mace / Warhammer +20 pts

• Engage in a fight +10 pts

• Using ‘traditional’ weapon +10 pts
  • Meet Saladdin (Salah al-Din) +20 pts

• Meet Richard the Lionheart +20 pts

• See a siege weapon +20 pts (Catapult, Ballista, Trebuchet, Rams, but also anything else, even invented by you, that can hurl a heavy load or destroy a wall/building)

• Destroy something with it +20 pts (Witnessing something destroyed by it will earn points as well)
  • Mount a beast +10 pts (Riding not necessary but welcome !)

• Mount a horse +10 pts
    • Mount a camel / dromedary +20 pts
  • Visit a city or town +10 pts (An easy one, at last!)

• It’s Middle-East-looking +30 pts (Some flexibility is allowed here - ideally low, bright houses, domes, mosque, minarets, bazars, …)
  • Visit a temple/church/sanctuary/altar +20 pts

• Pray/meditate at it +20 pts