Two inspiring cases of ultrahuman Calmness

Hello

For having stable and controllable lucid dreams, it is important to follow the three C-s of success: Calmness, Confidence and Persistence.

This little post is about Calmness. I will share one waking life Calmness case and one non-lucid dream case and show how they are connected.

Firstly, the waking life case.

I went to the dentist to have an impacted wisdom tooth removed. People generally fear dentists since operations in general are disturbing to an animal that has a functioning self-preservation instinct.
But on the operating table I found in myself an infinite goal-oriented calmness. It was powerful by itself and it was backed by some additional notions: the dentist was there to help (not injure) me, the operation would eliminate future suffering and lastly I found the operation simply interesting.
The operation was over quickly and everything went well. I was really happy for the calmness I had found.

Secondly, the dream. I will hide it because it may be a bit gross. If you are scared of centipedes, don’t read but if you are intent on overcoming your phobia, maybe reading can be useful.

SPOILER - Click to view

… I picked up a millipede, a harmless animal I had played with a lot when I was a child. But it turned into a brown centipede, a scary-looking thing I never touched. When I looked at my palm, the centipede looked very small. I thought it had curled up but on closer examination it appeared that it had found a wound in my palm and crawled under my skin. There seemed to be a puncture wound through my hand but it was not a see-through hole. There was no blood. I was obviously disturbed by the thing but since my goal was to remove it, I didn’t panic. I tried to pull it out but it broke and the head segment with three additional segments remained in the wound. So I waited and observed how my skin moved when the animal was moving around under there. I was certain that I would get it out eventually. At last an opportunity was presented: its long antennae protruded out of the wound and I pulled it out…

Upon waking I was really surprised by the Calmness. The experience provided me with a large shot of confidence. Now I am certain that I will be able to focus on the goal of stabilising my lucid dreams and staying calm, really calm. Because of the visit to the dentist I was sure I could stay calm in real life but the dream provided me with the confidence that I will be able to stay calm in a dream. And if I am able to stay calm in a normal dream, imagine what calmness I am able to exhibit in a lucid dream!