Lucidity Challenge 56 - Winner: MearaDelia !

Hmmmm… I don’t want to dream about war and fighting :open_mouth:
Riding on a camel through the desert and visiting a nice town and oasis and just seeing and carrying some weapons will do. :smile:

You should be able to address most of the tasks with a peaceful approach :wink:

Five lucids tonight, one amazing spontaneous / two DILDs and two WILDs

Just awesome

I’m glad you are hosting. You would probebly win again!

Points! I started a fight. (With a witch…using magic wands.) And I’ve been in several towns and cities in my dreams as well. No lucid dreams yet.

Link to my DJ is in my signature.

Good job ! And nice dream :wink:

Scores are updated :smile:

Non-lucid dream, which borrows elements from Gene Wolfe’s Book of the New Sun.

I claim points for:
Be in a desert
visit a town

Scores updated

Let’s really make things interesting - no lucid points for me, just task points. I’ll still only claim tasks done while lucid, but this will mean I really have to focus on the tasks.

Last night I had a lucid-nightmare and got into a fight with a hitman. The weapon I summoned was a meat cleaver - I guess trying to “cut out” this aspect of my psyche that the hitman represented.

Dream journal

P.S. I liked how my dream relocated things from the Holy Land of the challenge to some Gene Wolfe inspired future/alternate history California. The setting has the potential for a crusade to reclaim the holy city of El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula from Mexico :smile:

I have changed your Difficulty to : no LD points, task points only while lucid
Please confirm this is correct

I have awarded you task points while lucid for :

• Hold ‘traditional’ weapon
  • Sword / Greatsword / Shield
  • Engage in a fight
  • Using ‘traditional’ weapon

Scores updated

Perfect, thanks.

I had a vivid dream last night, but alas no points.

It’s like my subconscious picked up on the things that don’t count and then went with that.

Beach? Check.
Firearm? Check. (Although I used it as a club!)

At least the game is only beginning. Maybe the festival/event I saw being set up is just my DC’s getting things ready for the rest of the challenge. :happy:

I fought a massive lion with a glaive. I also built a spirit shrine in an ancient Asian town and visited a temple.

So:
-Hold a traditional weapon
-Sword
-Engage in a fight using traditional weapon
-Visit a temple

And everything happened non-lucid.

Hi SpaceRace, that made me laugh :happy: - Next time I will try and avoid unnecessary reference to ‘not relevant’ stuff :grin:
EDIT: Anyway, interesting dream, and also a good starting point for the LC. Also, if you don’t feel comfortable at sharing your dreams here, feel free to recap only the sections relevant to the LC

Nice job Letaali

Scores updated

As for me, this morning I had an interesting religious-theme 30min lucid

Haha, I’m glad. It was a real face-palm moment when I was comparing my dream to the tasks. And thanks, most of them I’m fine with, but there’s bits and pieces I’ll curate from sharing.

In my most recent dream I’ll claim points for being in a city and also for getting in a fight.

SpaceRace, reading your DJ I understand you were not lucid when completing those two tasks, so I have assigned you points accordingly.

Please let me know if this is incorrect, and I will update

Scores updated

Last night I dreamt I was holding a plastic sword and started to fight a person with a real sword.

I then took another weapon which was a chain with a Scythe at the other side of the chain. (you make the chain move into the air and try to aim with your scythe after.

So I will claim the points for:
Early Bonus
Hold a traditionnal weapon (Sword)
engage in a fight
using a traditionnal weapon (sword)

That was a Non lucid dream unfortunately.

I didn’t get any tasks done last night (I can recall the dream, but it isn’t very interesting). On the other hand, while planning the temple task for this week’s challenge I suddenly realised that the jewellery I wore in a dream back in LC 52 was in the form of the gankyil from Tibetan Buddhism.

Did the ‘wear armor’ task last night.

Dream Journal

The girl’s sweater was white with a red stripe, so almost a cross of St George, but it didn’t trigger memory of the sub task.