Lucidity Challenge 57 - Winner DTDownUnder!

First of all, please quote me to sign in (I use the list function to make it easier :smile: )

1. GenghisKhan - ???
  2. DTDownUnder - ???
  3. Arial - Experience being The Very Hungry Caterpillar
  4. Koal44 - Sing in a Band on stage in front of an audience

I love the theme for this LC! You haven’t started yet Meara, but you already sound like an amazing host :happy:
Fingercrossed as well for DTD, let s hope Lucid Dreaming can help you there :smile:

Ahh thank you Koal44 and Arial, and glad you joined as well!
Who knows you might find the muse in your dreams being captured by me, and you’ll have to save it :tongue:

And yes I now understand the scoring GengisKhan.

I fully agree, wonderful theme and ideas here
I am totally sure the tasks will be true fun !

In the meantime I have found out a suitable personal task, inspired by Walt Disney’s cartoon The Sword in the Stone, a classic I loved when young, and still enjoy as an adult and father - truly entertaining and with very smart messages

In order to complete the personal task I’ll have to perform all the below sub-tasks:

1. Transform myself into a fish
  2. Transform myself into a squirrel
  3. Transform myself into a small bird
  4. During 1 or 2 or 3, escape an enemy bigger than me without using any dream power
  5. Pull the sword out of the stone
    Notes: order of the first three not relevant, but I have to do the 5th as last

I think it’s long and challenging enough to keep me busy during the whole LC :cool:

1. GenghisKhan - ???
  2. DTDownUnder - ???
  5. footballfreak - ???

Curious to get back into consciously becoming lucid again!
I’ve taken some steps back from LD which has helped me appreciate dreams as they are and reflect on where my impulse(s) to become lucid come from. I feel like I’m coming from a place now where I can relax into lucidity without forcing it - or coming from a belief that something is lacking if I don’t manage to become lucid.
Long story short - I’m in :wink:
Personal task will follow in the coming days!

1. GenghisKhan - ???
  2. DTDownUnder - ???
  5. footballfreak - ???
  6. James_UK2008 - Become Scyther (Pokemon)

Broke through a couple of minor dry spells in the previous LC so hopeful to continue that trend here :smile:

1. GenghisKhan - ???
  2. DTDownUnder - ???
  5. footballfreak - ???
  7. Obfusc8 - Find and enter the Lonely Mountain, steal an item from Smaug’s hoard and escape.

To keep things balanced, no lucid points for me and all tasks done while lucid. Although, 'tis the season of Christmas parties, visiting family and a training course, so I might not be around much.

My Dad read The Hobbit to me when I was very young, complete with “scary dragon voice.” :happy: That’s probably the root cause of my obsessive bookworm tendancies. Although I don’t read as much or as fast anymore, there is always a book or comic on the go, so I’m really looking forward to this challenge because of the theme.

1. GenghisKhan - ???
  2. DTDownUnder - ???
  5. footballfreak - bring back an unknown melody from a LD
  7. Obfusc8 - Find and enter the Lonely Mountain, steal an item from Smaug’s hoard and escape.

The melody can either be transmitted by a DC or the dream itself.

1. GenghisKhan - The sword in the stone (3 transforms: squirrel, fish and bird + escape a bigger enemy without using any dream power + pull the sword out of the stone)
  2. DTDownUnder - ???

Added personal task

Come on come on 3 more people for the LC to start :happy: (also by writing here it gives the topic more visibility :content: )

1. GenghisKhan - The sword in the stone (3 transforms: squirrel, fish and bird + escape a bigger enemy without using any dream power + pull the sword out of the stone)
  2. DTDownUnder - ???
  8. Letaali - Find the elusive frozen planet

I guess I’ll join, even though I suck at lucid dreaming.

2. DTDownUnder - ???
  8. Letaali - Find the elusive frozen planet
  9. Susan_Y - Meditate in a lucid dream

Up !

Hi! I have never participated in one of these challenges before & im a bit afraid to do something wrong but— one can be afraid of something and still try it, right? :content:

I have some doubts, I don´t have a dream journal on this site because english isn´t my first language and it would be a bit hard to write them everyday (they´re long!), but maybe if I have a LD related to this quest I could share it on here [My dream art] with a draw + a description like I always do? :wink:

~If the quotas are already covered or I don´t meet any of the requirements there is no problem hehe! :bow:

Wohoo, we are with 10 participants! Which gives us a great opportunity to start this challenge at the start of a new year! :smile: That must mean some magic for our dream skills, right?

(I had a very amazing LD myself last night, in which I resolved an issue I had with someone in my real life, by talking to her dream character!)

On January 1st you will receive the briefing + tasks for your first week as a Hero of the Dreamworld

It might come a little bit late in the day, depending on my hangover… :wink:

Letaali and Lady Yomi, you are more than welcome, that’s exactly how I felt when I participated in the previous challenge <3 And warm welcome to Susan_Y too.

@Lady Yomi this quest is based on the integrity of all the participants, so you are invited to share your dream journal as it adds to the game, but if you claim your points without a link to it then that’s okay too. But I actually think your drawing + description could work quite the same.

You can also use this challenge as a great motivation to start writing a more comprehensive dream journal, as it will help you in improving your lucid dreaming skills (I say this from my own experience with the last challenge). And you can do this in the language that is most comfortable for you of course.

Thank you MearaDelia! :smile: I always write pretty detailed descriptions on my dream art (It’s like an illustrated dream journal of my favourite dreams at this point haha) topic, but I don’t know if I could be able to pass ALL of my dreams to digital format daily… (not enough time/energy to pass them from the notebook that I use as dream journal on RL, to the pc!)

But if it’s fine to give a link to my dream (art) journal (haha) I’ll do it with pleasure! :heart:

Ps! Congrats on your LD helping you to resolve things!! I’ll be back to check the tasks at the begining of january— Happy new year!!! :grin::star:

Happy New Year everyone :smile: And, let the challenge begin!

Welcome to Lucidity Challenge 57 - Week 1

The Background Story

Although you don’t need the background story to complete the tasks, I encourage you to read it before looking at the tasks, as it is more interesting that way :smile:

SPOILER - Click to view

You have decided to answer the call of the Council of Dreams, and embark on your quest to find the Muse. Together with the other Heroes of the Dream World you travel to the Library of Dreams, the place where the Muse has been seen last.

An old, fragile looking man approaches you. "Greetings dear hero. I am Coz, the librarian. It is an honour to invite you to the most sophisticated, expansive and best-kept collection of books of the entire dream realm.

I saw a glimpse of the Muse when I was working here last night, and saw it running of the section with childrens books. Feel free to search through my library for clues, but be aware… you might stumble upon some magic."

You nod, and quickly find your way to the children section of the library. You are surrounded by bookshelves that seem to reach higher than the stars, and the floors are scattered with piles of books.

Than a very special book catches your eye. It lays spread open on the floor and somehow attracts you to itself, as if you are under a spell. You read a few lines, about a girl who’s falling through a rabbit hole. But before you can read any further, the book pulls you in.

You see letters flying around you, and you yourself are thrown in all kind of directions.

Than after some confusing minutes, you land on the ground. When you look up, you find yourself… in Wonderland.

Is this what has happened to the Muse?

Challenge tasks
As you might have picked up, your most important task during this challenge is to find the Muse. The Muse comes in many shapes, and your Muse will look differently from the Muses of the other participants. So please leave us a description when you find yours, it will be interesting to see what each Muse looks like!

You can complete these tasks during the entire challenge, and there is no early or combo bonus for them.

• Find the Muse +50pts (it’s enough if it appears in your dream, even as a creature somewhere in the distance)
  • Have a conversation with the Muse +50pts
  • Bring the Muse back home safely +50pts

Week 1 tasks - Alice in Wonderland

Scenery inspired tasks

• Be in the dark +10 pts
  • Be in a forest +10 pts
  • Be in a field of flowers +10 pts
  • Be in a river +20 pts (You have to be IN the river, not just near it)
  • Be on top of a (relatively) giant mushroom +30 pts

Character inspired tasks

• See a rabbit +10 pts

• The rabbit carries a watch or clock +10 pts

• See a dodo +10 pts

• See twins +10 pts

• See a playing card +10 pts

• The playing card is alive/a living creature +20 pts

• Make something invisible +20 pts

• The thing you make invisible is a cat +10 pts

• Have tea with someone +10 pts

• The person you have tea with wears a hat +10 pts

• Have a conversation with a caterpillar +20 pts

• Ask the caterpillar a philosophical question and receive an answer +20 pts (e.g. “Who am I? What is the meaning of life?” - Let us know what the caterpillar answered! :wink:)

Adventure inspired tasks

• Fall down +10 pts

• Your fall is through a rabbit hole +20 pts

• Eat or drink something + 10 pts

• Shrink or grow +10 pts

• The shrinking/growing is because you ate or drink something +10 pts

• Have a conversation with a door +20 pts

First! :razz:

Here I swim in a river, with dolphins. (Task done while lucid, but no lucid points for me pls.) Also I freefall out of a window, which might count for falling down?

Short lucid dream. No tasks done. Link

Yay, such a fun story, Meara!

I will do my very best tonight.

As I felt inspired to do so, I wrote a dream intention for this night / week:

[spoiler]Today I start with the lucidity challenge 57. I want to become lucid tonight. And when I do, I want to put myself into a dark forest, with only some glowing flowers lighting the path. I follow the path, more and more glowing flowers. Very beautiful. Then the path ends into a flower field. A multicolored, glowing flower field in the dark night. In the middle of the flower field, a river runs. I walk towards it and jump in the river. I turn into a fish and swim. On the bottom of the river, also glowing flowers and other plants grow. After a while I bump into some kind of softish wall. I swim towards the surface, and there I turn into a squirl so that I can climb up the wall, which appears to be the stem of a giant mushroom. When I climb to the top, I find a giant caterpillar. I know I can now ask the caterpillar a philosophical question. I ask him: “ What drives transformation?” I get an answer back, that I will be able to write down when I awake the next morning. Then the middle of the mushroom turns into a black hole that I get gently sucked into. I say bye to the caterpillar and fall into the blackness. It appears to be a rabbit hole, which I’m falling down into. Free fall into the darkness I go. Then an angel appears, she’s very light and loving and beautiful. She tells me she will guide over me while I make my transformation. I look down unto myself, and see that I am caterpillar now as well. Around me leaves are falling. I am VERY HUNGRY, because I’m the very hungry caterpillar, and so I start eating whatever I can eat. I increase in size with every leaf I eat. After a while I start transforming, and I make the whole transformation into butterfly. After that, I fly down to the ground of the rabbit hole, where I see a very tiny door. I transform into a cat and talk with the door, I ask how I can get through. The door answers I should shrink by eating the cookie that’s behind me. I do, and become small, then I walk through the door. There I sea another cat, and I chase the other cat in a playful way. Then I make him invisible. A card appears, it’s the black spades lady, I tell her about how she still triggers some stress inside me because of the Heart Hunting Card Game in which she would mean a lot of penalty points, she gives me an interesting answer back that helps me cope with many fears, and that I can use tomorrow as inspiration to write an article for InevitableBliss (same for the caterpillar answer).
[/spoiler]

Good luck everyone!

And Lady Yomi, what a beautiful dreams and awesome art! Very cool.

Yay think I got some points this night! I wasn’t lucid, but I do think my intention brought in some elements.

I jump/fall, into a river, and I walk through a forest.

Here’s the link to my dream journal, I made the elements that are in the assignment bold so that you don’t have to read the whole dream if you don’t want to.

[url]https://community.ld4all.com/t/dream-journal-arial/40614/1]