My Best and Most Bizarre Reality Check

Recently, I’ve started to keep a dream journal in order to improve my recall in the hopes of inducing more LDs. However, about a week ago, I began to notice a trend. For some weird reason, every couple of nights towards the end of my sleep cycle after I’ve had all of my dreams, I’d have one last dream where I experience a FA and write down the night’s dreams in my journal (under the impression that it’s the waking life). I then wake up to discover that my journal is actually empty for that night.

I realised that I can make use of this by preforming a reality check every time I write something in my journal. Then when I dream about writing in my journal, I’ll realise that it’s actually a dream and become lucid. The best part is, it’s worked! The other night as per usual, I experienced the FA, reached for my journal, did the RC and became lucid.

Just something really bizarre I thought I’d share haha. Anyone got any similar stories?

Hello LucidJibby,

I am shocked you describe it as bizarre because I get that often. This also demotivates me to write DJs actually.

SPOILER - Click to view

example:

source

This is a quite common thing for me to experience too, and it is great that you have converted it successfully into a RC! I’ll try to make this into a habit too. :cool: