The BIG "Was this a LD?" topic - Part VIII

I remember that in my last dream I was driving a car and looked to the speedometer and first it was 40km/h and then when I looked it again it was somelike jumping from 80km/h to 95km/h… I wonder if this works as same as the clocks? Could this be a sign that Im getting closer to LD?

Yeah, similar experience here. I said to myself ‘I am dreaming’ but the second I said it I woke up, before the awareness really kicked in.

When I was around 5 I had lots of nightmares. I became afraid of sleep and stayed up all night because of them. But, then my brain developed some kind of mechanism to find nightmares and awake me if I realized it was a nightmare.

Here’s how it did this:
I would go to sleep, and when I started to dream everything was normal. But at the first sign of something bad, or scary, I would hear an extremely loud alarm sound that was extremely similar to my house alarm. This would cause me to wake up immediately and not have to go through the nightmare. This still happens to me occasionally in my dreams. But are these dreams considered LDs?

In my dream, I was in my bathroom and said outloud, ‘Why can’t I eat this chocolate? I’m dreaming’ Was this a LD? And if not, how close am I to having one?

And also, I don’t remember anything else of that dream, or doing a reality check.

There was no chocolate there anyway. lol. :sad:

This is the dream from my dream journal, tell me what you think?

The dream started where I was invited to stay at a hotel with someone who appeared to be my gf from a very wealthy family. We where moving through the hotel which had marble floors. People in penguin suits (tuxes) started to appear trying to carry people luggage. There was a black guy following me but at a distance it seemed as if he was trying to catch up, i think he was trying to carry my luggage. I really wanted to carry my own luggage because i didn’t want people to think i was snouty person. I had entered a new room that looked like a library. After i walked passed a couple of bookshelves , the guy caught up to me and took my luggage. I let him take the luggage but wasn’t happy. So any way i was now part of a group in the room that had a feel of a college/school library, but it was actually supposed to be a new look (cloths shop). The sales rep who was giving us a tour and telling us about the products wasn’t really too enthusiastic, telling us that essentially everything is crap.
Now the interesting part. The scene rolled on and now the group and i are sat around in a lobby. All of a sudden i have this sudden feeling of hindsight. I knew that everything was going to blow up. I never remember thinking that something was strange about this. I had no control of anything at the time. But my “dream self” seemed to be expressing an element of control. He seemed to know what he was doing, and he seemed to know that there was something up (in terms of this not being real). My character then decided that he’d tell everyone about their impending deaths with something along the lines of “run! Where going to explode”. So as everyone ,without hesitation, started running, my Dream self seemed to have a plan. As we ran towards some stair i spread open my arms and slowly brought them together, left hand with the palm open, right hand with my index and middle finger pointed. Holy shit i was about to perform my first ever RC. Unfortunately i woke up before the two hands met, but i think its worth noting that i was fully expecting my hand to pass through my palm, and i think it would have if the dream carried on. I hadn’t fully realised that i was in a dream but part of me had some sort of a hunch. I also believe that i was on the brink of lucidity as my hands got closer and closer. It was like a wooshing feeling, looked similar to the starship enterprise when it does that warp space thing.

I hadn’t noticed anything weird but i found it strange that i spontaneously RC’ed. Also i think i was gaining lucidity before i had even performed an RC.

Anyway this is all very exiting for me as this is my first real experience. What do you guys think. Was I lucid/on the brink?

It’s good since it shows that RCs and the thought of lucidity was in your dream.
You weren’t lucid but it’s possible if the dream had lasted longer that you would have gained some lucidity.

Yh its nice to se some progress, i was just wondering what the whooshing/swirling feeling was. Was it the start of a transition or something?

I never had any effects when doing the finger through palm RC. It’s my favorite RC, it feels odd :smile:
It’s possible you were expecting an effect, so you experienced one :smile:

You’re right on the brink. I often have those types of near-lucids before a long string of full-blown lucids.

Last night i got a very numb or even paralized feeling and i ended up in a dream. In the dream i remembered that i tried to get into a dream/fall asleep. I then did a RC and my hand had 6 or 7 fingers :o. The thing that makes me wonder is that i hear that people with their first LD get really excited but my reaction in the dream was more like “wow, i’m indeed dreaming”. In the dream i was in my own room and had zero-gravity. I tried to float towards my door to explore my house in a dream but a DC was holding onto my leg and trying to pull me back. He also had zero-gravity. I started fighting him but i was very slow and i tried to push him off etc. He blocked them and didn’t even fight back. I pulled my hand behind my back and i said to myself. If i pull it against the DC his head there will be a gun in my hand. Sadly enough there was no gun and i ended up fighting the DC during the whole dream in my house. The last thing i remembered of the dream was that i was floating above the stairs going to the first floor ( i was on the second) and i was trying to kick the DC downstairs but also that didnt work. A perfect time waste in a LD or it was a F-LD. So my 2 questions are: 1. Was this a Fake LD or an actual LD. and number 2: Why was the DC blocking me from exploring.

Were this lucid dreams? I instantly thought it was fake when I woke up (for real) but when it happened it felt so real! The dream I mean.

Don’t know what triggered it but I did a hand RC and I said I’m dreaming! Was excited but then false awakening.

Second one was me doing a hand RC. It worked and felt so nice. This is where it felt real (the dream). I walked around, spun, and touched things to stabilise it, but it felt like a cartoon (or digitally, sort of fast) when I touched things. I then false woke up.

Yeah guys, it seems that real LD is clothe :cool:

I remember one of the fisrt LD I had, it began by a false awakening, because I remembered that I had get back to bed in my daughter’s room so she can get to sleep again.

I woke up in my dream, and I did several RC ; my hands had five fingers, I couldn’t breath when I pinched my noise and when I jumped, I fell down. So I said ; “ok, this is not a dream.”

Just the second after I noticed that my daughter’s room had another wall that didn’t exist in reality…then I told myself ; "oh f***** if my RC don’t work when I do it, it will be difficult ! :tongue: " Then I started to walk around to talk to my husband who were next to the room, just to see how he could react in my dream :content: …but I realy woke up, in my daughter’s room, she was still asleep and I felt frustrated, but it’s the beginning,

we will succeed !!! :happy:

Firstly, if I fail when I writing, please take it easy. My native language is not English. So, “Sorry for my bad English” :happy:

I was unable to lucid dream until last night…
I was in a place like a class in my dream. I didn’t see any known face. The floor was marble… Suddenly I realised, I’m in a dream. I surprised but I was not too excited. I didn’t do rc(I guess I forget it) I looked around and my view was some blurred. I was gonna try to turn around but I woke up. I can’t remember that I really woke up or I woke up to another dream. But I guess, I said myself “This is a dream too…”
I don’t remember what happened after this. (I didn’t get a sleep paralysis). I just saw another dream but it was not a lucid dream.

So I’m wondering. Was it a lucid dream or my dream’s scenario was “realising you’re in a dream.”.
Or there is something different?
Thanks. :smile:

I think you were dreaming of being lucid due to lack of excitement at experiencing ‘lucidity’ for first time.

But at least the thought of LDs is starting to appear in your dreams.

Oh, this is a good (or semi-good) thing then. Thank you for answer :smile:

I realised that I’m posted this to the lucid quests. Sorry. I deleted it.

I guess I saw another fake ld last night…
When I’m in a dream, I was in my school. I closed my nose and tried to breathe. Succesful! I breathed without any problem. I realised that I’m in a lucid dream. But I didn’t feel something… Special. Yes, I think that’s the correct word. Anyway… I don’t remember what happened before I realised that I’m in a ld. I think I directly connected a lucid dream (I did wild).
When I realised it, I started to walk in my school’s corridors. After some walking, I tried to hand rc. My index finger passed my left hand. But I felt it’s pressure in my left hand and only my index finger’s tip has passed. That’s strange. Because I don’t use that rc technique in my real life.
When I did that rc, I was sure that it is a ld. I walked a bit more (You’re in a ld and you’re walking… Man, I’m too creative ._.) Then I have lost my lucidity and it’s turned a nd.
Now… Is it a fake ld or real? I didn’t get excited, I didn’t feel something special, I didn’t do nothing in my ld. Normally, I think I would be excited. (I have never seen a ld if that is fake)

Thank you. :smile:

You don’t need to feel anything special. It is a lucid dream when you know it is a dream. If you remember that you are YOU, which day it is, where you live etc and not just “playing the part of someone”, it is a real LD :cool:

The way I see it, knowing you are in a dream at the time you are dreaming is enough to call it a Lucid dream. So Congrats, I think you had a real LD! :partying_face:

(As I say to people that say this kind of thing IRL) Don’t apologize! The fact that you have taken the effort to learn another language excuses you!

Someone said me “when you are lucid, you must feel something different.”. I guess I learned too many superstitions about lucid dream… Anyway.
I was trying to say, I don’t know that I was lucid dreaming or I was dreaming that I’m lucid dreaming :meh:.
Well, if you have seen a ld, The possibility of seeing ld, increases right?

Thank you :smile:

Well i would say as long as you realised you were in a lucid dream it was one :smile:
I still remember my first “lucid dream” (if you can call it like that):
I spoke to a women with a white dress, who sat on a chair. I dont remember her face or who she was. Anyway, suddenly (i didnt even do a RC) I realized that im dreaming right now. And in this moment the dream startet to collapse. I tried to stay calm an to stabalize the dream but it didnt work :sad: But when I woke up I was happy, because it was my first lucid dream :smile: