Lucidity Challenge 57 - Winner DTDownUnder!

Well, I’m kind of lost. But I know exactly where I am. (I think I had a minor amnesiatic reset, that hasn’t happened for a while)

Anyway, I think I have finally picked a personal goal.

1. DTDownUnder - Visit Muka/ Red Acres

Muka/ Red Acres was my childhood home. I have not been there since my last full reset. I would like to dream of this place so that I have an idea of how much memory I have been able to hold onto through thease troubled times. I understand that revisiting this location could be dangerous, as the memories I have of that time are extremely fragile.

Finally 2 small LDs for me last night. I don’t remember properly what happened but I m quite sure no task inside.

Awesome! I just wrote my intention for this night:

SPOILER - Click to view

I want to become lucid tonight, and have a really long lucid dream. I want to be the big 12 meter long shark that I heard about today, that’s still form the time of the dinosaurs. Then I transform into a goddess, swimming on the surface level, a huge giant appears to be in the water too, and lifts me into the sky by taking me in his hand. I’m now in the clouds. It’s not cold at all, the clouds actually feel fluffy. There are little wind nymfs flying around. One lands on my hand, she’s very tiny and amazingly light and beautiful. Then she flies away again. The giant then puts me down on a floating island in that sky. There are people there in 18th century clothes, I’m wearing a beautiful and comfortable dress from that period myself now as well. I am wearing a wig as well, long red curls. Then I meet a very handsome young man who appears to be a magician. He waves his wand and suddenly I’m tied up against a pillar in a courtroom. The judge is a horse. And the witnesses are the famous Jesus Christ and the very 800 years old Babaji. The horse says I’m accused of being awesome, and asks me if I plead guilty. ‘I’m not sure’ I reply. Then the horse asks Jesus Christ to tell us what he has seen, and Jesus Christ says what greatness he observes within me that makes him think I’m awesome. Then Babaji is asked as well what he thinks. Christ and Babaji engage in a conversation with me to help me understand my own greatness. When the conversation comes to an end, the magician, who had been sitting in the audience, comes up to me and takes my hand to bring me to the next place. We then suddenly are in a dollhouse, I’m very small, the size of a doll. There are even inanimate dolls there. The magician and I play around in the dollhouse, we both love each other’s humour and make each other laugh a lot. In the garden of the doll house there’s a boat, and we decide to steal it from the doll owner. We sit in it, and the magician snips his fingers, and suddenly we are on the boat in a completely orange / yellow passion fruit juice ocean. Then the large 12 meter shark appears. He has been drinking so much sweet juics that he has become very sweet and non-hungry himself now. He just wants to play with us, and bites the boat we’re on in two parts, we sink, and the shark plays around with us until we wash upon the shore of an island nearby. It’s a beautiful island with great blue beautiful birds on it with gold in the feathers, singing all their own beautiful song, but in harmony together. One birds comes towards us, and invites us on her back. We sit down, and she takes us on dreamy ride while the sun is setting. The birds keeps flying towards the sun and in the end flies right into the sun, where we enlightened by it’s radiant bright warm light. All of me and the story dissolves, and I just become light and remain in this bliss for the rest of the dream.

I wonder… do you still earn points if you fulfill this week tasks from the first week?

yay :smile: good luck everyone this week!

Finally! My dream recall is working again & to make things better I had a lucid dream this morning—! But, sadly I forget about the challenge & didn’t saw any of the tasks either! :sweat_smile::joy:

(I mean I saw the sea but I was walking by the shore so I don’t think that counts lol)

Hey I finally ate something in my dream! :happy: It was a large cone made of liquorice and I think it had blueberry ice cream inside? And a pink, soft cookie on top. Tasted great! I was not lucid.

Dreams haven’t been too interesting or well recalled, so you won’t find any new posts in my DJ. Maybe tomorrow.

This morning during WILD I get tied up and see very small people LINK TO DJ

Had a non-lucid where I’m on a small boat, on the ocean, but close to the coast. Experienced a tsunami and two tornadoes, but nothing sank my ship, unfortunately.

Here I end up in the sky and then in the ocean. Also, saw the people of Atlantis wearing 18th century clothes similar to what I’d googled for in prep for this week. Tried to bold the relevant stuff, but it doesn’t show up that clearly.

I’d hoped to get on a frigate or similar ship to the ones from Master and Commander series of books, or Hornblower, even though that’s 1800- Napoleonic era, but the ships would have been built, or probably the same design, as ones from the 18th century. :content:

Probably the same thing that makes urinating off the 40m tower so fun! ( I train soldiers how to abseil, we have two large, 40m high towers in one of our training areas, it is a long walk down to the bottom and back up again, and it holds up the whole process to do it that way, so we just wait for when no one is at the bottom, and then make it rain!)

I would like to claim the following points please:

1X Short Lucid

(all non-lucid tasks)
Be in the dark
Be in a river
Fall down
See people dressed in 18th century clothes

Non-lucid dream in which I am on a oirate ship in tbe ocean.

I claim the points for:

• be in the ocean

Long WILD this morning in which I do a lot of stuff LINK TO DJ

Tasks completed:

• Be in a river (wk 1)
  • Personal task (all steps)
  • Be on an island
  • Its an island that is floating in the sky

No lucid dream points for me, as in the two DILDs I did not complete any task

I leave to host judgement below tasks:

• Meet a famous person from the past - Lucio Dalla was a famous singer, deceased in 2012, not sure it qualifies
  • Be in the ocean. As a fish I was indeed in a large body of water, from underwater I could not see its limits, but I had a rock wall on one side
  • Make something invisible. I make my son disappear
  • Be in the sky - The island on the sky was perhaps 100m above ground level, not sure is enough
  • Travel by bird. I transformed into a bird and flew, most likely not valid I guess, just asking…

Hmmm, That sounds an awful lot like the Current Quest…

You are very very right there

I actually transformed three times during that lucid: into a squirrel, into a fish and into a bird

Hi everyone. I’m new here and I have a question about the WILD method to becoming lucid. Do I go through the steps of the method with my eyes closed or open? This may seem as a dumb or obvious question, but I am new to LDing and I’m unsure. And I’d like to ask what method you find to be most effective and if I should try a different method over WILD. Thanks for your help in advance!

Welcome to the forum newman! You are currently in the Lucidity Challenge thread, which is not quite the place for your question :wink: You can create a topic for it in the Quest for Lucidity part, over here: ld4all.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=22

Hi everyone! Sorry I’ve not been so active last week, I had a very busy launch in my company. From now on I’ll be updating the scores more frequently :smile:

You can find the latest scores here.
Great to see progress this week for many of you :smile:

The new tasks will follow soon!

@Susan_Y, the clothes are okay, it’s more about the general look and feel than the exact timeframe :smile:
Congratulations on your points!

@DTDownUnder, good luck on your goal!

@Arial, Yes - you do still earn task points for each of the past weeks. The only difference is that you’re not able to score the early bonus for that week once it’s over. (But you already got that one, so it doesn’t make any difference for you).
When you complete tasks from two different weeks in the same dream, you score the combo bonus.

@Ladi Yomi, I assigned you points for a short LD. Let me know if it was a different length! (You can find the measurement for that in the first post of this challenge, under the scoring section.)
And congrats!

Had fun reading the mermaid story of Obsusc8 :razz:

@GenhisKhan, Wow, congratulations on completing your quite extensive personal task - and so soon! I’m curious when you’ll find the Muse :smile:

Your comment about the famous person made me realize the task was kinda vague, so I changed it into ‘meeting a famous person who has passed away’ meaning you completed it! I also rewarded you points for most of the tasks you mentioned - and for the Monthly LD4All quest.

The Quest of Week 3

The Background Story

[i]You are on yet another travel to the other side of the ocean, when you spot a bird flying towards you. As it comes closer, it appears to be a messenger hawk. You open the letter it brings you, which tells you that although you, and all the other Dream Heroes, have been travelling through Gulliver’s story - none of you have seen a sign from the Muse.

‘Its time to move on to your next story,’ states the last line of your letter.
‘But what story?’ you wonder.

Then you notice something else is included with your letter: a bar of chocolate. You are a bit surprised but quite hungry too, so you open it.

What’s that?
There’s something shiny inside.
It almost looks like… gold.
[/i]

Challenge tasks
Your most important task during this challenge is to find the Muse. The Muse comes in many shapes, and your Muse will look differently from the Muses of the other participants. So please leave us a description when you find yours, it will be interesting to see what each Muse looks like!

You can complete these tasks during the entire challenge, and there is no early or combo bonus for them.

• Find the Muse +50pts (it’s enough if it appears in your dream, even as a creature somewhere in the distance)
  • Have a conversation with the Muse +50pts
  • Bring the Muse back home safely +50pts

Week 3 tasks
This weeks’ story: Charlie and the Chocolate factory

Scenery inspired tasks

• Be inside a factory +10 pts

• It is Willie Wonka’s factory +10 pts

• Be in a candy store +10 pts

• Be in a landscape that is made out of candy or other food +30 pts

Character inspired tasks

• See an oompa-loompa +10 pts (these can be the oompa-loompa’s looking like the ones in the book or either of the movies - all counts)
  • Listen to oompa-loompa’s performing a song +10 pts

Meet/see the five golden ticket winners:

• Charlie +10 pts

• Augustus +10 pts

• Veruca +10 pts

• Violet +10 pts

• Mike +10 pts

• See a bed with four elders in it +20 pts

Adventure inspired tasks

• Find a golden ticket! +20 pts

• You find the golden ticket by opening a chocolate bar +10 pts

• Swim in a river of chocolate +10 pts

• Chew a piece of experimental gum and find out how it will effect your body +20 pts (you have to experience a significant change in your body for it to count!)

• Fall into a pile of trash +10 pts

• Be teleported into a television/be inside a television +10 pts

• Be in a glass elevator that is flying in the sky +10 pts

There are some great opportunities for the combo bonus this week… :smile:

Thank you ! I’ts been fun !

Me too, but I am saving that for later :tongue:

Cool, thank you so much ! :smile:

Nice new tasks, too ! I have never seen any of this, and have no reference on mentioned characters, but they look cool :cool:

Non-lucid dream in which I meet the “space jockey” from the sci-fi horror movie Alien.

I claim the points for:

• See a giant
  • See someone who is more than a hundred years old. (The plot of Prometheus implies that he is at least that old, I think).

(I’m not sure if this site would consider it acceptable to link to H. R. Giger’s concept painting for the space jockey … but I know many of you have seen Alien anyway).

Mid-length WILD this morning LINK TO DJ
I am on a stealth / infiltration mission in the jungle
Close to the end, I shrink myself to ant-size, so two people were looking to me as gigantic
I am not sure this counts for “See a giant” / “I am smaller than his hand”