I can't get lucid

Im so fed up, so angry at myself. Ive been interested in lucid dreams for 2 years, Ive read everything about them, and told all my friends about them. The problem is that they all had one before me. I also already had one but I was 6 years old at that time. 15 Minutes ago was the closest that Ive ever came to one, I laid in my bed, starting WILD with WBTB, said my mantra and imagined where I wanted to be. I don’t really know what happend next but after about an hour my thoughts where drifting through god knows where as suddenly aomething hit me. It draged me down, my whole body was 3 times has ready and for the first time in my life I saw the purple patterns. I heared the familiar highway sounds but they had cracks in them, like from a very old vinyl. And I couldn’t breath anymore, I had to take deep breaths, and then I had to swallow, and at this time I also had small cracks in my vision. They became less vivid and faded into black, and by the time I had noticed that my body felt the same as 5 minutes after I laid down. Tingly but light. What am I doing wrong? I want a lucid dream so bad but no method has ever worked for me :cry: :cry:

Hi Adam,

Too bad you did not achieve a ld while you were trying so hard for two years.

Maybe I know a remedy you have not heard of before.
In my experience valerian can be helpful in attaining lucidity.
In have noticed this effect myself by coincident. I might wake up in the middle of the night, not able to sleep anymore. So I get out, take some valerian, try to relax by reading or even watching tv. After an hour or so I can go to bed and fall asleep. Then I notably often end up lucid or pre-lucid.

(Valerian is also frequently mentioned as a ‘lucid dreaming herb’, next to mugwort, peppermint, rosemary for exemple. I tried these harmless herbs. Mugwort also seemed to have some effect on me.)

So maybe valerian can do the trick for you too. I recommend to use it during WBTB. And maybe not focus on doing WILD, just say your mantra, imagine where you want to be, let it go and relax :content:

Good luck :ok:
Majah

Very interessting because I never have the feeling, that I cant go on sleeping when I wake up in the middle of the night. If I wake up in the middle of the night I just roll my self about 180 degrees and I can go on sleeping :happy: